Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ampresus

If live is a dream, has awakening anything to do with non-duality?

4 posts in this topic

I think the title says enough. I am new to all of this so this might be a stupid question. I heard Leo talk about how life is a dream and you can awaken. I wondered if non-duality had anything to do with this. 

Another question: Is non-duality still a thing after awakening?

@Ampresus non-duality implies/means that life is a dream.

Non-duality = not two

When you are dreaming at night. All of that dream which you are having, can that be thought of as a singular object/experience?

That's what non-duality is... Or life being a dream. It's taking that analogy but applying it to the whole of reality

Then you may wonder, where is the dreamer?

YOU ARE THE DREAMER. You exist outside of the dream, but are also the dream.

Just like the sleeping you on your bed at night exists outside of your dream at night.

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

2 hours ago, Ampresus said:

I think the title says enough. I am new to all of this so this might be a stupid question. I heard Leo talk about how life is a dream and you can awaken. I wondered if non-duality had anything to do with this. 

Another question: Is non-duality still a thing after awakening?

Life is a dream from the point of awakened being.As you probably like 99 of people see yourself as an ego or separate entity apart from the world that dream is and feels very real to you.Like ordinary dream when you sleep feels very real until you awaken.Waking up from the dream of life means seeing through the illusion of the ego and seeing your true nature(Consciousness,Self). Ego is seen as unreal and life lived from its point of view seems now like a dream.

Full awakening should be collapse of all duality including the duality of duality and non duality.

2 hours ago, SoonHei said:

@Ampresus non-duality implies/means that life is a dream.

Non-duality = not two

When you are dreaming at night. All of that dream which you are having, can that be thought of as a singular object/experience?

That's what non-duality is... Or life being a dream. It's taking that analogy but applying it to the whole of reality

Then you may wonder, where is the dreamer?

YOU ARE THE DREAMER. You exist outside of the dream, but are also the dream.

Just like the sleeping you on your bed at night exists outside of your dream at night.

Except there is no external sleeper right ?

From what I understood, it's like being permanently lucid dreaming, except there is no part when you can wake up in a higher "reality", because all dreams ARE reality (as in it's all there is, dreams).

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them