GenuinePerspectiveXC

Expert Life Coaches of Actualized.org

9 posts in this topic

So this question is just for those who have had successful careers in life coaching:

What's the difference between you and a novice?

Training, Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice. An investment of money, time, energy and commitment that never ceases, hiring my own coaches, group coaching for own develpment as a coach, feedback purposes and... Serving Serving Serving Serving Serving Serving

Among many other things;)

Edited by Greatnestwithin

The answer is going to be the same even if you take out the part about this being a question specifically about life coaching. 

Have you noticed that all the answers to all these questions are always the same?

Edited by kieranperez

@GenuinePerspectiveXC I am not a coach, but would like to add a comment from a "client" point of view.  I would place more value and trust into a coach that has success in areas of their life other than in life-coaching.  Not to say there can't be exceptions.  For example, I would not entrust my life and career to be influenced by someone who's resume went from high school to life coach.  Just my two cents.

Edited by exhale

8 hours ago, GenuinePerspectiveXC said:

So this question is just for those who have had successful careers in life coaching:

What's the difference between you and a novice?

I just began life-coaching, but I do technically have a successful career (in the business sense) in it because I can now quit my job. I haven't gotten certified yet, and I've only been doing it for two months though. I have also been able to help my clients in real substantial ways despite the fact that I'm very new to it. I'm surprised at how much I have actually been able to help and how many breakthroughs that I've witnessed in just two months of sessions.

But people are mostly interested in my services because they subscribe to my YouTube channel and are interested in my perspective and having me guide them through their issues. 

So, the main value that I provide is not in that I have an amazing life with all the money, success, etc. And then saying, "Look. You can have this too." My life is very modest, which I'm very candid about if the topic comes up. 

So, the thing that really sets me aside is the amount of inner work I've done. So, I know the terrain of the human psyche pretty well because I've personally fallen down a lot of rabbit holes and have had to find ways to climb back out again. And I can guide people into whatever is blocking their goals in ways they may not have considered. I'm also very receptive, non-judgmental, curious, and personable in my approach. And most people come to me for a sense of direction and clarity.

So, I am a novice coach. But the thing that sets me aside from even seasoned coaches is my ability to facilitate paradigm-hopping in my clients to give them new perspectives to consider their issues from.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

The conquest of Pain. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

I am not a successful life coach yet, but I will become one. I'd say theres two main points. 

Embodiment: The way I see it is successful life coaches themselves are always looking to evolve, always clawing and scratching to go to the next level, willing to do the hard work in order to grow in all aspects of their life, they are life long learners. They actually embody the very teaching that they are giving to their clients-the best way to be an amazing coach is for you yourself to go on the very path in which you are requesting your clients to go on or better yet have already been on that path.

Marketing: Without proper marketing you are stale talent. You won't ever get the opportunity to give your gifts to the Universe because no one knows about you. You will fail 100% of time without proper marketing skills, abilities, and knowledge. 

Of course if you want to go meta to encapsulate everything the term "Mastery" comes to mind-being ok with the long game and the beautiful daily grind. Which in of itself is probably the most powerful thing. :D