Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Roch

What does stage orange spirituality look like?

16 posts in this topic

I think I’m an example of it. I’ve never been into scientism, but people are often surprised to find out about my spiritual beliefs. Partially because I’ve been mocked for my beliefs. I don’t like looking crazy or irrational to people. I can also be too much into logic and over analyze things despite my beliefs. I’ve also never had any mystical experiences. Maybe I’ve experienced the flow state at best and a few weird thoughts during meditation. 

In the best case, like Sam Harris or JP.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Roch imagine if it's just deep breathing to sharpen up your focus for fucking bitches and getting money LOL

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Yeah I'd agree with Leo. I'd also throw out something similar to the likes of Dan Harris of 10% Happier, apps like Headspace and such. Maybe throw in people like Tim Ferriss but yeah I think Sam Harris is the pinnacle of what you can take stage Orange to as far as spirituality. 

Looking up at the stars and making concepts and models about them.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

People meditation for the ego serving benifits. Concentration and releaving stress for example.

The road to God is paved with bliss.

Worship of competition and financial and social success.  Sports, investing, sales, business.  The Olympics is very stage Orange.  When I mean social success I mean success that makes a person a step ahead of other people in the perceived social pecking order.  Orange is competitive, but with society's standards not their own authentic standards necessarily.  In contrast, Coral is competitive, but on their own authentic standards only.  And Coral is only competing with themselves not with other people like Orange is.  You ever hear the saying "being a step ahead of the Joneses?"  That's a very stage Orange sentiment because Orange is comparing themselves with other people and competing with other people.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Unwiring For the sake of love, the bliss of letting go and reduction of suffering mostly. When I sit down on the meditation cushion I do it for the sake of meditation.

For contrast, orange is completely engrossed in the life they have constructed around their egos, also known as maya, and uses meditation for the sake of maya. For example meditating to be able to concentrate harder and more effortlessly on their work or to seem calmer in social interactions to become more accepted. Nothing wrong with it, some people start of that way.

The road to God is paved with bliss.

Christian churches, in the U.S, fluctuate between blue, orange, green and yellow.

Edited by Brittany

Tony Robbins throws in some Orange spirituality in his personal development courses.

Orange spirituality is often focused on personal achievement. For example, participating in mediation to increase one’s attention and focus skills so they can be more productive and successful at work - and outcompete the other guy.

On 11/21/2018 at 9:01 AM, Serotoninluv said:

Tony Robbins throws in some Orange spirituality in his personal development courses.

Orange spirituality is often focused on personal achievement. For example, participating in mediation to increase one’s attention and focus skills so they can be more productive and successful at work - and outcompete the other guy.

And also that "other guy" can also be yourself. People who neurotically compete with some illusory 3rd person fantasy of themselves. "No that's not my best! THIS is my best!" 

Historically it was protestantism

It was the first time, that ordinary people started to read for themselves, what was written in the bible.

On 11/21/2018 at 9:01 AM, Serotoninluv said:

Tony Robbins is a really great observation.  Totally!

Edited by Joseph Maynor

6 hours ago, kieranperez said:

And also that "other guy" can also be yourself. People who neurotically compete with some illusory 3rd person fantasy of themselves. "No that's not my best! THIS is my best!" 

That’s so true! I used to compete with my former and future selfs. For example, I would train really hard for marathons to beat my previous self’s time and to make it hard for my future self to beat. So bizarre how the mind works. . . 

@Joseph Maynor Wow! That is intense Orange! ?

RAJNEESH-016-LAF200434.jpg

osho-circle-school_inipi_07.preview.jpg

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them