Shin

The Matrix Analogy

5 posts in this topic

Had some fun making some analogies from the Matrix and I though it would be interesting to share.

I’m not saying, by those analogies that the makers of the film actually intended to hint what I’m going to say, nor that the points I’m going to make are true (I’m not enlightened).

759c291b7167df6ba06dbe1d360892e0.gif

This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes

Here there is a hint that taking some psychedelics (5-meo), mystical experiences (Samadhi) will turn you into a seeker for life.

The blue pill is never having enough faith to seek one of those experiences, and continue to live an ordinary life.
The red pill is having the courage to have one, taking the risk to see that everything you thought to be true is a lie.

What is real ? How do you define real ? If you're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then real is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain

Have you ever had a dream Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world, and the real world?

Pretty straight forward teaching about how what we call « reality » as no more legitimacy than our dreams.
There is no way to differentiate the two, because unless you have a lucid dream, you have no idea you’re dreaming.

Your last dream was also full of realistics perceptions (electrical signals interpreted by your « brain »).
So by definition, there is never a time that you can be sure that this life is « real » in the traditional sense of the term.

You ever have that feeling where you're not sure if you're awake or still dreaming ?

Early line from Neo in the movie, it hint something extremely simple.

If you actually stay alone for a long enough time, and if you had some experiences in lucid dreaming and/or mushrooms/psychedelics, you can’t say you’re not dreaming.

You would honestly not know.

Neo, sooner or later you're going to realize, just as I did, that there's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path.

Pointing to something the human mind hates.

It simply means that no matter how much concepts and « knowledge » you think you learned through the teachings you read/heard, it actually doesn’t matter that much.
Basic understandings are necessary (to not think you’re going mad), but aside from this, continuing to endlessly learn or hear about non-duality is just a waste of time.

Walking the path is being life itself, actually being in a meditative state all the time, self-inquiring and comtemplate all the time, until your reality crumbles.
That can only be done by doing the practice over and over, not by reciting texts, not by getting a kick from your last favorite guru, not by discussing all of this with someone else.

The only thing that matter is the practices, which you will realize in the end, are just your natural state of being.

I'm trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it.

A spiritual master can only make you wonder what you are, make you question your direct experience.

It’s the only thing he can do.

They want you to be your own guru, because they know they can only help you to realize the above point …

You have to let it all go, Neo. Fear, doubt, and disbelief. Free your mind.

That’s one of the most common teaching that all spiritual guide will tell you.

In this case it lacks the term « belief », because your all life is a belief in itself …
Your mind must become detached from every ideologies, every assumptions about how « reality » works.
That’s how the truth will be seen, how you can « make yourself prone » to see it.

Everything you think is a belief, only your actual experience (perceptions) is real, not only that, but your actual experience is based on your assumptions that runs deep in your unconscious mind.
If you think you’re a human being, those perceptions are highly misinterpreted.

Don't think you are, know you are.

The only way to know what you are is to be what you are.
You can’t think infinity, by definition it is infinite compared to you …

So the only way is to realize you’re it.
You can’t realize something if you already think you know how it works.

Unfortunately, no one can be told what the Matrix is. You have to see it for yourself.

That’s the reason why almost everyone will tell you spirituality is bullshit.
Nobody can make you see what a spiritual awakening is, it’s an internal realization.

It will always sounds like a religious dogma, because you will need FAITH to start the journey,
Either by an innate spiritual wisdom, or by years/decades of deep suffering.

Do you believe that my being stronger or faster has anything to do with my muscles in this place? Do you think that's air you're breathing now ?

It explains why there is « supernatural » phenomenons in the world,
Which is easy to understand if you grasp there is no such thing as a « reality ».

If everything you will ever experience are « dreams », then there is no limit to what can be experienced in them.

You can have a dream where there is 99,999% of the sentient being in it that thinks supernatural phenomenons are impossible though, which in return makes this dream appears overly materialistic and scientific …

You are the One, Neo. You see, you may have spent the last few years looking for me, but I have spent my entire life looking for you.

Trinity: I know why you're here, Neo. I know what you've been doing... why you hardly sleep, why you live alone, and why night after night, you sit by your computer. You're looking for him. I know because I was once looking for the same thing. And when he found me, he told me I wasn't really looking for him. I was looking for an answer. It's the question that drives us, Neo. It's the question that brought you here. You know the question, just as I did.

Neo: What is the Matrix?

Trinity: The answer is out there, Neo, and it's looking for you, and it will find you if you want it to.

Direct pointers to your true nature.

As a human being you may have been on the path for just a few years, but the truth has always been there, for eternity.
Not only it has always been there, but it loves itself (you) inconditionally, and wants itself (YOU) to awaken.

Oracle: Do you know what that means?

[points to a banner]

Oracle: It means know thy self. I wanna tell you a little secret, being the one is just like being in love. No one needs to tell you you are in love, you just know it, through and through.

This quote has a double meaning.

It teachs that no one but you can know if you’re enlightened, there is no need for an external validation.
An insight has authority regardless of how it is explained, or how unlikely it looks like.

It also subtly says, that being the one « god » is the same as being in love, or more exactly being love …

Morpheus: Let me tell you why you're here. You're here because you know something. What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me. Do you know what I'm talking about?

Neo: The Matrix.

Morpheus: Do you want to know what it is?

Neo: Yes.

Morpheus: The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work... when you go to church... when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

Neo: What truth?

Morpheus: That you are a slave, Neo. Like everyone else you were born into bondage. Into a prison that you cannot taste or see or touch. A prison for your mind.

Everything you experience IS the truth, all of it.

You are EVERYTHING, there is no distinction between « your name » and whatever perceptions you experience.
That’s why it is always there, that’s why you can feel it wherever you go, whatever you do, and whatever you think.

Your hand is as much godlike than the Buddha himself.

Everything you look in your room right now is god.
Every sounds you hear right now is god.
Every sensations in your body is god.

And GOD is YOU.

NvE.gif

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

I think the film makers most certainly did intend to hint at what you said, to many similarities for it to be a coincidence,

Just now, Nathan99 said:

I think the film makers most certainly did intend to hint at what you said, to many similarities for it to be a coincidence,

Or we only see so much coincidences because we want to see them ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

The movie will show one how to awaken and get enlightened if you know where to look and go beyond concepts. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.