Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tsuki

What am I?

713 posts in this topic

I've been officially declared a non-addict by my wife for completing the 7-day challenge.
I can now return to wasting my time here on my own leisure.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

As I'm re-watching Harry Potter movies, I became interested in chaos magic again.
The movies are just a little more than nostalgia trip with occasional symbolic craziness, but Liber Null is another thing altogether.
This book is incarnated madness. I love it. I'll be starting a new journal soon.

Edited by tsuki

Consider laughter: it is the highest emotion, for it can contain any of the others from ecstacy to grief. It has no opposite. Crying is merely an underdeveloped form of it which cleanses the eyes and summons assistance to infants. Laughter is the only tenable attitude in a universe which is a joke played upon itself. The trick is to see that joke played out even in the neutral and ghastly events which surround one. It is not for us to question the universe's apparent lack of taste. Seek the emotion of laughter at what delights and amuses, seek it in whatever is neutral or meaningless, seek it even in what is horrific and revolting. Though it may be forced at first, one can learn to smile inwardly at all things.

Carroll, Peter  J.. Liber Null & Psychonaut: An Introduction to Chaos Magic (p. 17). Red Wheel Weiser. Kindle Edition. 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

do you laugh about the absurdity of life? or about how predictable all of this was?

There is no difference between the two if all you have is laughter.

Edited by tsuki
? -> .

13 minutes ago, tsuki said:

There is no difference between the two if all you have is laughter.

there is a difference in the tune of the laughter.

2 minutes ago, now is forever said:

there is a difference in the tune of the laughter.

The beauty lies in the eye of the (sometimes offended) beholder.

Edited by tsuki

Just now, tsuki said:

The beauty lies in the eye of the (sometimes offended) beholder.

who’s offended?

3 minutes ago, now is forever said:

who’s offended?

My painbody is gonna enjoy it. Go on.

Just now, tsuki said:

My painbody is gonna enjoy it. Go on.

no i won’t, don’t suffer too much!

Each of the major human philosophies attempts to answer a particular question about existence. Science asks “how” and discovers chains of causality. Religion asks “why” and invents theological answers. Art asks “which” and comes up with the principles of aesthetics. The question that magic seeks to answer is “what,” and it is thus an examination of the nature of being. If we proceed straight to the heart of the matter and ask of magic what is the nature of consciousness and the universe and everything, we get this answer: they are spontaneous, magical, and chaotic phenomena. The force which initiates and moves the universe, and the force which lies at the center of consciousness, is whimsical and arbitrary, creating and destroying for no purpose beyond amusing Itself. There is nothing spiritual or moralistic about Chaos and Kia. We live in a universe where nothing is true, although some information may be useful for relative purposes. It is for us to decide what we wish to consider meaningful or good or amusing. The universe amuses itself constantly and invites us to do the same. I personally applaud the universe for being the stupendous practical joke that it is. If there were a purpose to life, the universe, and everything, it would be far less amusing. We could only go sheepishly along with it or fight an heroic but futile battle against it. As it is, we are free to grasp whatever freedoms are available and do whatever we fancy with them. It may be that theology and even metaphysics are just bad lyric poetry, but here goes anyway:

Chaos—the word must be spoken though only the untruth of it shall be known.
The blasphemy of it shall be our liberation.
Change is the only constant phenomenon.
Oh let me worship the randomness of things,
  for all that I have ever loved has come forth
  from it and will be taken away by it. Chance!
Hail also unto apparent order, for it increaseth
  the possibilities of chaos.
There can be no absolute truth in a universe of
  relativities.
All things are arbitrary, some things have
  relative truth for a time.
Life being accidental we are free to give it any point we like.
I do not find it necessary to account for my actions
  even unto myself I require no justification.
That I do it, is sufficient in itself.
Life is its own answer, my spirituality is the way
  I live it.
I will believe whatever brings me joy, power, and ecstacy.
Understanding cannot understand itself.
Perception cannot perceive itself
Will cannot unwill itself.
The Secret of the Universe IS the
  Secret of the Universe, known to me in the silences
  and in the storms.

Carroll, Peter  J.. Liber Null & Psychonaut: An Introduction to Chaos Magic (pp. 153-155). Red Wheel Weiser. Kindle Edition. 

What am I?

HAHAHAHAHAHA :x
My god I must have written that book!

Edited by tsuki

14 hours ago, tsuki said:

What am I?

HAHAHAHAHAHA :x
My god I must have written that book!

get out of it! the book has no memory of you - it came out of itself.