the_wanderer

"What Is Perception?" Did I have an enligtment experience after watching that?

5 posts in this topic

Here is what I wrote when I was half in the state of what I was in after the exercise Leo made in the video:

Was this an enlightenment experience. There is no line between "my" body and everything else, it is like I can see some fingers typing on a keyboard hear a voice saying the words before white text appears on a black surface with all kinds of shapes and colors which people call a screen. My mental images show an experience of losing the idea of looking throw eyes. The idea of a context where you experience the world by looking throw eyes became clear that is was just imagination. And this aww over how reality just is, was clear. Then a lot of "monkey mind" talk started, and I was unclear of which thoughts I could think to maintain this experience instead of going back to a reality with the context of being a person experiencing the world.

When I look at the text now, it is clear that it was properly a spiritual experience or my mind faking what I would think an enlightenment experience is. So I have 2 questions, how do you know if a spiritual experience was fake or real? And what do you do when you get to that headspace to not go back to your old pathers of thinking?

@the_wanderer Yes, that is a little taste of enlightenment, but enlightenment can also go much deeper, and there can be various facets to it.

How do you make it stick? By doing lots of practices like self-inquiry until your entire reality is deconstructed.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura I'm 17 and started to follow you at 15. I would not have gotten started on this self-development journey this early if it was not for you. Thank you Leo

9 hours ago, the_wanderer said:

.. how do you know if a spiritual experience was fake or real? ...

The question is how spiritual experiences differ from non-spiritual experiences and whether this difference is real or fabricated.

Please do not pay attention to my empty words if you are following Leo's teaching !!
Sometimes my empty words may appear too negative, too rational, too irrational, egoistical or even like trolling because my path is a non-path and is nothing but deviation and incompatible with all teachings known.

19 hours ago, the_wanderer said:

Here is what I wrote when I was half in the state of what I was in after the exercise Leo made in the video:

Was this an enlightenment experience. There is no line between "my" body and everything else, it is like I can see some fingers typing on a keyboard hear a voice saying the words before white text appears on a black surface with all kinds of shapes and colors which people call a screen. My mental images show an experience of losing the idea of looking throw eyes. The idea of a context where you experience the world by looking throw eyes became clear that is was just imagination. And this aww over how reality just is, was clear. Then a lot of "monkey mind" talk started, and I was unclear of which thoughts I could think to maintain this experience instead of going back to a reality with the context of being a person experiencing the world.

When I look at the text now, it is clear that it was properly a spiritual experience or my mind faking what I would think an enlightenment experience is. So I have 2 questions, how do you know if a spiritual experience was fake or real? And what do you do when you get to that headspace to not go back to your old pathers of thinking?

Ohhh Wait.. I kind of perceive the world as such so frequently and more often lately

I haven't watched @Leo Gura 's " What Is Perception? " vid yet n didn't do any exercise on purpose either

I've been trying to put what I've been experiencing into words for the last couple of days.. n what u said just did the job.. exactly the way u described it.. as if I just am the structure of reality.. n all that I can see with my eyes.. There's no division..

So wtf is happening to me ?!, haha

Is it normal to get this so often ?!

P.s. it usually sticks for a long time without me even makin an effort to make it stick.. I actually find it a bit difficult to re-perceive life as a normal human being haha

Should I stop resisting it n just let it last ?!

Cuz honestly I felt I was goin' nuts haha 

Lookin forward to reading a reply on that.. am I foolin myself here or is it sth enlightening ?