Anirban657

How do I know if I can perceive?

11 posts in this topic

How do I know if perception exists?

Is it just information that is transmitted to my consciousness or is it real? 

Please comment and thank you!!

"Becoming 'awake' involves seeing our own confusion more clearly"-Rumi

Well, you can look into the maya or perception, you can take that ride, and eventually the abyss will look back, but it is much easier and more direct to go to the I which is believed to exist & perceive. And that will ultimately need to be done anyways. Unless you’re homeless, broke down, and would rather just simply die. I hear that works too. (Tolle, Katie, etc)

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Look into your experience and see if you can find this "I" who knows stuff. Can you find it anywhere? Can you point at any part of your body for example and say that it is the "I"? If you answered yes, ask who is it that is aware of this thing then?

2 hours ago, Anirban657 said:

your questions which appear strange in the context of conventional "every-day life" evoke the following question:

what meaning does the expression "I know" have for you? i.e. when would you feel entitled to say "I know {this or that}"?

what meaning do the expressions "exist" and "existence" have for?

Asking "is it real?" evokes the question: what meaning do the expressions "real" and "reality" have for?

The funny thing is that your questions are based on the hypotheses that "existence" and "reality" are more than mere baseless ideas. But how can you "know" ?

Please do not pay attention to my empty words if you are following Leo's teaching !!
Sometimes my empty words may appear too negative, too rational, too irrational, egoistical or even like trolling because my path is a non-path and is nothing but deviation and incompatible with all teachings known.

@Nahm Does that mean perception is not real? When I look around I can see, when I touch something I can feel, then I listen I can hear. So how can perception be an illusion? I am confused.

19 hours ago, Anirban657 said:

Well, go on do Self-Inquiry and answer those questions! Don't expect to wipe out shit with another pile of shit.

1 hour ago, Anirban657 said:

... So how can perception be an illusion?

"Perception" is common parlance and as such it isn't an illusion but a conventional linguistic expression valid in certain contexts. In spiritual traditions the term "illusion" in the context of perception is applied for phenomena perceived since they are said to appear in a way which does not corrrespond to their ultimate mode of existence.

Please do not pay attention to my empty words if you are following Leo's teaching !!
Sometimes my empty words may appear too negative, too rational, too irrational, egoistical or even like trolling because my path is a non-path and is nothing but deviation and incompatible with all teachings known.

5 hours ago, Anirban657 said:

@Nahm Does that mean perception is not real? When I look around I can see, when I touch something I can feel, then I listen I can hear. So how can perception be an illusion? I am confused.

The illusion is that there is a you which is a separate thing, perceiving objects. In actuality, there is just consciousness. The suffering of this “illusion” is that this “separate you” is existing / living / alive, and will cease to exist.  Consciousness is indeed so real, it is taken at face value to be material. 

All there is, is consciousness, and consciousness is ‘real’ (but real is real only if we think there is unreal).  There is one “thing” and it is consciousness. There are not two things, wether that’s a perceiver and an object perceived, or any other two things, such as a “you” and a earth or universe or reality. 

So there is also no illusion. Is there perception in a dream? There would have to be yet another you, and objects, in that dream. What is real, is ‘dream fabric’, or any other nonsense word, until it is all you, vs this idea of a ‘you’ which was ever separate.

If you apply a word such as real, or consciousness, it’s wrong. And applying the word wrong, is not right. And saying it’s not right, is incorrect. And applying a word such as incorrect, isn’t accurate. etc. Etc. See that you are it, so a word applied is divided in thought, and can not be it. And now the word it must go. And now the notion that something must go, must go. Etc. It's just You, but now who said you, there is no thing which is not you to make the reference, there’s no reference because there are not two. Etc. Mindf’n loopy loop. But there’s no loop either, and unequivocally no mind, but me as the sayer of these things also must go. And so, silence.

There’s never been a thing to figure out, because there’s never been a thing.  Think less, love more.  Paradoxically, the more it’s all a dream, the more awoke. 

But there are no paradoxes.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm Beautiful. Thank you ?

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@Nahm Wow that's is mind-blowing. Thank you!!