The Death of Facebook got me surprised

8 posts in this topic

Watch this good video first:

PS 3:00 While social media did lessen the empathy in youth, it also showcased the evil in this world. It was stupid putting up the drowning man clip like without Facebook there wouldn't be evil teens. Almost everyone seems to fall into the pitfall of thinking that by ignorance the problem will go away, but it won't. 

I was surprised to see the human organism reacting so fast to Facebook, truly thought it's gonna take more time. Seems like the human brain doesn't like wrapping it's head around exponential growth and how the speed of human progress accelerates. 

Edited by 111111

@111111 ColdFusion is an amazing resource for information.

Thanks for sharing, i wish this was researched by more people, as I have kept an eye on the interaction between social behavior and social media/technology.

I wish the younger generation could take a step back and self reflect more, but unfortunately how are they going to develop that awareness? 

Simon Sinek is a good mainstream example of someone whose (metaphorically) pounding on the door screaming "THIS A GENERATION OF ADDICTS! HELP THEM OR WE'RE DOOMED AND THEY'RE DOOMED! SOCIAL MEDIA IS EXPLOITING THEIR BIGGEST WEAKNESSES! STOP THIS!"

Remember, the world of attention is a well plotted out and exploited science by business. 

I left Facebook recently, and only kept the messenger function to keep in touch with people I met while oversea. I think the video hits the point. I found that pretty much everything on social media is a "construction" and you are forced to "like" or "comment positively" on their social construction, which fuels their narcissism even more. There is alot of group think/and relationship aggression that can be found on social media.

@Sahil Pandit With smartphones and other computers getting better and cheaper, it also worries me about the youth.

Always glued in those screens ...