Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sven

Carbon Based Lifeforms - Erratic Patterns

10 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

So I was listening to a song and thought, especially looking at the lyrics, it seems poetic or maybe metaphysical. But I can't seem to decipher it. Any of you an idea? Also, the songs just really good haha. Carbon Based Lifeforms i an amazing artist.

Take it easy!

Or these lyrics from ~42° by the same artist:

"It isn't really a thing, nor does it exist in one particular place
You could say that it is an optical phenomenon that only appears when the atmospheric conditions are just right, and so is the sunlight

It is also dependent on the viewer's position, that should be in this one particular place
It isn't something divine or angelic, but it's appearance can be truly and utterly breathtaking
And some would say that it is borderline magical"

Very good song!

I just recently discovered Carbon-based lifeforms, but absolutely love their music.

To me, it seems like the song describes the limits of Rationality and Logic. To us, it seems like the mind can find an answer to all questions. Everything is seen through the lens of time, cause and effect - "a straight line". Everything is highly logical  - as a "structured code" of a computer program. The Mind's conclusions "supposed to be perfect, but really they are not". Fundamentally, logic cannot answer questions about its own existence, because it's just a small fragment of reality.

Hence, you need to recognize the "hidden flaws" in rationality. You need to become "illogical (or alogical) and erratic" to find the Truth.

Edited by Arthur

"Beyond fear, destiny awaits" - Dune

M from interloper sounds like something you'd listen on LSD in a college party.

2 hours ago, Arthur said:

Very good song!

I just recently discovered Carbon-based lifeforms, but absolutely love their music.

To me, it seems like the song describes the limits of Rationality and Logic. To us, it seems like the mind can find an answer to all questions. Everything is seen through the lens of time, cause and effect - "a straight line". Everything is highly logical  - as a "structured code" of a computer program. The Mind's conclusions "supposed to be perfect, but really they are not". Fundamentally, logic cannot answer questions about its own existence, because it's just a small fragment of reality.

Hence, you need to recognize the "hidden flaws" in rationality. You need to become "illogical (or alogical) and erratic" to find the Truth.

Tough bro I can't give up Neuroscience.

Edited by Outer

12 minutes ago, Outer said:

Tough bro I can't give up Neuroscience.

Dude ... put some 5-meo up ur butt :D

"Beyond fear, destiny awaits" - Dune

@Sven uhhh I love CBL once I was listening to it on LSD and I had a vision of my future self, it was like a futuristic me if I did all the work and lived my full potential, fascinating! 

Their music brings us to a whole new atmosphere..

Burial and Carbon Based Lifeform puts me in an altered state of consciousness even without psychedelics 

Edited by MsNobody

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." Shakespeare

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCqtX3EPGsnmWjK76m5Vpbw

Derelicts release party at Helsinki last year... 9000/5. Simply amazing. 

That quote or sample can be interpreted in so many ways that its quite hard to say... What ever it is, its 42 degrees ;P