Shadowraix

Lucid Dreaming + Vivid Dreaming all of a sudden

8 posts in this topic

This is mainly to share an experience and see if anybody else can relate.

So I wouldn't say my current progress of actualization is as optimal as it can be but I do do a lot of contemplation if anything and it has been a major help to improving my life.

But as of late I've noticed a major difference in how I dream. The first weird occurrence was i'd listen to Leo's videos before bed and fall asleep. I'd enter this half awake half asleep state where i can hear Leo but im not consciously processing anything. But at the same time I was experiencing dreams. I'd eventually snap back fully awake after 30 mins to an hour though.

I haven't done that in a little bit, but the next occurrence was I had 2 lucid dreams in the same night. I just suddenly was able to realize this is different from my usual reality and I even gained a limited form of control.

In the past few days I have discovered my dreaming becoming more vivid and real feeling. The realness feeling is what actually gets me questioning on if it is reality or not and if I can discover any out of the ordinary things I can realize its a dream. My last dream I didn't pick up any signs so I was afraid to start trying to mess around with the experience but thinking back there were some pretty clear signs.

It seems no coincidence that I am experiencing this as I have been trying to raise my awareness. Lucid dreaming has been by far and extraordinary experience.

Yeah, I would definitely say that lucid dreaming is a sign that you're internally shifting your consciousness. Have you tried jumping as a reality check? When you test whether or not you're dreaming, wherever you happen to be standing, just give a little jump into the air and notice what happens. If I'm dreaming, there is always something different about it, maybe an extra half second of hang time in the air that tips me off that I'm dreaming. And digital clocks never read correctly for me when I'm dreaming. That's a very common one for people.

I noticed this is well but I dont know if its progress or if im becoming mentally unstable. I had an extreme weird lucid dream I couldnt escape some weeks ago that was so haunting that I got up and questioned if I was still dreaming for a good half an hour when I woke up and then I was afraid to go back to sleep.

Edited by MM1988

Dreams are one way the Divine guides us. It could be you're starting to get more receptive to help from Higher Self, maybe starting to open Ajna/third eye.

The dream you said you were dreaming but still partly conscious in my experience could've been 2 things:

Sometimes sound just gets through into your dreams

More often than not for me though is I 'accidentally' slipped into an Astral projection and didn't realize it. I usually hear what's going on back in the physical overlayed on top of auditory in the astral.

Thanks for the replies!@PsiloPutty I haven't tried that and will definitely try to next time.

Lucid dreaming is some mind fuckery exciting shit

On 11/11/2018 at 5:55 PM, Elysian said:

Dreams are one way the Divine guides us. It could be you're starting to get more receptive to help from Higher Self, maybe starting to open Ajna/third eye.

The dream you said you were dreaming but still partly conscious in my experience could've been 2 things:

Sometimes sound just gets through into your dreams

More often than not for me though is I 'accidentally' slipped into an Astral projection and didn't realize it. I usually hear what's going on back in the physical overlayed on top of auditory in the astral.

Intriguing. I am definitely feeling like I am getting to a point where I can start working on where I am being compelled to go. Plenty of work to go but its exciting!

Have you read books on the subject? The first one I ever read was back in the mid-90s, and it's called Lucid Dreaming by Stephen Laberge. He's one of the main pioneers of lucid dream study, and that book helped me immeasurably in understanding lucid dreams and more easily invoking them. You're right, it is a very interesting phenomenon, and fascinating to cultivate.

1 hour ago, PsiloPutty said:

Have you read books on the subject? The first one I ever read was back in the mid-90s, and it's called Lucid Dreaming by Stephen Laberge. He's one of the main pioneers of lucid dream study, and that book helped me immeasurably in understanding lucid dreams and more easily invoking them. You're right, it is a very interesting phenomenon, and fascinating to cultivate.

Not at all. I've only become interested in it when I experienced it for the first time. I will bookmark that book suggestion for when I can read it.

Definitely, consciousness work makes dreams clearer/more vivid - I have noticed this as well. Lately I have been questioning the dream state and it is looking more and more like the waking one. 

I had this interesting occurrence where my thought process from a dream continued directly as I woke up in my bed. It felt as if the same reality was continuing in a different form and I was simply the witness of it - quite fascinating, maybe it was pointing to the Absolute Truth haha.

Edited by Flammable

You see, the reason you want to be better, is the reason why you aren’t. Shall I put it like that?

We aren't better, because we want to be.

~ Alan Watts