Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rilles

If Nobody Is Choosing Their Thoughts...

39 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If I was blaming people for blaming people, yes. That of course would be delusional.

But just to call delusion for what it is is not delusional. Delusion is an inevitable part of life.

This is a place of teaching. If you want to say nothing at all, go live in a cave.

you didn't understand what i said. i assumed that what you said was true and "nothing should be said at all" was the output.

unborn Truth

thoughts are different than taking real actions, not every evil/good thought is puted in action. what would be interesting to discuss is if that every action has its origin from thought?  

Edited by oMarcos

7 minutes ago, oMarcos said:

thoughts are different than taking real actions, not every evil/good thought is puted in action. what would be interesting to discuss is, every action has origin from thought?  

@Shin@oMarcos  you think your actions are your doing??

Welcome to the forum :)

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

@SoonHei I believe that my most basic actions fit on my needs for survival. The more we are aware that the thought it self is a mechanism to serve us, the more we act without his consent, and this would be a more close approach to the true meaning of "true will", acting without external influence. But of course, my ego stills acts into this self-deceptive ideas, and they might no be my " real doing" at all...

So I believe that, if we believe that a particular Thought will benefit in our need to survive, we will follow that thought, for the sake of survival. If it doesn't put us in risk, we can easilty ignore it.

And, thank you very much for the welcoming!

How do you know they didn't choose?

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

5 hours ago, Hellspeed said:

How do you know they didn't choose?

Because for someone to choose there needs to be an alternative, thoughts just appear out of thin air, you cant say theyre chosen. Even if you say you choose to think of a pink elephant, the thought that said that wasnt chosen either. Do you get the mindfuck yet?

Dont look at me! Look inside!

On 14.11.2018 at 8:10 AM, Rilles said:

Then how the hell can you blame anyone for their actions?

There is a difference between being able to choose one's thoughts and letting oneself being guided by them. The latter lies in the sphere of an individual's responsibility

Please do not pay attention to my empty words if you are following Leo's teaching !!
Sometimes my empty words may appear too negative, too rational, too irrational, egoistical or even like trolling because my path is a non-path and is nothing but deviation and incompatible with all teachings known.

21 minutes ago, ground said:

There is a difference between being able to choose one's thoughts and letting oneself being guided by them. The latter lies in the sphere of an individual's responsibility

So where does this responsibility come from? Doesnt thought decide what is responsibilty and what is not? If i ask you ”What is responsibility?” dont you immediately go to your thoughts for an answer?

Humans are all highly "advanced" biological computers.

You are this computer but much more. On a higher level you are just an observer of this computer.

Actions, thoughts, and the separation of the two all a function of this computer.

And the conscious aspect is only aware of so much the computer is doing.

The conscious awareness is like the UI of a program, way more than that happening in the backend.

Contemplate on doing/actions. Can be a good way to see there is no such thing in direct experience, merely feedback from reality (an endless flux of impersonal occurrences). 

So what you are left with is sensations/perceptions/thoughts. Looking at those, 'you' do not really DO anything to think or to perceive - it all comes naturally even if you are resisting it. Thus, where is the doer/thinker?

Just adding this exercise which might be useful before somebody gets offended that I am refuting his point :ph34r: 

Edited by Flammable

You see, the reason you want to be better, is the reason why you aren’t. Shall I put it like that?

We aren't better, because we want to be.

~ Alan Watts

5 minutes ago, Rilles said:

So where does this responsibility come from? Doesnt thought decide what is responsibilty and what is not? If i ask you ”What is responsibility?” dont you immediately go to your thoughts for an answer?

The fact that "responsibility" is a thought before it is being expressed linguistically through speech or writing does not negate that it is an individual's decision to letting him-/herself being guided by the thought "my responsibility" or not. you can reject your responsibility or accept it. It is completely up to you, i.e. it is your decision, but from that you should not conclude that others will share or accept your view.

Please do not pay attention to my empty words if you are following Leo's teaching !!
Sometimes my empty words may appear too negative, too rational, too irrational, egoistical or even like trolling because my path is a non-path and is nothing but deviation and incompatible with all teachings known.

6 minutes ago, Flammable said:

Contemplate on doing/actions. Can be a good way to see there is no such thing in direct experience, merely feedback from reality (an endless flux of impersonal occurrences). 

So what you are left with is sensations/perceptions/thoughts. Looking at those, 'you' do not really DO anything to think or to perceive - it all comes naturally even if you are resisting it. Thus, where is the doer/thinker?

Just adding this exercise which might be useful before somebody gets offended that I am refuting his point :ph34r: 

I think thats what we will have to do on our own... Im tired of debating it now, Im still inquiring into this and I hope I am wrong... because its eerie to not have control over thought or action:o 

@Rilles  Eerie, but effortless as well. :ph34r:

You see, the reason you want to be better, is the reason why you aren’t. Shall I put it like that?

We aren't better, because we want to be.

~ Alan Watts

2 minutes ago, Flammable said:

@Rilles  Eerie, but effortless as well. :ph34r:

haha yes indeed!

5 hours ago, Rilles said:

Because for someone to choose there needs to be an alternative, thoughts just appear out of thin air, you cant say theyre chosen. Even if you say you choose to think of a pink elephant, the thought that said that wasnt chosen either. Do you get the mindfuck yet?

How do you know that thoughts just come from thin air? 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

15 minutes ago, Hellspeed said:

How do you know that thoughts just come from thin air? 

Look in your experience. Where are YOUR thoughts coming from?

In Actuality.

23 hours ago, Rilles said:

Look in your experience. Where are YOUR thoughts coming from?

In Actuality.

My brain obviously ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them