Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bernard

Can you get stuck in a super deep meditative state

27 posts in this topic

Is it possible to elevate your consciousness so much to where you're neither here or there?

Not sure if its exactly the consciousness that's elivated, but for the lack of a better word I'm using that term.

To put it another way,  can you end up in a sleep/wake state after the mediation to the point you don't care for the physical world as much? 

I'm currently experiencing these a week later and it frightens me to the point of panic attacks. 

What's happening?

I’ve experienced something similar. A couple self inquiry questions I’ve found helpful: what is the source of the panic sensation? Can the panic energy be tranformed into curiosity energy?

@SoonHei I hope it does pass. Its just been a week now and I feel really spaced out but not in a "thinking to much" way. More in a loosing touch wirh reality kinda way.

@Serotoninluv The source is that I'm afraid I wont come back. That the profound experience traumatized me. That I will be confused and stuck in this inbetween state forever. That I lost my mind and its not coming back.

2 minutes ago, Bernard said:

@Serotoninluv The source is that I'm afraid I wont come back. That the profound experience traumatized me. That I will be confused and stuck in this inbetween state forever. That I lost my mind and its not coming back.

I can relate. At first I just experienced it during some trips. Afterwards I’d be relieved and think “Thank goodness *that* is over”. Then I started experiencing it while sober. For me, I think it boils down to my sense of self losing control of the narrative in my mind.

@Serotoninluv yea well that's what actually did it. A trip. Had a few hour long bad experience and been terrified since.

How did you deal with it? Ever recovered?

It seems you’re dissociating from reality. If this persists, you might need to take medication. 

“Higher consciousness” (Less deluding myself) = Present Now , joy, love, compassion, understanding, peace, flow, synchronicity, etc. Relaxed!

”Lower consciousness” (More deluding myself) = Thinking about past or future, “me”, “physical world”, “frightened”, “panic attacks”. Tension!

I suspect this has nothing to do with trips, meditation, spirituality, panic attacks, etc. Only lifestyle choices relative to the calling of well being. Take that call. Go on that adventure. The slightest change, now, today, feels wonderful. It’s not the mountain we make it out to be. Love yourself enough to instill some discipline in your lifestyle.   

I have a buddy who can light a match with his shoe, crush a beer can on his forehead, open a bottle of beer using a quarter, and roll a joint with one hand. Very impressive. He can not however, notice the tension is his own body.  Maybe we can call delusion, not listening to my Self. Go on that journey. “Be friends with it”, as Ron Burgundy might say. 

Is healthy eating, exercise, etc, the foundation to be put in place before a trip? 

Or is a trip supposed to make those changes easier?

Also, L-Theanine, Vinpocetine, 5-HTP, N-A-C, L-Tyrosine, and vitamins D, C, B12 and B complex.  Try em before any scripts maybe. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Bernard hmmm

I had a state like this

The absolute feeling of meaninglessness...

It was also during a trip (weed and synthetic weed) 

While in that state, I just couldn't seemed to have reasoned and explained myself out of it

But it didn't last very long for me .. it was over after a good night's sleep.

It was a feeling of "how do I unsee this"

Or how can I deny this profundity, whatever that state was...

But it did pass...

Now I am not too sure about this state arriving when sober.. can only mean one thing, you must be ready for the next step/advancement. Try to stay calm and work thru this and understand what maybe being shown to you

It is the seeing of the cause which puts an end to it

Seeing the the snake you are afraid of is actually a rope. But you need to go and check this for yourself because you can keep telling yourself it's a rope but still be afraid as you haven't had a confirmation.

Do what's needed to be done. Stay clam. And see yourself outta this illusory trap

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

Just trust in the process.

No, you can't get stuck in anything, everything exists in you, as a mental perception, the Observer is beyond it (and as it) that's the one lesson.

I'm living a similar state. Is my second year. 

And I keep going into the unknown every moment, every second, every minute, every hour, every day...

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

10 minutes ago, Nahm said:

“Higher consciousness” (Less deluding myself) = Present Now , joy, love, compassion, understanding, peace, flow, synchronicity, etc. Relaxed!

”Lower consciousness” (More deluding myself) = Thinking about past or future, “me”, “physical world”, “frightened”, “panic attacks”. Tension!

I suspect this has nothing to do with trips, meditation, spirituality, panic attacks, etc. Only lifestyle choices relative to the calling of well being. Take that call. Go on that adventure. The slightest change, now, today, feels wonderful. It’s not the mountain we make it out to be. Love yourself enough to instill some discipline in your lifestyle.   

I have a buddy who can light a match with his shoe, crush a beer can on his forehead, open a bottle of beer using a quarter, and roll a joint with one hand. Very impressive. He can not however, notice the tension is his own body.  Maybe we can call delusion, not listening to my Self. Go on that journey. “Be friends with it”, as Ron Burgundy might say. 

Is healthy eating, exercise, etc, the foundation to be put in place before a trip? 

Or is a trip supposed to make those changes easier?

Also, L-Theanine, Vinpocetine, 5-HTP, N-A-C, L-Tyrosine, and vitamins D, C, B12 and B complex.  Try em before any scripts maybe. 

By your consciousness description, it feels like I've beem in lover consciousness since my experience. While prior I was in a higher state. By how much I don't know but it was noticeably higher.

Lately I have been making poor lifestyle choices(health wise) and this experience as of now motivated me to get myself out of this state by making better health choices. I'm making a grocery list and supliment list as we speak. It's a start.

I was more adventurous, curious and eager to do things. It's not that I don't all of a sudden, but i have lost a good bit of interest in reality. Like simply existing feels like a burden now. But I'm trying to ground myself.

I will look into those supplements. You actually helped with my list even though I already had L- Theanine and B12 on it. Not the the others.

Perhaps its a good thing in this regard that it happend but I can't help but be terrified of my current stare of being. In a way I feel as if I was doing great with my life and on a good trajectory when it comes to personal growth but this experience set me back. It probably didnt but its how I feel.

Conquer the panic attacks by literally indulge in them in pure joy while you doing it. Maybe tears, maybe unbearable pain, maybe you will feel death, go with them all. 

@Hellspeed How do you cope? Or deal? Did you at least get to the point of peace?

How does one fill panic attacks with joy?

22 minutes ago, AlwaysBeNice said:

Just trust in the process.

No, you can't get stuck in anything, everything exists in you, as a mental perception, the Observer is beyond it (and as it) that's the one lesson.

I have a sense of what you saying. It does feel like the observer as you put it is very vast. But since my experience it's like it's more interested in the vastness than it is for reality. Which would be nice if it where to be interested in reality again.

3 minutes ago, Bernard said:

@Hellspeed How do you cope? Or deal? Did you at least get to the point of peace?

How does one fill panic attacks with joy?

I had to pass around 1 year of agony and confusion to a depression like level, suicidal feelings, and unworthy existence. The same pain you can identify in the body, that is your guide, the numbness in a limb per example or a gnot in the plexus or a high pressure in the skull in the right side. Dwelve into that pain, into that confusion, into that agony, into that numbness, don't be afraid to be lost, there is only bliss behind.