Annoynymous

Question For Leo about spiral dynamics latest video

8 posts in this topic

Hey Leo. It was a nice juicy insightful video from you. Although i have some things to know.

1. You have said in your video, like lower stages are in cls 1 where as higher stages are in cls 5. So it will be absurd to judge cls 1 from cls 5 because cls 1 is also important and should be integrated. 

What about cls 1 ridiculing,  judging, critisizing cls 5? I mean lower stages frequently judges higher stages. Its like cls 1 student who knows alphabet judging cls 5 student's paragraph because from his POV he finds it stupid.How to deal with that?

2. You have also said that all stages has judgement, confirmation bias, emotional issues phychological issues etc that leads to suffering. Thats kinda disheartens me as i thought if i develop through spiral, these suffering of mine will end. If it is not the case, what's the point of developing through spiral dynamics?

3. Those of us who are listening to actualized.org for years, specially in recent years when you are releasing nuanced and advanced videos, what is your assumption about us according do sp? Which stage do we belong?

I'm not Leo but I hope I can add something of value.

1.If you have included and transcended a stage you should be able to understand where they are coming from but also what they are missing at that point you can consciously try to take their perspective. You wouldn't be mad if a 6 year old child called you a poo-poo head would you? 

2.The types of problems you have should change but if you want all suffering to end then you have to stop identifying with the ego because it is the source of all suffering. Spiral dynamics is mostly concerned with growing up. not waking up.

3. I recall that he said that most people on actualized.org are around Orange and then he later revised it to Green. In my opinion that is a misleading question and the answer he gave was also misleading. As he added in his current video there are different lines so when you ask what stage someone is you also have to specify which line of development you are referring to.

Edited by Aimblack

1) You can't cure a fool. He has to outgrow his own foolishness. Expect to be judged a lot by lower stages. Maybe even expect that they will kill you one day for your consciousness.

2) Higher stages have much less of those things. Life feels better at higher stages. So it's very much worth developing. Compare living in Saudi Arabia vs the US or Northern Europe. Where would you want to live if you were a woman or a minority?

3) Each of you is different. Most of you are Orange/Green probably. But some of you are Yellow/Turquoise.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura

1. I live in a third world country. I feel miserable with people around me. I mostly think of myself as green person and i get critisized judged and rediculed by people. Many times i feel confused about myself after hearing them. I get emotionally irritated and triggered. It becomes a massive roadblock in my journey of personal development. Do you have any advice for me?

2. Assesment about myself in terms of SP gets tricky for me. Sometimes i feel i am overrated and underrated by myself when i try to figure out where i am in terms of sp. What to do with that to reduce my confusion?

3. Its not a question, but gratitude for you. You have opened a way through actualized.org for those of us who are questioning literally everything for decades. Thank you dear leo and looking forward to your spiral dynamics application video. And thanks a lot :)

Edited by Annoynymous

43 minutes ago, Annoynymous said:

@Leo Gura

1. I live in a third world country. I feel miserable with people around me. I mostly think of myself as green person and i get critisized judged and rediculed by people. Many times i feel confused about myself after hearing them. I get emotionally irritated and triggered. It becomes a massive roadblock in my journey of personal development. Do you have any advice for me?

2. Assesment about myself in terms of SP gets tricky for me. Sometimes i feel i am overrated and underrated by myself when i try to figure out where i am in terms of sp. What to do with that to reduce my confusion?

3. Its not a question, but gratitude for you. You have opened a way through actualized.org for those of us who are questioning literally everything for decades. Thank you dear leo and looking forward to your spiral dynamics application video. And thanks a lot :)

1) That's all grist for the self development mill. The irritation other people cause you shows you which aspects of yourself need more work. They only irritate the ego, not the True Self. This is what I mean when I say life is a love simulator. You are being challenged to love more in the face of criticism and hatred. It requires courage to face and surrender your deepest fears.

2) Keep studying the model more. Read some of the books about it. Then it will be really easy to see where you're at. This model requires at least 20-30 hours of study and contemplation to start to understand. And some reading. It is a big investment, but it will be worth it.

3) My pleasure

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

3) Each of you is different. Most of you are Orange/Green probably. But some of you are Yellow/Turquoise.

I'll just go and outright admit. I'm still at Orange/Green.