berry

Chakra yoga experience: my first results

7 posts in this topic

Hi all! Been a follower of Leo for soooo long and it's my first time posting here.

I will share my first experience (and results!!) when it comes to working with chakras. I can't really assess if this will sound like newbie results to most of you (in which case, so be it!) but I hope to provide input to some. Advices are very welcome!

If there are already discussions about this, please let me know (haven't found them myself).

I signed up for a 2-day workshop called on "Voice and Chakra Yoga" (I spotted that we were talking about "real" yoga here and not gym-yoga).
The lady leading the workshop had studied shamanism and plant medicine, so I decided to trust the whole thing and give it a go.

We did maaany different activities, including: chanting mantras, singing, diaphragm breathing, moving our body on music (not really dancing but rather body expression, one music for each chakra) and with sound (!), theatrical improvisation (where we were encouraged to express strong emotions), talking about what we accept/don't accept in ourselves/others (the point was to show us that perception=mirror), games for children, colouring, a cacao ceremony (the spicy & thick cacao beverage), two drumming sessions, and making us smell/infuse ourself with the smoke of some incense stick (didn't really get it).

Before this workshop: I was living with mild (but somewhat persistent) depression, hard to relate/connect with others, and just general lack of joy. Also, a lot of tensions in my neck, shoulders, back (I guess repressed stress or anxiety).

After the workshop, I had the following immediate symptoms for two days straight:
1- Strong migraine (never happened to me)
2- Waking up randomly at night (never happens to me, I sleep like a baby no matter what)
3- Super tired and sleepy, had to take several naps a day

Now we are at 3-4 days after the workshop, and I see the following:
1- My mood has radically change. I am no longer anxious or depressed. I feel really light and happy as if a burden has been removed.
2- The tensions in my back and neck are completely gone. No amount of stretching has been able to do that for me.
3- I have the sensation of being elevated, and I am able to relax super duper easily
4- And now something a little weird to me: I have physical sensation that my head is being pulled upward. Especially when I'm relaxed or when I sit and meditate, my head and my body make spontaneous movements (if I surrender to it), like swaying in all directions. Since I relax super fast now, I also medidate much deeper than usual for the same amount of time. This is super new to be as I've only be meditating for a few months and currently doing 30 min a day, so I don't yet go into mega deep states.

Apart for point 4), what blows my mind is how radically and quickly the change has happened. I am used to doing more traditional self help stuff and they do work but they haven't provided overnight changes for me so far. Not like this one.

I have searched a little bit, and what I have experienced sound a little like what they describe when talking about crown chakra opening and rising kundalini. My body movements are definitely "snake-like", but I don't want to jump on conclusions. My guess is that a rising kundalini would be much more dramatic than that?

I do need to research more, I will start by reading two specific books on Leo's list. But if you are familiar with this, please share!

Anyways, this is really exciting to me. Seeing results, as small as they may be, is encouraging for staying on track. I'd like to thank Leo (without which this would have never happened) and all of you in advance!

Cheers

@berry Welcome to the forum berry! Mind that it's a harsh place, where bs and click-baits prevail! But you can find bits of gold in piles of bs)))

Thanks for reporting this to us, well-structured feedback! 

I haven't given Yoga enough experimenting, but your results add up to changing my mind on Yoga.

18 hours ago, berry said:

We did maaany different activities, including:

1: chanting mantras, singing, diaphragm breathing, moving our body on music (not really dancing but rather body expression, one music for each chakra) and with sound (!), theatrical improvisation (where we were encouraged to express strong emotions), talking about what we accept/don't accept in ourselves/others (the point was to show us that perception=mirror), games for children, colouring,

2:a cacao ceremony (the spicy & thick cacao beverage), two drumming sessions, and making us smell/infuse ourself with the smoke of some incense stick (didn't really get it).

Sounds like an energy transmission session. The 1: is setting the right positive internal environment to receive the transmission.
2: The transmission

cacao ceremony (the spicy & thick cacao beverage), two drumming sessions, and making us smell/infuse ourself with the smoke of some incense stick (didn't really get it).

You got it or rather received it. Ceremony is the key word here.

Edited by who chit

Sounds like a kundalini awakening, few month back i experience 7 chakra full blown kundalini awakening, and ever since that dat i got that head moving too, it's because it follow the movement of prana and syncronized.

If u wish to know more about kundalini kindly dm me, we will discuss about it.

Nice, keep grounding yourself, that is the only you raise the vibration. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Thanks everyone for the kind words and the feedback :)

@Avidya it was a workshop provided by a local yoga teacher here in my hometown. Very low-key, we were about 10. Very intensive, we did 4 hours the first day and 8 hours the second day - of all the activities I described.

She barely explained theory about chakras because she said she didn't want to fill our head with concepts.