Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SFRL

Online Dating vs Cold Approach

10 posts in this topic

I am interested in Forum members experiences of Online Dating vs Cold Approach.

I have a lot of experience with online dating. I would call myself an online dating expert. And a texting expert. Most of my dates from online have resulted in 1st date lays. When I go on an online date it actually does not ocure to me that I am not getting laid. That also has to do with my text game build up to the date. Not just average women some pretty ones as well. Some have resulted in LTRs as well. 

But I think the online dating train has taken me as far as it goes. 

What I do have very little experience with is cold approach. Online dating has made me lazy I guess. It's like the housecat who knows knows he got food in his bowl so he does not go chase mice anymore. 

I have had a few successes with women I met out in the real world. But those just kind of happened. Mostly because they put themselves out to me. Not because I proactively went after them. 

From the PU theory and from deductive reasoning I know that cold approaching girls shows higher value then online dating because you had the balls to approach a stranger out in the real world. Which makes perfect sense. She will always see you as that guy rather then a guy she met offline. 

Also cold approach has the benefit that you can pick a woman you have chosen with all your senses. You can see what she looks like, how she moves, how she interacts with her environment, body language, the clothes she wears, the look in her eyes, how she smells, you can hear her voice, etc. With online dating you can only go off pictures and a written sales pitch story. So it remains to be seen what you get when you meet in real life. 

So how have you guys experienced the dynamics change when you cold approach a girl vs meeting them online? 

I have watched videos of RSD Jeffy one of my favourite RSD instructors. He is an expert on both online dating and cold approach. And he says that online dating is the exact same thing as dating a girl from cold approach once you got that phone number, so I am not concerned with that. I am good with that. 

But from deductive reasoning it makes perfect sense that a cold approach shows higher value then an online connection. 

Looking to step up my game. Little experience with cold approach. 

Edited by SFRL

@SFRL

I personally don't enjoy online dating.

It takes the experience of meeting someone and turns it into this very transactional thing. Too logical, too boring. And the girls you will meet online are no where near as attractive as the girls you can meet in person. 

It's like the fast food of getting laid. Technically it will get the job done, but I generally don't really find it meaningful.

Cold approach I find very meaningful, because almost every time you get laid is usually like this epic adventure. Pushing through uncomfortable emotions, strange foreign environments, having fun with friends, solving logisitics, etc etc. And it's especially meaningful if you're the kind of guy like me for who that wasn't easy to do when you were younger.

Cold approach also gives you skills sets that you're unlikely develop just by online dating. It's so easy for me when I go to networking events for my business because you've got so many repetitions of knowing how to create immediate rapport with a stranger.

Of course, there are downsides to cold approach too. Mainly that it takes a shit load of time to actually get laid if you're just continually running up to random girls and not building any kind of social circle.

So I think the real answer is just to know what you want, know what kind of phrase you are in your life and then go after it.

Both have pros and cons. Someone is better on "online" things, other are better in "classic approach". If you ask me, I like both methods, since the game is the same online or "offline", at least to me... :)

@SFRL I have limited experiance but I have noticed that 

A) The quality of girls responding positively to me is way higher on the streets.
B) Talking to strangers is much more fun, engaging and adventurous in person. 

I still kinda try to do both atm. But I have set myself the "limit" of only doing online game if I also approach girls every few days to not fall into the trap of doing online game because I am afraid.

I've had amazing experiences with online dating:

• Breaking into a girl's own house through the bathroom window like a naughty little boy and girl. Her family is religious. We made out in her bedroom when we weren't supposed to. Met on Tinder.
  • Having my dick sucked by a 37-year-old (I'm 23) in the cloak room after a public speaking gig I did. Met on Facebook. Wild, passionate sex has ensued.
  • Hanging out and getting fed free weed before the sex. Met on Tinder

Even though you don't get some of the benefits of what cold approach gives you, you can still lead the interaction in such a way that it creates something wild. Saying that, I am only 6 months into the dating/game scene so every experience for me is super fresh. I haven't done too much cold approach either.

Next stop is Medellin Colombia where I have a mentor who will be pushing my ass out the door to do 300+ cold approaches. Terrified but excited and looking to begin seducing models!

Right now I'm just doing cold approaches. If I want to, I can use Tinder, but I prefer to build a better social skills set before using this kind of app.

I have used Tinder and Happn once. I think I went to the bed with two different girls last year with these apps. The dynamic is pretty the same, but through these apps, you can escalate to sex easily.

Both cold approach and online dating make you happier, but it's probably better doing them together.

By the way, I'm going out these days and I'm feeling happier (if you guys looks at my old posts, you will realize that some of them were very depressive).

I am at the mall right now, it's busy as fuck, all women are with their mom/family/boyfriend, etc. There was one girl who would have been worth it but I did not capitalize on that. 

And then there was something hideous that picked up on the look in my eyes and actually started following me around. 

So I took a sharp right into a store to get it off my tail, lol. 

There's another benefit of online dating (apps like Tinder and Happn): it's cheap.

use cold approach to get into social circles when u can do warm approaches which are much better