Shadowraix

Do you go out of your way to spread ideas to others or let them come to you?

19 posts in this topic

All the time I am finding people discussing things that are sorely off track.

I know monks and gurus often let the seeker seek their knowledge out instead of going directly to them. There have been many times I have spread such knowledge and it gets heavily rejected - which is fine. They are at least now aware of it. I no longer pursue to change minds, just spread knowledge. But I do wonder if that effort is better spent on those who directly seek my advice and myself.

How far do you go to spread what you have learned?

I don't talk about self-help or spiritual subjects to people unless it comes up naturally.

However; if someone is about to "fall off a bridge", I will lead their mind to safety.

Both.  I share my insights with others and I benefit from others’ insights too.  And others benefit from my insights.  I think it’s good to share your insights — just don’t become too evangelical about it.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Outside of the internet, I don't spread information anymore. Usually, I meet people and they ask me of curiosity, or another known people or friends talk about me and so on. What I do here is, I'm learning from the reactions of people, planning to teach on the internet as a full-time job. I have more than a decade of teaching experience on the metaphysical, is something i enjoy and do it gladly. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

People just want to be understood and find answers on their own...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

5 hours ago, Shadowraix said:

How far do you go to spread what you have learned?

Teaching and talking about self actualization, evolution, growing, and developing oneself is definitely worth talking about for no other reason then you are retaining the information a lot more deeply when you set out to teach that which you have learned. It is important to have an outlet to regurgitate  the information in which you are learning so that it gets more deeply ingrained into your brain housing group. Besides, if I don't lead the conversation into something worthwhile then gossiping will pursue or someone will start talking about Kim Kardashian or something like this-which theres nothing wrong with in of itself but I'd say those topics are not going to get anyone anywhere. That's why I like to bring up subjects about things that I have learned through books, videos, courses, etc. so that I can learn more deeply. 

In other words if you have no outlet (journaling, forums, speaking, etc.) for your knowledge then you will not be able to grasp as much. I'd say however, that if you get triggered if someone is not paying attention, or you hold too strongly to something, or you are getting annoyed at the level of consciousness of those that you are communicating with, or maybe you become too rigid or overly dogmatic, then you are doing it wrong and you may have to check yourself-which I have to do, every so often. :D

@Equanimitize I have a couple of outlets in which I can bounce my realizations off of which are quite receptive to it.

Even some real life friends.

Its mostly random internet conversations in which they are talking about something and I try to point them in the right direction and I get totally shut down. But you can easily lead yourself in an endless amount of conversations of people not ready to be receptive to what you give them. Which like I said I am content with since I stopped trying to change minds, but it can become tiresome to respond to every off track thing you see and ends up a major distraction at that point.

I'm mostly trying to learn the criteria in which you guys decide to engage in such conversations.

1 hour ago, Shadowraix said:

@Equanimitize I have a couple of outlets in which I can bounce my realizations off of which are quite receptive to it.

Even some real life friends.

Its mostly random internet conversations in which they are talking about something and I try to point them in the right direction and I get totally shut down. But you can easily lead yourself in an endless amount of conversations of people not ready to be receptive to what you give them. Which like I said I am content with since I stopped trying to change minds, but it can become tiresome to respond to every off track thing you see and ends up a major distraction at that point.

I'm mostly trying to learn the criteria in which you guys decide to engage in such conversations.

You gotta have the attitude that helping to change one person is enough.  Really what you’re trying to do is help change yourself.  And then you give back by helping to change others.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I am someone who enjoys real life connections and I've been LOOKING for a teacher to help me level. But I feel like as a seeker, it is hard as well. People have this "hate" towards any conversation about the inner self. I now solely use the internet to help me grow.

I do wonder, what is the best way to gauge if someone might be spiritual or have an inner life?

There's a difference between what you have "learnd" aka experienced for yourself and what you read off internet or a book, so if you trying spread the latter no one will care.

Only if the person is dear to me and off-track, I was planning to buy a entry-stage spirituality book for someone I love dearly for Christmas, atleast he can get some new Green ideas mixed in with his very Orange mindset.

I dont preach to people because I know that everyone has different perspectives and I trust that their intution and intelligence will take care of them. It did for me so why not for others. :)

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

people get inspired by the quality of my Life and come ask me for advices. all i have to do is live well.

unborn Truth

15 hours ago, NoSelfSelf said:

People just want to be understood and find answers on their own...

It would be better to say they want to think they came to the conclusion themself. What likely happened is the complete opposite, and guiding someone to the answer in a way that they feel they achieved it themselves is a good way to introduce these sorts of things to other.

That's probably part of the reason the 'be the change you want to see in the world' way of creating change is so effective. They see the guidance you're radiating out as an example of what they could be, and since you didn't just outright tell them what to do they think they came to the conclusion to make those adjustments themselves, when really it was both of you.

Edited by Elysian
Grammar

53 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

people get inspired by the quality of my Life and come ask me for advices. all i have to do is live well.

nothing more to add 

@Elysian how would you guide them if for example they dont recognize you as a good example even though you embody that quality they need?

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

Now fight.

3 hours ago, NoSelfSelf said:

@Elysian how would you guide them if for example they dont recognize you as a good example even though you embody that quality they need?

Just a couple of examples:

Do everything you can to be the best example you can be to other, with your entire life. Change their perception.

If you're already doing that and they're still resistant, you could find a way to drop the information into a conversation that someone they will more likely respect has the solution to whatever it may be. Like if they need emotional healing, refer them to a source/book that was created by someone prestigious or a guru. But don't outright say they should do it, people don't like being told what to do.

Find a way to lead them into it, maybe present the information as if you're only talking about yourself and how much it helped you. Or talk to someone more open to listening to you in that person's presence. Give them the opportunity to have an "Aha!" moment, "Maybe I've found a solution to my problem." There's all sorts of examples like this.

And if you're truly embodying qualities people aspire to, these sorts of situations could just happen naturally in front of this person, without any effort on your part to give them a nudge.

Edited by Elysian
Grammar

@Elysian Yeah good points thats how our teachers should be or parents and they fail at it...

It's you.

Now fight.

If I feel that it will increase my own absorption. Although there are times in which I can sense an idea will create an affect in the collective. I go through cycles.

On 11/22/2018 at 7:14 AM, ajasatya said:

I very much resonated with this. Thank you for that.

On 11/22/2018 at 7:04 AM, wavydude said:

There's a difference between what you have "learnd" aka experienced for yourself and what you read off internet or a book, so if you trying spread the latter no one will care.

Well I don't know if they will always care even if it is direct experience haha. But I would say the majority of what I say does come from direct experience. I try to be mindful if I ever veer out of direct experience, but I don't think its really cut back the 'you're crazy, insane' etc comments. It comes off as pseudo-science to many.

A lot of those around me in person noticed dramatic changes in how I am and they seem very receptive to learning about how I have changed, but thats not going to be a factor people can see in many online discussions.