Robby

How to meet an enlightened person?

25 posts in this topic

I would like to meet an enlightened person face to face. I imagine that being in the presence of someone enlightened would be a profound and powerful experience. I don't know how to go about this. I don't know where to find such a person. Also, I can imagine that someone who is enlightened may not want to be bothered by spiritual seekers. If I were to meet such a person, I wouldn't want to harass them with endless questioning, I'd be tremendously grateful to make myself useful in some way (cleaning the house, chores, waxing their car like the karate kid, whatever I can offer lol) just to be in the presence of someone who has radically elevated his/her consciousness. Now I live in southern California and it probably wouldn't be financially prudent for me to leave the country as of now, but if anyone has any advice on how or where I can meet someone I would greatly appreciate it. I didn't know where to start looking, so I thought I would start here. 

@Robby Attend a spiritual retreat. They attract high conscous people and there is a good chance there will be a few very high conscious people. They could also point you in the right direction.

1 hour ago, Robby said:

I would like to meet an enlightened person face to face. I imagine that being in the presence of someone enlightened would be a profound and powerful experience. I don't know how to go about this. I don't know where to find such a person. Also, I can imagine that someone who is enlightened may not want to be bothered by spiritual seekers. If I were to meet such a person, I wouldn't want to harass them with endless questioning, I'd be tremendously grateful to make myself useful in some way (cleaning the house, chores, waxing their car like the karate kid, whatever I can offer lol) just to be in the presence of someone who has radically elevated his/her consciousness. Now I live in southern California and it probably wouldn't be financially prudent for me to leave the country as of now, but if anyone has any advice on how or where I can meet someone I would greatly appreciate it. I didn't know where to start looking, so I thought I would start here. 

Paul Hedderman teaches in the Bay Area pretty much every week.  Look him up, he's legit, non-dual teacher.  funny as shit sometimes, has a guy at the bar vibe and has a fresh+old school take on things.

@Robby Look up Joseph Rubano in San Diego. He's enlightened and leads retreats there.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Robby Look up Joseph Rubano in San Diego. He's enlightened and leads retreats there.

How do you know if a person is enlightened?

Let's not confuse Egoic Enlightened people with genuine hermitage Enlightened human beings who are healers at the same time (they are very raw and difficult to understand by common folk). The egoic usually are initiated by those who nobody speaks about them (the majority of gurus and spiritual teachers are initiated, they are very literate). 

Edited by Hellspeed

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Call yourself by yourself from yourself at yourself.

I heard it''s a nice family ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Do you know any enlightened people in central Europe, who are organizing events like retreats?

Is it cocky to say that you are enlightened? I feel I am. I'd like to think that my life reflects it even.

I'm a professional cuddle buddy and am traveling the US for 2+ years doing that, travel blogging and hosting free Art in the Park.

My life is at an amazing peak right now and it's only getting better. See... two years ago I had a defining moment in my life where I was in a parking lot hiding from a shooting. It rattled me. I hated life. I ended up finding actualized.org and started applying the teachings. I was probably a 3 of 10 for happiness levels. I'm at a 9.5 now.

I think you might actually find the enlightened people living off the grid. I'm in an incredible park in FL right now camping and the community here is mind blowingly enlightened and their stories incredible.

I've also met pagans who are also beautifully enlightened people. Try and find a festival to attend, you'll see what I mean.

@TisDoney I don't think enlightenment and unconditional happiness are the same thing. Do you think so?

I understand that enlightenment is Truth realisation, and with it comes true happiness. Happiness alone is not called enlightenment, rather it's called unconditional happiness.

Anyway, are you Truth-realised?

@Robby being in the presence of enlightened persons presence will be a profound and powerful experience? ?Nothing like that in my experience. It's just curiosity and belief that's what I would say. I have met two enlightened masters and spend sometime with them. Nothing like that i experienced. 

No body can give others enlightenment. 

On 13.11.2018 at 3:49 AM, Robby said:

Adyashanti and his gang (people that he asked to teach like his wife Mukti, John Bernie and others) are also from the Bay area: https://web.archive.org/web/20170930014111/www.adyashanti.org/index.php?file=teachers

Any highly enlightened people in northern europe? (near amsterdam)

I know you're tired but come. This is the way - Rumi