abrakamowse

Did anyone noticed that we are all the time "acting"

28 posts in this topic

I mean, like actors... playing our roles. We really don't know what to do, we just reflect on what others do and we respond accordingly with all our processed experiences. But we have to look into us to know what we are going to do next and in others, how others respond, etc...

I just had that feeling looking interviews of actors. Everything seems mechanical.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

@abrakamowse i‘m not i‘m chaotical. 

acting for me is building s fassade instead of a skin. well some things are routines - that’s more something dogish.

Edited by now is forever

23 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

I mean, like actors... playing our roles. We really don't know what to do, we just reflect on what others do and we respond accordingly with all our processed experiences. But we have to look into us to know what we are going to do next and in others, how others respond, etc...

I just had that feeling looking interviews of actors. Everything seems mechanical.

Nice insight. It's fun playing the "observer role" in life. Just observe with no beliefs or attachments. Fascinating.

7 minutes ago, Nahm said:

And now I’m responding. Damn it! 

You are winning an Oscar! here you have it Lol

2 minutes ago, now is forever said:

@abrakamowse i‘m not i‘m chaotical. 

acting for me is building s fassade instead of a skin.

That's a good one! But notice that anyway it's a chaotical fassade hehehe...

1 minute ago, Serotoninluv said:

Nice insight. It's fun playing the "observer role" in life. Just observe with no beliefs or attachments. Fascinating.

Thanks @Serotoninluv  I'm going down the rabbit hole, but I think I still didn't even entered in it.

:-P

Thanks guys for the comments!

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

@abrakamowse if you think so.

you’ll know a fassade when you see it. a good start to see true differences between fake and real.

life is a big stage, huh? it’s another nice model, at least there are still real people involved, i like it better than the game model but it’s less accessible.

Edited by now is forever

9 minutes ago, now is forever said:

@abrakamowse if you think so.

you’ll know a fassade when you see it. a good start to see true differences between fake and real.

life is a big stage, huh? it’s another nice model, at least there are still real people involved, i like it better than the game model but it’s less accessible.

I know what you are talking about. When we act more in the way our true self would act is not so much as a fassade.

That could be the difference to know who is really faking it (like some religious people that are always happy but they didn't transcend it, or judgmental, etc...) and who is really closer to what he really is. 

Right? I know what you are talking about.

Thanks!

:-)

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

We're acting even to ourselves. We're continuously thinking to make ourself believe that we're persons. 

When I have the monkey mind going, sometimes I just ask myself: "Who are you talking to?" :D and the act of thinking becomes funny and unnecessary. 

I feel like thinking is superfluous. The space from where the thoughts arise is the same space that listens to the thoughts. I am the space. So it would be more efficient to just skip the thoughts and let the thinker and the listener be one, as it already is. 

Does it make any sense? :)

If the actor's ultimate existence is investigated nothing can be found. There is no essence of "actor" in either feed or legs or hands, head or other parts of the body. The same applies for that which is allegedly acted upon. So what are the bases for "acting"?

Empirical reality can be funny, right? But it can also be felt as if causing unease or even worse.

Please do not pay attention to my empty words if you are following Leo's teaching !!
Sometimes my empty words may appear too negative, too rational, too irrational, egoistical or even like trolling because my path is a non-path and is nothing but deviation and incompatible with all teachings known.

Not all of us :P 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

I guess god has rules if you want to sleep in the nice parts of his cities.

isn’t it what makes a real good actor, that sh/he doesn’t need to act even while acting?

so is acting not only about the role we are willing to play?

while learning the role, we adapt to the role. we integrate it.

and when we are done with learning the role we look back and think or see, we have become the role (at least partially)

but what really counts for being a good actor is knowing the kernel behind the role.

to reflect that, theater is a better reflector than movies.

Edited by now is forever

12 hours ago, lmfao said:

Cool lyrics! Good one!

8 hours ago, Barna said:

We're acting even to ourselves. We're continuously thinking to make ourself believe that we're persons. 

When I have the monkey mind going, sometimes I just ask myself: "Who are you talking to?" :D and the act of thinking becomes funny and unnecessary. 

I feel like thinking is superfluous. The space from where the thoughts arise is the same space that listens to the thoughts. I am the space. So it would be more efficient to just skip the thoughts and let the thinker and the listener be one, as it already is. 

Does it make any sense? :)

A lot of sense... thoughts have to keep creating that idea of a person constantly, there's no person in reality. So nice!!!

We are free!

:-)

4 hours ago, ground said:

If the actor's ultimate existence is investigated nothing can be found. There is no essence of "actor" in either feed or legs or hands, head or other parts of the body. The same applies for that which is allegedly acted upon. So what are the bases for "acting"?

Empirical reality can be funny, right? But it can also be felt as if causing unease or even worse.

It caused me a lot of uneasiness, when I didn't know anything about self actualization, enlightenment, etc... It was so scary to be nothing that I ended in the hospital. I had my dark night of the soul really. It was fast but necessary.

I wouldn't be talking about this if I didn't pass for that period. My (the) mind went crazy for sometime.

:P

When you realize that life is an illusion, you really live it fully.

This feeling is getting stronger and more clear. We are really devils.

We act to make our loved ones believe we are victims, we are sad, to manipulate others... OMG.

I can see that clearly, in myself of course...

:P

On 11/19/2018 at 1:41 PM, abrakamowse said:

At the end of Leo's last video he mentions that you can't go forward with him, from here onward unless you really do the work of Observation. He also mentions that it wasn't easy.. Observing is in competition with acting. Our ego's/false personalities get a lot of coin from acting.

Our inner wolf eats our inner lamb.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn