Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
How to be wise

Solution to the mind-body problem

7 posts in this topic

One thing I disagree with Leo is his solution to the mind-body problem. He said that the reason why the brain controls your perception is because the brain is a ‘special’ perception itself.

I disagree with this point. The reason is that the fact that ‘the brain controls your perception’ is itself a belief. It doesn’t matter what physical proof you have. The brain having anything to do with your perception will always remain just a concept. 

So the real solution to the mind-body problem is that there isn’t any mind-body problem to begin with! That problem was itself created by the ego.

Do you guys disagree with this reasoning? If you do, I would love to hear your thoughts on this. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

I didn't watch the whole episode but our memory is not only about the meat part "brain"

Our brain is simply responsible for linking part. Actually the whole memory is stored on the what is perceived, literally. If you see a tree, that you know it is a tree because you see it. That's where the data stored, on the tree itself. Your brain is just links thoughts and thoughts and concepts all together. That's what it is! A huge cell collection linked to each other. If everything was stored on inside our brain, can you imagine how bullshit this is? Everyone of us had to have a huge copy of whole world. This is not like this, the knowledge is central, not decentralized. Experiences are.

Try to not take Leo too literally all the time and look at where his words point to.

When teaching something a new trick you start simple.

I was wondering what "mind-body problem" stands for:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mind–body_problem

The mind–body problem is a philosophical problem concerning the relationship between thought and consciousness in the human mind and the brain as part of the physical body. ...

A variety of approaches have been proposed. Most are either dualist or monist. Dualism maintains a rigid distinction between the realms of mind and matter. Monism maintains that there is only one unifying reality, substance or essence in terms of which everything can be explained.

Each of these categories contain numerous variants. ...

Actually when it comes to linguistic expressions I'd prefer the materialistic approach: consciousness being the product of more complex organizational structures of matter similar to light being emitted by matter which is a common phenomenon even in the context of non-complex matter.

But then that's just linguistic expressions and "matter" could also be replaced by "energy" without contradicting the linguistic conventions of science.

Whichever narrative one fabricates what does it matter? :D

Please do not pay attention to my empty words if you are following Leo's teaching !!
Sometimes my empty words may appear too negative, too rational, too irrational, egoistical or even like trolling because my path is a non-path and is nothing but deviation and incompatible with all teachings known.

The thymus and the chest control perception. The brains are the eyes of the heart so to speak. 

Because AIR/Lungs is directly linked with the Touch sense, the feeling of yourself and surroundings. 

Edited by Hellspeed

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

@How to be wise  there is only mind , the ''mind-body'' problem is really a ''mind-mind'' problem . So i agree with you , the answer is that there is no problem kkkkk