Jonty

Newbies Keep Going - It's REAL!!

17 posts in this topic

I wanted to write this post to really encourage any newbies out there to keep going.

I have been doing contemplation for one hour a day, every day for around 14/15 months now. I meditate and try to eat well. Tonight I have had my first ever HUGE awakening experience and trust me….. it’s incredible.

If there are any sceptics out there (and I know there are), please believe me when I say that EVERYTHING that Leo is saying is right. He is giving us so many pointers in his videos to the Truth that I actually am finding hard to understand how I couldn’t see it before now as it really is quite a simple thing to see once you understand what you are looking for. Its right there all the time, right in front of all of us…. It’s crazy!

The thing that has tipped me “over the edge” if you will were the last two videos he has done, about oneness and about perception. I was thinking over and over today about the fact that the universe is not happening to me, it’s happening to itself and BAM! There it is. It just all sinks in all of a sudden. It actually made me laugh! (ironic as well, as I asked a question about oneness earlier this week as it was confusing me a little!)

To all newbies out there or people thinking about giving up, just keep plodding away because IT IS REAL!! You will see it. All you need to do is do the work!

@Leo Gura Thankyou!

Really happy for you my friend :) It shows once again that consistency and perseverence is key. I can confirm this myself but I want to actually live this insight way more integrated. Thanks for sharing 

cPXbRLI.jpg

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Wow only 14 months... amazing! Inspiring! Thank You! :x

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Please describe what happened.

I know doing so may hinder my own awakening but fuck it, share!

Meh, been there done that.

Multiple times. . . . hehehe. . . there's still a lot more for you to discover about life, yourself, and reality.

@Extreme Z7 your avatar nicely blends with your message ?

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

@Jonty When you say you've been contemplating for 14/15 months, have you been contemplating different things over that period or have you just been focusing on a few or 1 topic like What You Are?

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

To OP: did you end suffering? are you in a state of permanent peace?

Welcome to the dark side.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

7 hours ago, NoSelfSelf said:

@Extreme Z7 your avatar nicely blends with your message ?

I'm not as advanced as I seem, though.

Still haven't taken psychedelics. My meditation practice ain't that deep yet. And I haven't even begun to read lots of books because I'm still saving up money for it. I'm still an actualization amateur.

@Hafiz 

It’s hard to actually describe to be honest. I have a summer house in my garden, which is where I go to meditate and do contemplation etc. I have built up a habit of doing same time every day. What happened was that I had been watching one of Leo’s videos just prior to going outside. It was the one about understanding perception. In it at about 14 minutes, Leo starts to do a short guided visualisation of what perception is and the fact that reality is not happening to us, it’s happening to itself. This really resonated with me and I had just kept repeating it over and over to myself once I started my contemplation. I then quietened my mind and just became ultra-conscious of everything around me, what I was experiencing in as many senses as possible and then it just hit me.

The way it actually felt was hard to explain. It made me smile a lot, it made me feel very happy and then it made me laugh out loud. It felt like something just clicks in your mind. The optical illusions that Leo shows in one of his guides to enlightenment is a very good way of explaining it. Its the one with the cube. It’s like everything is exactly the same, but your way of seeing it is completely different. I realised what oneness actually means. It’s funny, because I already knew what it meant, but it’s like you FEEL IT and KNOW IT once you have an awakening experience. It clicks like a maths equation that you have been looking at for months and all of a sudden you understand how to solve it. (x1,000,000!!). Remember the moment when you were a kid before you could ride a bike and you practiced for weeks and then all of a sudden you could ride..... that's what it's like. It just happens.

@Space

It sounds clichéd, but I started at the beginning. I followed all of Leo’s videos, right from the first one which was the introduction to enlightenment. The ones which had most impact on me though were “Reality is a strange loop,” “how your mind distorts reality,” and then the latest 3 that he has done. The one about actuality was a biggie for me. It really started to open my mind.

Also, the exercises that Leo has posted I found very helpful initially, although they took me a little while to get my head around.

At first I was really grasping at anything that I thought might help me. I was looking for answers everywhere. I watched videos, read books and forums, but realised what I was doing was exactly what so many people had advised against, which was not doing the work myself and looking for the "answer" in a book. Trust me now when I say that it won't work like that!

I can’t emphasise just how important this is. I know from experience. I found all of the answers to what reality is written down in a variety of places on the web. However, it’s not enough just to read them. You have to understand them and the only way of doing that is to do the work and go through it yourself. I resorted to actually talking to myself out loud in the end, because it seemed like the only way I could stop my mind from wandering off onto other things and it managed to keep me focused. It was like I was asking myself a question and then answering it. 

The actuality video is a massive help and if I was to do this again from scratch, it’s probably the first video I would go to. Personally I think if you can get your head around the fact most things are concept and imagination then the understanding of reality and oneness isn’t far behind it!

I have probably spent much longer contemplating than an hour a day. It became an obsession with me that I had to know. It was all I have been thinking about for months, so in my car I listened to Actualized.org podcasts, it was the first thing I looked at when I got up in a morning and the last thing I looked at on a night.

Although I haven’t taken them for some 20 years, I have taken quite a large quantity of psychedelics in the past. I’ve probably done 100 trips over the course of my lifetime from mushrooms to LSD and a variety of others. Whether or not that opened up my mind to an extent where an awakening occurred more readily than it might have normally I don’t know, but it must have had some sort of impact. 

I have realised as well that I was over thinking it. It actually isn’t that hard to grasp once you know what you are looking for. That used to annoy me to death when I read that on this forum, but its very true. The thing you are looking for is right there, right now, in front of you. Reality is functioning perfectly, right now, its happening right now as you read this, but it isn’t happening to “you” it’s happening to itself and that is the thing that did it for me. It's not happening to YOU. It's happening to ITSELF and for ITSELF. It's functioning perfectly, without a single glitch, the entire Universe and Cosmos. Try to question why you think that it's actually happening to you and you eventually get to the point of realising just how stupid that is. 

I know that I have so far to go, but I would encourage everyone who has even considered giving up to keep pushing forward. It is possible to do, but you have to dedicate time to it. It had me so fooled!

If my experience is anything to go by, the one thing I would take from this post if I were you would be to get your head around “actuality” and what is concept and imagination. Everything else, certainly for me, fell into place after that.

If there’s anything else you need to ask then feel free to drop me a message and I will try my best to try and explain more.

18 hours ago, Jonty said:

how I couldn’t see it before

18 minutes ago, Jonty said:

It's happening to ITSELF and for ITSELF.

I'm really happy for you.