kieranperez

A masters response to the bullshit “it’s all an illusion. Stop seeking”

46 posts in this topic

This Ralston dude seems to be pointing to the   I Am’ness. 

Seems the conditioned response of self projects it’s fixed nature right from the start of the enquiry. 

This self movement is its resistance/attachment/identification. 

So there is identification with the content/experience....The I AM_the experience/content, what ever that may be at the moment. 

The pointing is to the I AM’ness. But it’s implicit as the self to project it’s static fixed content and experience as the “me”. 

To let the experience/content flower and die seems to express this as well. 

Edited by Jack River

5 hours ago, molosku said:

@Arkandeus

OH I thought you meant it sarcasticly when you said "This dude is perfect for intellectual types that get lost in concepts and theorems"  so my "opposite" was actually what turned out to be your line of thinking also. What a plot twist, we were agreeing all along  O-O

Celebration!

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

First time watching him. Certainly an uncommon teaching style. I admit that my first reaction was thinking that he sounds gruff, coarse and egoic. Not saying that I think it's true, but that's my first reaction.

I gotta say, the point he is trying to make is incredibly valuable. It took me a year to finally be able to realize that a spiritual ego is still an ego. 

3 hours ago, PsiloPutty said:

First time watching him. Certainly an uncommon teaching style. I admit that my first reaction was thinking that he sounds gruff, coarse and egoic. Not saying that I think it's true, but that's my first reaction.

How is he egoic ?

Does his humor offended you ? ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

10 minutes ago, Shin said:

How is he egoic ?

Does his humor offended you ? ?

Naw man, it takes a lot to offend me. Like I said, that was just my initial thought/judgement. I dunno, egoic like I could picture him sitting drunk on a barstool, cursing and harrassin' people.  xD  It's probably his voice and mannerisms, I don't know.

4 hours ago, PsiloPutty said:

All your fantasies and ideas of how an enlightened person acts, talks, behaves is all bullshit. Ralston is authentic and very direct. 

1 hour ago, PsiloPutty said:

Naw man, it takes a lot to offend me. Like I said, that was just my initial thought/judgement. I dunno, egoic like I could picture him sitting drunk on a barstool, cursing and harrassin' people.  xD  It's probably his voice and mannerisms, I don't know.

These are all projections and all bullshit.

a. Enlightenment, WAY more often than not, doesn’t change you. Understanding the Truth is a different endeavor than change. You can be extremely enlightened and still steal and murder people. 

b. Authenticity doesn’t need to conform to norms and common parlance. Ralston is so authentic and direct people overlook him. People want mystical shmystical stories of energies and shiva and deities.

Ralston cuts through the stories (not to say they don’t have legitimacy) and goes straight to the matter and doesn’t play games. 

I really didn't mean to stir things up. The guy has a very unusual style is all.  :)

1 hour ago, PsiloPutty said:

I really didn't mean to stir things up. The guy has a very unusual style is all.  :)

You didn't stir anything up nor am I offended. I'm just calling it directly for what it is. You don't have to be "stirred up" to simply call out fantasy and delusion. All because someone is direct with you and doesn't pussyfoot around the matter, doesn't mean they're pissed or have their panties in a twist. 

I've heard of certain zen disciplines where the master will do different things at random times to "shock" you into realization. Plus the whole, whacking the head with a stick thing, when you think you've got it.

Sounds like bootcamp,lol.

GBDiL87.gif?noredirect

Edited by who chit

34 minutes ago, kieranperez said:

You didn't stir anything up nor am I offended. I'm just calling it directly for what it is. You don't have to be "stirred up" to simply call out fantasy and delusion. All because someone is direct with you and doesn't pussyfoot around the matter, doesn't mean they're pissed or have their panties in a twist. 

Understood. I regret posting it in the first place. Just because he isn't my style of teacher doesn't mean I need to verbalize it, especially in a thread where people think highly of him. Doing something like that is obviously going to create discord, and that's the opposite of what I'm about.  I know better than to say negative things about someone I don't even know. I apologize.

8 minutes ago, PsiloPutty said:

Understood. I regret posting it in the first place. Just because he isn't my style of teacher doesn't mean I need to verbalize it, especially in a thread where people think highly of him. Doing something like that is obviously going to create discord, and that's the opposite of what I'm about.  I know better than to say negative things about someone I don't even know. I apologize.

You’re good man

@PsiloPutty  wasn’t so bad what you said anyhow. No worries mate:D

such verbal transactions can be used to self reflect. 

Edited by Jack River

42 minutes ago, who chit said:

I've heard of certain zen disciplines where the master will do different things at random times to "shock" you into realization. Plus the whole, whacking the head with a stick thing, when you think you've got it.

GBDiL87.gif?noredirect

9_9

Edited by Jack River

54 minutes ago, who chit said:

GBDiL87.gif?noredirect

The master needs to be warry of Fisk though xD 

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@kieranperez this reminds of people who say "you don't need to do any consciousness work just become enlightened right now, you already are it". And whilst it might be technically true, untill a solid commitment is made to raising your consciousness you're gonna stay being miserable. At least that's my experience. Buddha and prophets in the bible/quran had the commitment to go off in solitude to meditate for long periods of time. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

19 minutes ago, lmfao said:

@kieranperez this reminds of people who say "you don't need to do any consciousness work just become enlightened right now, you already are it". And whilst it might be technically true, untill a solid commitment is made to raising your consciousness you're gonna stay being miserable. At least that's my experience. Buddha and prophets in the bible/quran had the commitment to go off in solitude to meditate for long periods of time. 

Neo Advaita is toxic and should be avoided at all costs.

"You are God,now go and teach others."
tenor.gif?itemid=4756912

30 minutes ago, lmfao said:

People who say that are still ignorant regardless of their beliefs of the Truth. I can say “I’m god and everything is god,” but if I haven’t experienced that, I’m just as much a gullible sheep like everybody else. It’s just a belief and all mental models are false. All beliefs are false. Those people who talk a bunch of shit, I bet you never actually pursued this thing hardcore like the people who embody these truths. The Buddha never stopped. Stories of Christ and Muhammad never stopped.