7thLetter

What are Stage Yellow and Turquoise people like in an intimate relationship?

31 posts in this topic

What are they like in an intimate relationship?

Does Yellow even have the ability to sustain a long-term intimate relationship with his/her strong sense of independence and complex thinking? Personally I think that their partner would have to have almost a perfect match with their level of intellectual understanding of reality, which I think is quite rare.

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

@7thLetter  Sure @Joseph MaynorMaynor is gonna be all over this thread like a rash shortly but from my understanding.... I wouldn't say perfect match as they understand all levels on the spiral but as close as they could get. 

I'm not the one to talk to about relationships.  I've always kinda sucked at relationships.  I had many more relationships at Stage Green.  When I was at Green I was very social.  At Stage Yellow I started offending all my friends and became much more brutally honest with everyone.  I stopped suffering fools at Yellow.  At Turquoise I realized relationships are unnecessary because I just am everybody else.  At Coral I'm much more open to relationships and have actually established some relationships recently that are awesome.  I think this is because the people who like me know me and accept me.  They're the people that stuck around.  Either they don't get offended by me (our personalities don't compete), or we've been through all our fighting stage shit.  Some people you need to fight with and then you come together tighter.  Other people you fight with and fall apart.  It's really rewarding to have a girlfriend roughly my own age (5 years younger) that I was able to be brutally honest with from the very beginning and she loves me for it.  I also have a few friends now that I'm able to be totally real around and they love me for it.  It's so cool when someone likes you for who you really are, especially the opposite sex!  So, it's kinda coming together more and more for me.  But in general, I repel a lot of people because I refuse to be fake and I talk to everybody exactly the same way, with the same voice -- 8 to 80 man woman or child, girlfriend, boss, you name it.  I use one true voice and let the chips fall where they may.  Children really appreciate me now because I talk to them like they're adults.  I used to have kind of a fake way of talking to kids, and no wonder they never really took to me!  My assertiveness practice is finally starting pay me some dividends.  I repel a lot of people, but the few people who like me like the real me.  So, assertiveness does pay off in the long run.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

From my perspective: Yellow can play any role in relationship (once he/she is willing to accept it) but turquoise would require much more freedom and full blown detached attachment. 

I wonder where to find such people :D.

strong spiritual practices, healthy habits, amazing sex and commitment to responsibilities with wisdom.

embracing your humanity and building a loving and stable family can be a deep source of awe. it's a celebration of the mystery of existence.

if you want to ask specific questions, go ahead. i'll answer them from experience and not from speculation.

@Serotoninluv, @Shiva, @Nahm i think this thread should be under the relationships section.

Edited by ajasatya

unborn Truth

@Charlotte Definitely not a perfect match but yea I'd say as close as they can get just like you said. I just don't really think understanding and accepting every perspective makes a huge difference when it comes to intimate relationships, but in my opinion people in general usually go for a partner who has many similarities with each other.

@Joseph Maynor Hmm very interesting insights, especially with what you said about Turquoise. thanks for the post

@Shiva Definitely, especially with their kind being so rare.

@archi True, about yellow maybe. Maybe in the short-term, but I don't think they would be able to sustain it in the long-term. And when I say long-term I mean at least 5 years.

@ajasatya You're speaking in the perspective of turquoise I assume. How important is it for your partner to share similarities and if yes then how do you find someone like that?

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

17 hours ago, Charlotte said:

@7thLetter  Sure @Joseph MaynorMaynor is gonna be all over this thread like a rash shortly but from my understanding.... I wouldn't say perfect match as they understand all levels on the spiral but as close as they could get. 

Love how you made that prediction. Love you too Joseph. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

14 hours ago, 7thLetter said:

You're speaking in the perspective of turquoise I assume. How important is it for your partner to share similarities and if yes then how do you find someone like that?

i and my wife are very different. i am a scientist/mathematician and she's a painter/singer/composer. but we're very similar on what actually matters: honesty, dignity, affection, compassion etc.

we like yoga/meditation. we eat healthily, even though it's very time consuming. we take part in ayahuasca cerimonies together and we talk a lot about spirituality. we talk about how we want to grow our future children and also about how we're going to use our money. everything must come from agreements. that's why it's important to be very similar on what matters.

how to find someone like that? seriously, work really hard on yourself and be aware of all kinds of toxicities that you still need to clean up. if you're lazy, you'll be stuck on toxic cycles. keep in mind that healthy people look for healthy people. that's how we found each other.

Edited by ajasatya

unborn Truth

4 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

i and my wife are very different. i am a scientist/mathematician and she's a painter/singer/composer. but we're very similar on what actually matters: honesty, dignity, affection, compassion etc.

we like yoga/meditation. we eat healthily, even though it's very time consuming. we take part in ayahuasca cerimonies together and we talk a lot about spirituality. we talk about how we want to grow our future children and also about how we're going to use our money. everything must come from agreements. that's why it's important to be very similar on what matters.

how to find someone like that? seriously, work really hard on yourself and be aware of all kinds of toxicities that you still need to clean up. if you're lazy, you'll be stuck on toxic cycles. keep in mind that healthy people look for healthy people. that's how we found each other.

/thread

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Eckhart Tolle and Kim Eng seem to do ok, although I think Kim is has challenges sometimes. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Very interesting topic.

I actually encountered this problem almost immediately when I fully integrated Green. Because the whole status game of Orange dissipated, there was this void...this question of, "What am I left with?" It was also hard at first to find people who were on the same wavelength and who had reached Green.

From my experience, though, the person doesn't have to have come to the same intellectual conclusions about life as you. As you ascend in the stages, explicit beliefs and intellectual understanding become less and less important anyway.

The #1 thing that seems most important in my experience is this: Have they said "yes" to life? Or do they resist the flow of life still, like many people do? Are they willing to submit to the Universe? Regardless of their specific stage or their explicit beliefs, do they behave in such a way where they genuinely celebrate life? Is it sacred to them? Are they grateful?

Also, if a person can't submit to the Universe (to God), then they certainly can't submit to you. This is something to think about if you happen to be a more dominant partner.

@eleveneleven Your point is very interesting. I've spent most of my life in Green with very stereotypical Green Values, and one of the biggest observations I had was that people can be "divided" into 2 fundamental value system almost: those who are nihilistic and become extreme material and status orientated; and those who believe in something "bigger" - God, Universe, Fate, Meaning etc.

I find I can get along with Greens and Blues (when they are not imposing their values or judging you for no following an existing hierarchy). With other Greens; it fees like home.

With Yellow, I really respect their ability to see perspectives and the larger picture; and able to challenge my perspectives. There is a sense of mystery with Yellow.

@Winter I think it depends on what @Joseph Maynor meant by "voice".

I can see both possibility, because I find at Yellow, the style of speech and use of words are more honest and less likely to use flowery words for the sake of social cohesion (social cohesion is particularly important to Greens), and to Yellows authenticity is very important. However Yellow do not use commanding or aggressive or dismissive tone of voice or words (which is more typical of arrogance in Orange transiting to Green).

For example:

An over-weight wife asks her husband if she looks fat.

1. Orange-Green response: Yes you are fat, you should lose weight. (This statement is true because the wife is over weight and health is important and its important to let her know)

2. Green response: Honey you are beautiful as you are and always will be. (This statement is also true, because the wife is beautiful no matter what she looks like, and self-esteem and ultimate acceptance of others as they are is important in a healthy relationship)

3. Yellow response: Honey you will always be beautiful to me, and I guess its contextual what is considered "fat" in each country. Maybe we should look up what is considered "fat", and see if we need to do something about it. (This statement is also true, because while it is important to love others for who they exactly as they are, it is also important to point out potential medical facts that might be detrimental to the wife's health in the future.)

Edited by Wyze
examples

Like this:

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.