How to be wise

Non duality goes full circle?

17 posts in this topic

Some spiritual teachers say that non-duality is an illusion. Is this a lack of understanding of non-duality, or is it an even more deeper realisation, where somehow non-duality goes full circle and eats itself. What do you guys think? Is this not non-dual enough, or too non-dual?

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

What makes it an illusion? Could it be the pursuit of the reward of contentment/happiness? Could it be looking to thought, as in the idea/concept/theory/abstraction of “nonduality” and conforming to it? Is this a process of self clinging to itself by looking for an answer/escape in “nonduality”(thought content). ?

Edited by Jack River

it all depends on the definition. but if it is experiencable not only of one person but of many persons. it can’t be an illusion or every experience is just an illusion. but then the definition of science would also be void.

at least it must be a phenomenon.

Edited by now is forever

2 hours ago, How to be wise said:

Some spiritual teachers say that non-duality is an illusion. Is this a lack of understanding of non-duality, or is it an even more deeper realisation, where somehow non-duality goes full circle and eats itself. What do you guys think? Is this not non-dual enough, or too non-dual?

once you deconstruct the self its time to deconstruct the no self

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

21 minutes ago, now is forever said:

@Nahm you are a phenomenon.

xD yup quite the phenomeNahm

Non-duality is simply the integration of the left and right sides of the body and discovering the whole "subconscious mind" and make it conscious. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

22 minutes ago, Hellspeed said:

Non-duality is simply the integration of the left and right sides of the body and discovering the whole "subconscious mind" and make it conscious. 

tell me more sensei. What about this "energy body" some call kundalini, it was just the mental integration or something you can get everyday ? what was that aura feeling that stayed for days ? still it is the case, like. Should I practice more ?

Edited by Strikr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sbw__MsJZ0

We know nothing, and even, I m not sure. a.V.e

16 minutes ago, Strikr said:

tell me more sensei. What about this "energy body" some call kundalini, it was just the mental integration or something you can get everyday ? what was that aura feeling that stayed for days ? still it is the case, like. Should I practice more ?

We are taught in society to use only 2 chakras and demonize the energy we have in the legs (in Christianity they call it Satan, in the east they call it Muladhara, in literature and Hollywood they call it the rabbit hole). When one escapes the right side fucked up 3rd and 5th chakras the energy of the body is released and this is the path to awakening. How one taps into Red? Attention on Breath until one knows how to channel that. Follow the Breath, the intuition will guide you the whole process, give it months, years, decades, depending on how much you willing to sacrifice of what you think you know about reality and yourself & the tolerance of physical and emotional pain if you decide to do it faster.  

I've been putting key info on how to do it on my posts, but people want complicated things that don't lead to awakening. The fancy apparently is more powerful than the truth for the zombies. 

Edited by Hellspeed

20 minutes ago, Hellspeed said:

We are taught in society to use only 2 chakras and demonize the energy we have in the legs (in Christianity they call it Satan, in the east they call it Muladhara, in literature and Hollywood they call it the rabbit hole). When one escapes the right side fucked up 3rd and 5th chakras the energy of the body is released and this is the path to awakening. How one taps into Red? Attention on Breath until one knows how to channel that. Follow the Breath, the intuition will guide you the whole process, give it months, years, decades, depending on how much you willing to sacrifice of what you think you know about reality and yourself & the tolerance of physical and emotional pain if you decide to do it faster.  

I've been putting key info on how to do it on my posts, but people want complicated things that don't lead to awakening. The fancy apparently is more powerful than the truth for the zombies. 

yes I know that you know more than me, I can "sense". Do you think "kriya yoga" ( sport/yoga ) will help me in the process, I feel well like doing it since a month, I did everyday until now. ( increase diet since 3 years ( full on water ), I m more vegan aimed ) and I practice meditation daily but not that much.

trying to find balance with the body.

I already have this energy you talk about, but I don't know where am I in this work'.

My most "mystical energy" has been coming last month, I was feeling like my body wasn't mine anymore, but it was still me, sort of weird dissociation of the mind/body.

What is my body doing ? my brain seams to melt down sometimes

red ~ safety and balance in the body, no subconscious desire remaining ? or something else ?

I do not fear any work, I just sort of ask for more guidance maybe I should slow down a bit and root myself in the basic, not that I don't believe in myself to do all the work, but I believe in myself to still put my trust in people.

Edited by Strikr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sbw__MsJZ0

We know nothing, and even, I m not sure. a.V.e

@Strikr Want straight truth? 

Skip all the BS and superficial yoga and go into a retirement and follow just your Breath. Your intuition will guide you all the process. 

Nonduality includes duality within it. Therein lies the full circle.

See image of ying-yang.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Well non-duality is a thought. It's a concept. It requires someone who holds the concept of non-duality as true, and whenever there are is identification with a thought, there is duality. The Buddhists say "One thought believed separates heaven and hell." 

Non-duality doesn't mean anything. It's an imaginary idea. That idea is an imaginary illusion because it's not in the direct experience, but this idea exists, it's just not real. When one is not aware enough of the direct experience then there are more shifts from the imaginary world to the direct experience. The illusion gets entangled in the real strange loop and slowly becomes an automatic behavior. Now the illusion is running subconsciously and you have to self-reflect via writing to get rid of it, analyze beliefs and egoic reactions.

There are a few critical moments in the day, when the environmental factors are right to trigger the illusion, those are egoic reactions that compromise the most of the suffering. Even if you are aware and observing it while it's happening, it does nothing, the illusion has it's own momentum and continues until one becomes aware of the illusion that is running the program via writing and speech.