Joshe

Signs from God?

35 posts in this topic

@Joshe Thank you so much! Free movies aren't always easy to come by. 

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love" 

@Joshe @VioletFlame

Goddamnit! It's not available in the UK. Guess I'll take that as a sign from God ^_^ 

I have bought the book on Kindle however, but I immediately didn't like the writing style...

Has anyone here ever seen Waking Life? If not, I highly recommend it to any person who is interested in metaphysics and consciousness!

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love" 

1 minute ago, VioletFlame said:

Has anyone here ever seen Waking Life? If not, I highly recommend it to any person who is interested in metaphysics and consciousness!

Great film. I'll watch that again instead. :) 

@Joshe yo, make sure and read my reply here (I think your more on the ball than you realise)...

What's up mate. So yeah, I was raised Christian and (because I tend to always question everything) I obviously questioned Christianity and everything with it, quite a lot. I mean, if these Christians are right...and there is a thing called "god", and if he is as big as they say he is...then I should definitely start studying this "god". And so I did. But the way I think about things, I have a tendancy to get to the bottom of them quickly, but god was different. It felt different every time. 

I was struggling to make progress, and I started to "let god lead me." The nondual understanding of "God" is that he is just everything (you'll need to find that yourself though, through meditation.)

But I actually found a way in which me and "god" could communicate. It felt really fuzzy at the start...unsure, like trying to send codes to eachother, hidden in larger messages.

I got better and better at recognising when I was getting a hidden message from "him" (I don't actually know what god really is yet either btw). You can actually summon these messages when you get good at it. Actually the only reason I'm here right now is because of one of these hidden messages. I was watching this bald guy on utube one time, talking about some deep shit (which I always love), and boom...got a little note in through my subconscious right then. When I feel the nudge I have to let it manifest into words so I can understand it. The message behind it was "dig here" as if it was telling me where there was treasure buried under the ground. The bald guy on utube was leo. 

So I had learned to always obey God in church, so I did. Then BOOM. I'm on my way to oneness with god. 

One important point to make is that god is not what you think he is...because what you think he is, is a thought...god is not a thought. So feel free to let go of everything you know about God and just operate at the bare minimum knowledge you can work with...and listen for his messages lol. :)

But yeah, I shit you not...whether it was my subconscious, or I don't know what the fuck it was...I got a clear little small message telling me to stick with leo. I kind of thought, "how the fuck does this guy have deeper spiritual insights than my Christian teachers."

But yo ****check this out, you are in what I call the "sweet spot." This is important.

It's hard for me to explain, but this is like...a superpower for spiritual work. People usually have to get into lucid dreaming, psychoanalysis, and deep meditative states to hear god like this. 

But see if you apply these messages to meditation. It's like, you skip over so many of the common problems in meditation. I've heard about people getting stuck on ONE PROBLEM for 10 YEARS. And I'm over here skipping over 5 problems a week. When I say "problem" I'm talking about the little traps your mind creates. False truths and dead end avenues. Get good at deciphering the codes, and recognising when there is one of these hidden codes laced in your conscience thoughts (and dreams). 

Something that might encourage you, is something that encouraged me...this god has shown me the profundity that awaits those who continue and become enlightened. I can't even begin to describe how worth it, it is. God wants to help you...let him

Oh and see if you do breath meditation and just sort of..."let go" of trying to hear the messages from god...they all of a sudden rise up and you'll have them again. Bringing yourself to complete and utter physical and *mental* stillness/absence...removes the requirement for the messages to be hidden. But don't grab onto them. Only watch them, (I take small mental notes when I see them...small enough that they don't interrupt the message itself.) Then when I come out of meditation I know what I'm doing wrong. 

Check it out:

1 John 2:20 "But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things."

- you have an 'unction' from the Holy One (God).

- you know all things.

1 Corinthians 2:16 "For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? *But we have the mind of Christ*."

You have Jesus' mind. 

Side note:

(1 Corinthians 12:27 says "Now you are the body of Jesus Christ." So your mind is Jesus and your body is Jesus...1 john 4:17 says "In this world we are as Jesus." Ask yourself, with these verses in mind, "what part of me *isint* Jesus?"

*Hint* hint* hint *hint* hint*...)

Edited by Aaron p

@Nahm - Do you have experience with things like this? Do you think these things are all hogwash, pure coincidence,  or fictions created by the mind?

I definitely see religious/spiritual seekers creating fictions which they want to be signs, but I'm not a seeker and I'm very skeptical and aware of self-deception. I question pretty much everything and am willing to let anything that's not truth go.

So, I just wanted to say that I have no hope for these things to be "signs", but knowing that God is intelligent and that these coincidences are so fuckin crazy, it seems possible. To me, these insane coincidences almost feel like a nudge to get to work on spirituality. 

29 minutes ago, Joshe said:

@Nahm - Do you have experience with things like this? Do you think these things are all hogwash, pure coincidence,  or fictions created by the mind?

Great question! Yes and no. It’s a question of depth of knowing Self. What is not fiction created by mind given there’s no mind?  Enjoy the puzzle pieces though! 

I definitely see religious/spiritual seekers creating fictions which they want to be signs, but I'm not a seeker and I'm very skeptical and aware of self-deception. I question pretty much everything and am willing to let anything that's not truth go.

You’re a seeker, who ya kiddin here? “Skeptical & aware of self deception” is seeking. “Seeker” is a wise thing to be imo. We’re all seekers, even those of us who aren’t.  The thing is, there’s no objective reality in that sense, everyone is literally The One. There’s no “stuff” “inbetween”, and there’s no bottom or end to infinite. Yup. ?

So, I just wanted to say that I have no hope for these things to be "signs", but knowing that God is intelligent and that these coincidences are so fuckin crazy, it seems possible. To me, these insane coincidences almost feel like a nudge to get to work on spirituality. 

It doesn’t even make sense to try to communicate what is beyond synchronicity, coincidences. You’ll see. I feel that.          YES YES YES get to work on spirituality!!! Listen to Leo, ‘I’ can say that unflinchingly. He’s a tour guide for God.  Maybe that’s just me though. 

Recently during another Reiki attunement, I had a (not sure what to call it) inner-mind-yet-real-psychedelic-though-I-wasn’t-tripping-vision of multicolor lotus flowers blooming from the center of my body out through it and then going outward infinitely. Nothing is known anymore, but, Yes, Yes, Yes - get to work on spirituality!     (Is that even sensible / believable? That Reiki attunements are an actual thing? Lol! Ya know?!)

It’s puzzle pieces for a while, until you see the whole puzzle. But at that point there’s no seeing. God isn’t intelligent, God is intelligence. It’s your toaster. Your pinky toe! Your hand! Lol. Reality sure does seem consistent / objective. Perfect in it’s apparent imperfection. Unreal man.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@EvilAngel Sweeet! :)

@Nahm Awesome answers. I especially like "God isn't intelligent but God is intelligence." Although I know there's no big man in the sky, the way I was framing it seemed as if a being possessed intelligence and if that was the case me and the being are two separate things, which is a duality, so that perspective would have to be undone to realize non-duality. 

Ok, Ok, yes, I'm a seeker. lol. I should have said I'm not a hardcore seeker. But maybe that's a lie too.  :) 

Thank you very much!