When talking about enlightenment can you please explain this to me?

28 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, 2018 said:

I'm not too sure about the phrase "spirit is present" this is the first time thinking about it. I would say though that spirit (God) is always here with us in this very moment and is here in the now.

i'm sensing some attachments with a self image. Dissolving / deconstructing the self can be a long process - something I am still working on.

When speaking of transcendence of the self and awakenings, we often use terms like "you", "me", "I" and "we". The traditional use of these terms is illusory ("I" doesn't exist). Yet, it's a royal pain in the butt trying to communicate with each other without these terms. So, there is an underlying unspoken understanding that the conventional you/me/I/we doesn't exist and we are using the terms out of convenience. This was super confusing to me as I was transitioning through this stage.

Your posts seem to be a mixture of self improvement and self transcendence.  - You seem to use key words like "I", "me" and "we" with a degree of dissociation, yet also with identification as if those ideas are real. My questions were taking a peek at how much identification there is with a self. I think that is where your confusion lies.

3 hours ago, 2018 said:

I feel I've overcomplicated Enlightenment when it comes to understanding what it actually is. (I have not studied what enlightenment and non-duality is) and I don't know exactly if what I feel I am is the result of meditating, contemplation and introspection. Which has in effect possibly caused me to become enlightened (I'm not sure)  I do feel like a "different person"  so much more than before because I was drastically different in the way I behaved understood life. (very low consciousness) I can't say  for sure what has shifted my perspective on becoming identified as the spirit or a soul rather than being the mind and body. I agree in the end it is just a word, and that all is god and that is amazing. Yes, I am curious about enlightenment and what it all means and that's what I really like about actualized.org as it has a lot of amazing content but what I am also interested in is how can I continue to improve myself in a way where I can learn to develop new ideas and skills so that I can apply it in the real world so that I can make a true difference in the lives of people by uplifting and supporting and eventually teaching them what I have learned in the short time I've been on this earth. (one way I've found is to watch videos on youtube and read books and develop my inner being by meditating and self-reflection.

Do you need to know if your enlightened?  No one can tell you.  I think its more important to focus on what you want. 

What do you still want to improve in yourself? 

How would you like to help others specifically and how can you act on that in a step by step fashion?  Pursue your desires in this manner.  Sometimes the less you know about spirit and enlightenment the better, just follow what you want and stay faithful to your heart.  If you find yourself in genuine confusion and need of guidance, then find that, otherwise if what you say is true, your doing just fine.

You’re the single unchanging Awareness in reality.  That’s the true Self.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Mu_ That's really great advice. Thank you for your posts!

You are what you are, body/mind and the source at the same time. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

There is no "I am." That implies Other.

When your perception of "I am" permanently expands beyond the bodymind, you've reached some degree of awakening but the ultimate awakening is where there is no existential sense of "I am" (even expanded one.)

There is just...THIS...reality...the Absolute...The Self...whatever you want to call it, or better yet don't call it anything.

Edited by Haumea2018