Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nathan99

What Role Do Dreams Play In Enlightenment Work?

10 posts in this topic

Dreams seem like they can be a very effective tool in the dissolution of your ego, I'm just not sure how that is the case. Lately I've been implementing some of my ideas about reality and the nature of consciousness into my dreams whenever I can and my dreams have become a lot more profound. One dream I had, I noticed that the reality I was experiencing just didn't feel real, then I just feel backwards onto the floor. My body didn't hit the ground however and I continued to fall into the abyss. It felt like an act of complete surrender, and it felt amazing. I wish I could have stayed in that reality shattering state forever but my eyes opened anyway and before I knew it I was awake. The effects of a shook ego soon set in and my heart began pounding as my breath became shallow. That feeling of my ego, desperately trying to put itself back together used to scare the shit out of me, but now I understand that it's actually a very important part of the process and I don't mind that feeling anymore. Now i'm not stupid, I know what I experienced is called Lucid Dreaming, what I want to know is what role these dreams play on the path to liberation. 

Sounds like an amazing experience. Just take it for what it is. Dreams can give you pointers towards the working of your own psyche, and if you analyse them you can draw some pretty insightful conclusions. Great that you can see the ego for what it is, it seems you had an experience of 'no-self' whilst in the dream state.

@EvilAngel I think I might have, it happened at a meditation retreat about a week ago. Funny that the closest I ever got to no-self at that retreat wasn't by meditating but by having a dream. 

2 minutes ago, Nathan99 said:

@EvilAngel I think I might have, it happened at a meditation retreat about a week ago. Funny that the closest I ever got to no-self at that retreat wasn't by meditating but by having a dream. 

Maybe because the distinction between dreams and reality doesn't actually exist.

9_9

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

For me, a lot.

It's so funny actually, we all experience extremely profound shit every single night, every. single. night. and we barely remember, but we can learn to.

@Nathan99 When reality is realized as dream, the ‘dreams during sleep’ stop happening. (There’s no more “awake” or “asleep”, and nothing for the brain to reconcile, no monkey mind during the day, or during the night)

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 hour ago, Nathan99 said:

@AlwaysBeNice Yeah I guess a logical next step would be to start a dream journal.

Yeah that's good. Best even to do so during the night.

So when you wake up, don't just rush into the next sleep again, give yourself some time to recall what happened, don't just rush into sleep again, and then try to remain as a awake as possible, yet as still as possible bodily wise, so you remain conscious (to a high degree).

It's really hard to do though, because it's so tempting to just go to sleep again (might really help to get out of bed and take that piss, or drink some water), and you don't need to do it every cycle as you might be surprised at what can happen when you just really commit once, and that may give you so much, you wouldn't be bothered doing it again that night.

If you notice, dreams commonly reveal your deep-seated fears. Especially if the same dream keeps happening over and over again. This is an opportunity for you to learn your lesson and resolve your fear. Then the dream will stop repeating and you will get more advanced dreams. Keep learning the lesson from each one until eventually you purify yourself of all your fears.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.