Zeldor

Wanting perceptions

6 posts in this topic

If all of perception is negative space, that means wanting any perceptual thing is wanting to be less than what you already are.

So people who want material things are wanting to be less than they are.

Does this also apply to happiness?

Does wanting happiness equate to wanting less than what you are?

If you're really what you are,you will not want,meaning.. need, what you don't already have.

@Zeldor Read basic human psychology. 

There is a certain point when getting richer won't add up to your happiness.

5 hours ago, Zeldor said:

Does wanting happiness equate to wanting less than what you are?

You are everything, that includes the brain which read this right now. Why would you be everything except your ego? Your ego is part of infinity too)))

@111111 I'm actually taking AP Psych right now, lol. I never stipulated that there was a positive correlation between happiness and material wealth(:

But I'm usually of the mind set that happiness is what you should be aiming for, not success. But both material wealth and happiness are perceptions, so they must both be negative space, right?

Also, isn't the only reason the illusion of ego exists, is because your excluding everything you aren't?

Edited by Zeldor

Aren't concepts a perception of something unknown (that would be the essence known as nothing)?

@i am I AM Are you just saying that concepts are perceptions too? I would agree, but why is that prevalent to the discussion?

Just to avoid confusion, I'm not saying success is better than happiness. Just that I don't think happiness is what you should search for in the end.

Edited by Zeldor