Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jonathan

Intense Buzzing, Shaking Or Vibrating In The Head While Inquiring.

4 posts in this topic

Does anyone else experience these things while intensely focusing on the false self?(Buzzing, shaking, vibrating in the skull) Is this okay? Does anyone also feel head pain (I assume from eyes fixating towards the top of the head) whilst inquiring? Lastly, when the meditation starts to get quite intense and I've been meditating for an hour or so, I notice some sort of mental fatigue.(A kind of mental sluggishness, concentration might still be strong but it feels as if I'm forcing my mind to continue when it wants to stop.) Is this common? I hope this is concise and understandable and I appreciate any and all feedback. Thank you very much!

Edited by WhoisJon

Sounds like you are forcing things. Are you straining your eyes to look up and at the center of your forehead?

@WhoisJonI have experienced similar things too. This is known as 'Torpor and Drowsiness' which will happen a lot if you are fairly new to meditation. As you start to unearth the imbalances within, there will be much turmoil and emotion which is coming up to be released. I guess we just have to keep dis-identifying with the emotion and let let it die out and they say a natural harmony will set in. This hasn't happened to me yet but I feel it's because there is just so much unackowleged emotion left in me that needs to be dissolved. Maybe it's the same for you.

I think I might be accidentally straining my eyes. I really appreciate the feedback from you guys and I'll try to focus on keeping my eyes even rather than upwards. Thanks again!