MikeB

Tips on Awareness

14 posts in this topic

Any tips on keeping awareness in the body?

One way is to keep bringing your attention back to the feeling of your cloths touching your skin and then focus a inch below that, and then a inch below that.  This will take time and practice, perhaps done in silence during meditation or on car trips your not driving.  Then as it becomes easier in meditation you can do it in the world.  However, I must ask why your curious, generally when one asks such a question they have larger spiritual aspirations, that lead on a spiritual search.  Are you just looking for awareness in your body, or something else?

Edited by Mu_

I am looking to keep the awareness 24 7. I can go deep, but I want to get some insight on how others have done it for long periods of time during normal life. Day to day. I know it is always there, but I keep going off track.

Edit: that is a good tip to feel your clothing. I agree.

Edited by MikeB

One thing I noticed is you can get rid of negative body sensations by feeling into them and accepting them. The more I do this the faster they go away. But I have been practicing intermittent fasting for almost 2 years now so I feel that has an impact. Mind body awareness has been critical to where I am now.

@MikeB When/why are you losing your awareness in the first place? 

If you have some areas where your awareness is dipping due to bad habits/bad programming, this is the most important thing to work on first. 

To add to that, mindfulness meditation with heavy emphasis on the "see" label has worked a great deal for me. It's been clearing my sensory field because one of the biggest issues i had was falling asleep into fantasy and imagination. (still happens, but a lot less often and it is almost always "seen".) 

" losing your awareness in the first place? " Good way to look at it. I am not feeling that I was losing it. I amfeeling that I am trying to find it.

" bad habits/bad programming" I have bad habits and programming. I have been thinking about how to bring those feelings out so I can feel them and accept them. I think it is during "Meditation" and "Contemplation". I really need to feel those serious feeling stuck in my body. Have some thoughts on that. Gonna test tomorrow.

Please explain more "on the "see" label"

A few weeks back I felt as if a force field was moving from the front of my body to the back. I felt as if my brain was being rewired, but it was my whole body. I got scared and panicked. Everything I knew was being destroyed. At the same time, it didn't feel unfamiliar. I have been thinking that time is irrelevant. I have come this far already. When it happens does not matter.

@MikeB Ha! Expect a lot more of this to happen.. it's part of the process. 

Make sure you check out Leo's "Mindfulness Meditation" video where he goes into depth about the labels. As an additional resource, look into Shinzen Young.

When you are "looking for" awareness... where does it come from and where does it go? Look for this in your direct experience. 

(Hint: It's always present, however you aren't always present to witness it :D) its counter intuitive! 

1 hour ago, MikeB said:

One thing I noticed is you can get rid of negative body sensations by feeling into them and accepting them. The more I do this the faster they go away. But I have been practicing intermittent fasting for almost 2 years now so I feel that has an impact. Mind body awareness has been critical to where I am now.

Ya thats an interesting phenomenon that can happen with this practice.  You can also while being present and aware of negative sensations in your body, visualize/intend for them to shift/dissipate/move and have them shift this way as well.  I'm a bodyworker by trade and some of the work I do with people works with these principles.  Feel free to ask me anything else in this regards.

Edited by Mu_

19 hours ago, MikeB said:

I am looking to keep the awareness 24 7. I can go deep, but I want to get some insight on how others have done it for long periods of time during normal life. Day to day. I know it is always there, but I keep going off track.

Edit: that is a good tip to feel your clothing. I agree.

@MikeB Currently im working on this. Tbh i dont know how they do. It seems like you really got to make a commitment for you to stay aware 24 7. I have found out a golden method for working towards this. PM me if you would like to know it. 

When laying in bed tonight, let all the muscles melt & sink into gravity over and over, then make slow relaxation waves, head to toe. After imaginaing it 4 or 5 times, the sensation will begin to be felt. Around 10 - 15 the increasing in the sensation is felt, and this is exponential. Around 50 waves and you probably won’t be able to handle it.   

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahmuh i don't have a water bed for this Nahm...or does this require a partner? 

oh wait you must be talking about brain waves...sorry im a little out of it xD

Edited by DrewNows

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

@DrewNows We’re all sleeping in hydrobolic sensory depravation tanks, right? Maybe I assumed too much. 

Too much too much! death cannot be an option ;) xD