When talking about enlightenment can you please explain this to me?

28 posts in this topic

I understand that I am not thoughts, I am not mind or a body. Would it be accurate to say I am spirit or a soul?

I'm no expert but I have spent a lot of time contemplating and I have made some breakthroughs. For example my interpretation of how I view life has changed from how I looked at life before. I am free from any kind of pain and suffering, I am free from fears, and find pleasure in simplicity rather than having a "need" to constantly seek stimulation. (I don't get bored) Most importantly it feels as if my ego is dead. I have found to accept people with unconditional love and no longer judge people for their "faults or unconscious behaviour" When contemplating this subject, I overcame the idea that I am losing my mind during self-reflection which at some points were very intense. At times, I felt very weak with a racing heart and had shallow breathing. I'm not exactly sure but I also think I had a visual hallucination for a few seconds when I was contemplating who or what am I?

Is it true to say that if someone realizes that they are one with other spirit's or souls or human beings (if that is correct to say) and that we are all one with God, source, the universe (one field of consciousness) that you have found Enlightenment? 

Also, I would really be interested in learning about, absolute being and what that means. Thanks everyone!

2 minutes ago, 2018 said:

I am free from any kind of pain and suffering, I am free from fears

You're way more enlightened than I am! With regard to the pain, what would you feel if your hand were cut off? I understand that an enlightened person would experience no suffering, but there must still be pain.

I'm sure it would still feel very painful if my hand was cut off,  it's possible my tolerance for physical pain would still be just the same as anyone else's but what I was talking about is emotional pain. I am in a constant state of joy rather than ever feeling pain or to feel emotional suffering

So, these changes that have happened in you....was it a sudden thing? Gradual? Sure sounds like you had an awakening.

Yes, it was very gradual. I've had many awakenings but it didn't become a sudden thing until I had an interest in putting an effort & focus into meditation, contemplation & self-reflection. Thinking about life and trying to understand the best I can what it means to me.

Excellent. Well, keep posting here and I'm sure you'll eventually get a better idea of what exactly happened to you.   :)

@2018 The absolute is what you are. You are not "spirit" or "soul" because those are concepts, no matter how vauge or spiritual they might sound. The absolute is what you are when all false identification has been removed. The absolute just is. Its existence is self-sustained. Everything else is a display within the absolute. The absolute underlies everything. In the absolute, there are not "things". There is no "I" there is no you, there is no "vision" there is no "hearing" there is no "thought" etc. In other words, the absolute is what it is. THAT. One who has realized the absolute says I am what I am, but only if pushed by the unelightened to describe itself. 

Just now, FoxFoxFox said:

One who has realized the absolute says I am what I am, but only if pushed by the unelightened to describe itself. 

You are the One if true (axioms one says are true are True. But: What is You? I think you are what you eat. You can quote me on that!).

I found a video on Actualized.org

Titled: The Enlightened Self

One way Leo describes this is being pure transparent empty awareness (that's deep if you really think about it lol)

To better understand this, I think I will take some time to watch this one, once or twice 

Where do you live ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@2018 You are void. Which is why you are so hard to find. How does one find a void?

It's like trying to grasp the vacuum of outer space with hands.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 hours ago, 2018 said:

I understand that I am not thoughts, I am not mind or a body. Would it be accurate to say I am spirit or a soul?

I'm no expert but I have spent a lot of time contemplating and I have made some breakthroughs. For example my interpretation of how I view life has changed from how I looked at life before. I am free from any kind of pain and suffering, I am free from fears, and find pleasure in simplicity rather than having a "need" to constantly seek stimulation. (I don't get bored) Most importantly it feels as if my ego is dead. I have found to accept people with unconditional love and no longer judge people for their "faults or unconscious behaviour" When contemplating this subject, I overcame the idea that I am losing my mind during self-reflection which at some points were very intense. At times, I felt very weak with a racing heart and had shallow breathing. I'm not exactly sure but I also think I had a visual hallucination for a few seconds when I was contemplating who or what am I?

Is it true to say that if someone realizes that they are one with other spirit's or souls or human beings (if that is correct to say) and that we are all one with God, source, the universe (one field of consciousness) that you have found Enlightenment? 

Also, I would really be interested in learning about, absolute being and what that means. Thanks everyone!

I mean if thats its your experience congratulations.  Put the coat on the coat rack and call it a life.  I congratulate you.  Continue being you in the world and uplift others. 

-Are you just curious about what is enlightenment? 

-Are you craving more understanding, is there a yearning inside you to keep discovering you can't put your finger on?

But to answer your question, some might agree that what you describe is Enlightenment, others may not.  In the end its just a word.  All is god.  The end.

6 hours ago, 2018 said:

How does it feel to take a step back and rephrase as follows:

"I Am"

"There is spirit"

Does that resonate or does some resistance arise?

I feel I've overcomplicated Enlightenment when it comes to understanding what it actually is. (I have not studied what enlightenment and non-duality is) and I don't know exactly if what I feel I am is the result of meditating, contemplation and introspection. Which has in effect possibly caused me to become enlightened (I'm not sure)  I do feel like a "different person"  so much more than before because I was drastically different in the way I behaved understood life. (very low consciousness) I can't say  for sure what has shifted my perspective on becoming identified as the spirit or a soul rather than being the mind and body. I agree in the end it is just a word, and that all is god and that is amazing. Yes, I am curious about enlightenment and what it all means and that's what I really like about actualized.org as it has a lot of amazing content but what I am also interested in is how can I continue to improve myself in a way where I can learn to develop new ideas and skills so that I can apply it in the real world so that I can make a true difference in the lives of people by uplifting and supporting and eventually teaching them what I have learned in the short time I've been on this earth. (one way I've found is to watch videos on youtube and read books and develop my inner being by meditating and self-reflection.

@Serotoninluv

When talking about I AM, I identify "me" or the "I"as the spirit and not the ego

"There is spirit" doesn't make sense because it seems like "there" is separating or making "two" out of "one" (the spirit)

22 minutes ago, 2018 said:

@Serotoninluv

When talking about I AM, I identify "me" or the "I"as the spirit and not the ego

"There is spirit" doesn't make sense because it seems like "there" is separating or making "two" out of "one" (the spirit)

Have you experienced just the "I AM" without any identification at all?

How about the phrase "Spirit is present"?

I think so, for example just sitting quietly and just being one with my surroundings.

I'm not too sure about the phrase "spirit is present" this is the first time thinking about it. I would say though that spirit (God) is always here with us in this very moment and is here in the now.

@2018 there will be confusion as long as there is attachment to any kind of individuality to define "you".

unborn Truth