Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ampresus

Is New Age worth reading about if?

7 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. Yesterday I went to a book store and discovered the genre “Religion and Spirituality”. Next to it was “New Age”. Damn those books are, different? I was there with 2 girls, which one I have an eye on. She saw the genre too and needed to laugh. I didn’t know what to think. 

Right now I am reading about how humans look a lot like their family of apes, masculinity and femininity and want to start with philosophy. I am very young, 14 years old, that’s why I wonder if I should read about New Age stuff. 

Hello young friend. I can't tell you what's right for you, but if i were in your shoes, i wouldn't invest too much into any philosophy, new age or otherwise. What we do here is mostly deconstruction our beliefs.

The broader your perspective the better, read with discernment, if you dont like it throw it in the can or sell it to your local hippie. 

Edit: Wow, youre 14... read as much as you can get your hands on, youre young, nows your time! ;)

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

29 minutes ago, FoxFoxFox said:

Hello young friend. I can't tell you what's right for you, but if i were in your shoes, i wouldn't invest too much into any philosophy, new age or otherwise. What we do here is mostly deconstruction our beliefs.

Leo talks about a lot of other things, not just spirituality. 

@Ampresus  

I recommend focusing on basic human psychology. If you're young, that doesn't mean you should focus on New Age. Stick to the basics while you're young, then move on to more advanced stuff. 

I regret advancing too far too soon, what's the point of me holding so much wisdom if haven't put my financial situation together?! Find where you are on spiral and move on accordingly to what's next, don't just skip your way to stage Yellow or Turquoise.

45 minutes ago, Ampresus said:

She saw the genre too and needed to laugh

Don't let others dictate your choices. LISTEN to others, but DECIDE for yourself.

@Ampresus I reccomend reading New Age books...learn about astrology...aliens...witchcraft...occult...paranormal phenomena...astral projection...all of it is awesome! Very interesting to read and is very good for opening up your kind to new ideas.

CAUTION: Many of these topics can be very deep rabbit holes that many people get lost in. Dont blindly believe everything you read but also dont dismiss "silly" sounding ideas. Be openminded. Read whatever peaks your interest friend!

Ps...chicks dig guys who meditate and make good eye contact...;)

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

On 16-11-2018 at 8:10 AM, FoxFoxFox said:

What we do here is mostly deconstruction our beliefs.

@FoxFoxFox Why isn't someone young allowed to that then?

On 16-11-2018 at 8:14 AM, Rilles said:

Edit: Wow, youre 14... read as much as you can get your hands on, youre young, nows your time! ;)

@Rilles Thanks for the advice :) 

On 16-11-2018 at 8:49 AM, 111111 said:

I recommend focusing on basic human psychology. If you're young, that doesn't mean you should focus on New Age. Stick to the basics while you're young, then move on to more advanced stuff. 

I regret advancing too far too soon, what's the point of me holding so much wisdom if haven't put my financial situation together?! Find where you are on spiral and move on accordingly to what's next, don't just skip your way to stage Yellow or Turquoise.

@111111 I guess you are right. Right now I don't know where I am on the spiral. I feel pretty lost. I dropped my islamic beliefs, but things from Orange don't attract me either. I might just be in Beige or Purple, that's why I think about buying the Spiral Dynamics book. I do know that I have some Green in me.

On 16-11-2018 at 8:49 AM, 111111 said:

Don't let others dictate your choices. LISTEN to others, but DECIDE for yourself.

@111111 I know I know. That is why I didn't know what to think. If I get really interested in New Age I will definitely buy some books about it, but right now I am not sure.

23 hours ago, Adam M said:

I reccomend reading New Age books...learn about astrology...aliens...witchcraft...occult...paranormal phenomena...astral projection...all of it is awesome! Very interesting to read and is very good for opening up your kind to new ideas.

CAUTION: Many of these topics can be very deep rabbit holes that many people get lost in. Dont blindly believe everything you read but also dont dismiss "silly" sounding ideas. Be openminded. Read whatever peaks your interest friend!

@Adam M Even in this genre open-mindedness is highly needed apparently.... thanks for the advice :) 

23 hours ago, Adam M said:

Ps...chicks dig guys who meditate and make good eye contact...;)

@Adam M The girl invited herself to come with me. Later on she invited her girlfriend and was relieved when I said ''Yes she can come''. I think she is still shy, but what you are saying is definitely true. 

Read whatever you are most attracted to at any given moment. You lead yourself there for a reason. You may not see it yet but eventually it all makes sense. Have fun, Life is a Joyful unfolding :) Trust and go with the flow

There are no good or bad/right or wrong, new or old age, its all there perfect and meaningless just the way it is.

B R E A T H E