Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tsuki

What am I?

713 posts in this topic

@mandyjw No, when you feel positive ones, you feel positive ones.
When you feel 'negative' ones, then you feel the 'negative' ones.

I'm putting negative in quotation marks because positive emotions vs negative emotions are a duality that can be overcome.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@tsuki Ok, what do I need to do?

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@mandyjw When you feel like you're out of the vortex, experiencing 'negative emotions' become curious about how they actually feel.
Don't let these feelings get into your head and narrate stories, but focus on your body and experience them as they arise.
Negative vs positive is entirely dependent on the content of the story that the mind is producing during the occurrence of these emotions.

Try to see if you can tell the difference between, lets say - anger and sexual arousal if you don't think up words when you experience them.
They are all sensations of the body - some are more intensive and some are less intensive. They have little to do with the vortex.
Notice that what 'I did to you' was mostly dependent on 'negative' emotions released while hunting horcruxes.
These feelings were overcome by cutting the supremacy of thoughts by seeing them through the lens of now.

The vortex can be sustained by treating your body as a vessel for these emotions. Locking them inside, observing them, without expression. In doing so you retain the energy and keep the flow going.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

I've done that, I can do it. I'm just... not 100% sure we're always meant to do it. I don't believe that it's a "should."

What do you think, should someone who is enlightened not get sexually aroused? Honestly, I don't know the answer

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

I don't think that emotions are something we do or something that is done to us by others.
They are more like a by-product of a situation. People mix with each other and with circumstances and it results in various kinds of energies.
These energies are then transformed and expressed through us as arousal or fear for example. When we let those feelings to get to the mind, we become reactive. I think that personality is what decides how energies are expressed.

Frankly, the more I let myself be a vessel for transformation of energy, the more easily I get aroused if the opportunity presents itself 9_9.

Hmm... seems to good  to be true. You can have your cake and eat it too?

Why don't you try? It's not about suppressing emotions, but about being indiscriminately curious about them.
The other part is about not letting ourselves be ruled by passions but letting out only what spills past the boiling point.
That sounds like wisdom to me.

I can only do that from the vortex. The vortex is me. I don't do it. My life is not my own. I'm here to do God's will. Not my will.

Alright.
I hope you still have fun when god's not around and you fell out of the vortex.
Is there free will then?

Edited by tsuki

@tsuki Out of the vortex, there is. In the vortex, no. 

Wow this is a good discussion. @mandyjwdoes the Hicks actually talk about going into the vortex and leaving it? I guess it does, the thoughts of resistance huh? 

So I guess you can only think you’ve left the vortex when in actuality you can’t leave yourself. I’ve been experimenting with flow state for a long time and it’s been hitting me recently we create our own limitations and it’s really the only illusion of having left the vortex. 

Awesome tsuki you the man! 

1 minute ago, DrewNows said:

Wow this is a good discussion. @mandyjwdoes the Hicks actually talk about going into the vortex and leaving it? I guess it does, the thoughts of resistance huh? 

So I guess you can only think you’ve left the vortex when in actuality you can’t leave yourself. I’ve been experimenting with flow state for a long time and it’s been hitting me recently we create our own limitations and it’s really the only illusion of having left the vortex. 

You've got it all right. She talks more about "paying attention to how you feel", rather than in terms of leaving the vortex I think. 

Except that Tsuki could be the man if he didn't think Abraham Hicks was some dumb woman trying to make money by selling people lies about how they can live a happy life. 

@mandyjwHahaha tsuki speaking truth there, relatively, as for most people, they are lies because they use it to continue to delude themselves by giving the power away, continuously looking outside of themselves when clarity always comes from within 

but it just depends how it’s perceived

1 minute ago, DrewNows said:

@mandyjwHahaha tsuki speaking truth there, relatively, as for most people, they are lies because they use it to continue to delude themselves by giving the power away, continuously looking outside of themselves when clarity always comes from within 

but it just depends how it’s perceived

Yes, she's a trickster. She seduces you into thinking that you're going to get sex, money and fame in the future and when you fully embrace the desire of those things, in a way that really feels like you actually have them NOW... then you realize that all you ever wanted was that feeling. And that feeling is the vortex, presence, enlightenment, love, God. It's timeless. Your future desires melt away into a present moment feeling of bliss. 

5 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Yes, she's a trickster. She seduces you into thinking that you're going to get sex, money and fame in the future and when you fully embrace the desire of those things, in a way that really feels like you actually have them NOW... then you realize that all you ever wanted was that feeling. And that feeling is the vortex, presence, enlightenment, love, God. It's timeless. Your future desires melt away into a present moment feeling of bliss. 

well said! Everyone who comes to her doesn't really know what they want because they don't understand themselves and so there's the market. She's a freakin genius xD

Just now, DrewNows said:

well said! Everyone who comes to her doesn't really know what they want because they don't understand themselves and so there's the market. She's a freakin genius xD

She is! Who said enlightenment couldn't be fun? 

I am thankful for my hours and hours and hours of Eckhart Tolle before discovering her but my mind was too closed to listen to her then anyway. Materialistic stuff always made me sick. 

Ironically I had a really big desire to move away and I tried to force it into happening. But I couldn't. That offset a spiral of events that made me realize that I'm here, like physically here, for a very good reason. 

Also Tsuki, thanks for that too. Sorryiforgottogiveyoucreditthereasecondsorry. 

9 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

She is! Who said enlightenment couldn't be fun? 

I am thankful for my hours and hours and hours of Eckhart Tolle before discovering her but my mind was too closed to listen to her then anyway. Materialistic stuff always made me sick. 

Ironically I had a really big desire to move away and I tried to force it into happening. But I couldn't. That offset a spiral of events that made me realize that I'm here, like physically here, for a very good reason. 

Also Tsuki, thanks for that too. Sorryiforgottogiveyoucreditthereasecondsorry. 

hehehe. It's all so beautiful isn't it? Everything plays it's part and it could not have been any other way. Tolle started me off on my spiritual journey as well, well sort of (alan watts was fun to try to figure out) as it lead to an awakening, but yeah after that I ran into Leo's work and it wasn't so easy to take it very seriously. Hicks came much later thanks to Nahm and well also Teal Swan. love/hate for them all and this community 

8 hours ago, DrewNows said:

Hey man, I'm glad you came by! Awesome!

8 hours ago, mandyjw said:

Except that Tsuki could be the man if he didn't think Abraham Hicks was some dumb woman trying to make money by selling people lies about how they can live a happy life. 

I think that Hicks is not a dumb woman at all. I don't think that she's lying either.
I just never found a way to connect her teachings with my everyday experience until you told me what the vortex is.

If I understand the vortex correctly, then there is no way to leave it.
Free will is an illusion and as such - it does not exist and has never existed.
It's a mistaken belief. To try to get into the vortex is a mistake.

It's like you imagined yourself to be a parrot your whole life and now you learned that you can be a human.
When you notice that you're flapping your hands you decide that you are leaving your human nature somehow.
You were never a parrot to begin with - you were a human that behaved like one.
You were still yourself though. Your confused self. There is no way to not be yourself.

Edited by tsuki

Also, my wife points out that free will is a terribly Christian idea related to sin and personal responsibility.

You are right. Free will is the knowledge of good and evil, the original curse that eating of the apple signified in the garden of Eden. Having free will is to suffer. Surrender doesn't seem like a prison though, it feels like freedom. It feels like the freedom to be one's true self. Freedom means to question one's true self constantly.

I believe that personality remains after enlightenment. I need to be more aware of my tendency to assume that everything should happen for everyone else the same way it happened for me. I recognize that I'm still too caught up in my own impatience.