winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Farnaby said:

If you’re pointing to the Absolute, why put a label like love and not just call it “it” or “that what is, independent from any judgement or evaluation”.

Exactly. And I already asked Leo about it too a couple pages back. I would personally not use this word, but when it's used then that's what it means - "that what is".

14 minutes ago, tsuki said:

Thank you. Did realizing that open up the possibility for trust instead?
Vulnerability and surrender are important, but sometimes you need to do the right thing.
Pretending like everybody is absolutely equal denies that possibility, or at least creates a lot of inner conflict.

You don't need trust when you're consumed by the foolishness of love. It'll either burn you alive or purify you to your essence. It's out of my hands. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

“Do you believe that my being stronger or faster has anything to do with my muscles in this place? You think that's air you're breathing now?”

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Leo Guratell you something. Maybe, perhaps, life purpose has to be emphasized more. I mean, doing a profound life purpose, but, on the surface, ppl in general think it's just an ordinary business. Only those who progress will see (realize) the more profound stuff in your life purpose. Btw, when I thought of this, I did see ox's tail. Do this along with self-improving yourself and mindfulness meditation (of the formlessness, of course).

ying-yang-classic-black-white-spinning-animated-gif.gif

48 minutes ago, Natasha said:

Exactly. And I already asked Leo about it too a couple pages back. I would personally not use this word, but when it's used then that's what it means - "that what is".

@Natasha Thank you for clarifying it ? In my direct experience meditating I can accept everything that’s in my present awareness as it is, but to associate a positive label like “love” to clearly destructive things doesn’t make sense to me. 

Hitler’s actions were certainly not driven by love. Probably by lack of love.

1 hour ago, Truth Addict said:

I don't know anything about you, and I don't have anything against you. I'm literally just offering you the meta perspective.

Don't give me that, you know a lot about me, I've been around for a while.

Yes. But I don't think you're doing very well communicating it. That's why I'm interfering.

Why don't you give me your best shot at describing truth for a change?
It's easier to hide behind smoke screens and deny the stories of others. I know from experience.

Could you provide one example for your claim?

Any hierarchy that is built based on difference in consciousness. For example: you teaching your dog to navigate the human world safely.
While it is certainly true that it may be necessary to resort to force in extreme situations, the force is a mean of communication and not the basis of hierarchy. The dog could easily kill you, but it isn't conscious of this possibility if it has been raised in captivity.
You on the other hand teach the dog out of concern for its safety despite its misbehavior.
You serve, it obeys and yet - you are equals despite being different and both of you preserve your dignity.

And yes, the dog teaches you how to teach it, but it is not the point of the teaching.
You could do pretty damn well without this knowledge, but the dog wouldn't.

Assuming that that's true, what's wrong with passivity?

If it is the main paradigm from which the ego operates, it can easily become pathological.
Even if your animal instincts kick in when you are in immediate threat and won't get yourself killed, it has the potential to create a lot of psychological distress and decline the quality of your life. It is true that disidentification from negative emotions is a great skill, but it is even better if one can prevent them by solving problems for the benefit of everybody involved. That requires active effort.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

4 hours ago, tsuki said:

That is why there should be teachers teaching other teachers.
There are people that find 'you're not conscious enough' triggering and there are those that don't.
If the chasm between the teacher and a student is too great, religions get started. See: Jesus.

Yeah, the whole with religion thing is too true.   

Reminds me of the problem of authority really. If we say that authority and hierarchy really do exist in the stage blue sense of things, then who is to teach the teachers? And then who will teach the people who teach the teachers? It goes on indefinitely. I suppose there exists democracies with the idea that there is no ultimate authority, there's just a network which has the input of many different organisms/things. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

37 minutes ago, Farnaby said:

@Natasha Thank you for clarifying it ? In my direct experience meditating I can accept everything that’s in my present awareness as it is, but to associate a positive label like “love” to clearly destructive things doesn’t make sense to me. 

That's what we would like to think. The thing that's hard to swallow, however, is Hitler's actions in no-time/no-space/no-mind Absolute awareness would still be that what is and thus labeled as Love. Which, again, could seem confusing and far-fetched to the mind, but true nonetheless.

13 minutes ago, lmfao said:

Reminds me of the problem of authority really. If we say that authority and hierarchy really do exist in the stage blue sense of things, then who is to teach the teachers? And then who will teach the people who teach the teachers? It goes on indefinitely. I suppose there exists democracies with the idea that there is no ultimate authority, there's just a network which has the input of many different organisms/things. 

Fortunately, when it comes to absolute truth - there is an end to seeking.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

I don't think this guy is fully enlightened at all, the way he speaks, I am sorry he just seems like he trying too hard to look enlightened. Look up to Arahants like luangta Maha boa.. 

@Leo Gura

I think a follow up video to "What is truth" where you equate truth to love and explain the distinction between the absolute "Love" you are referring to and "love", the human emotion would clear up a lot of confusion. An in depth breakdown would be really helpful, going over objections like "how could torture be love?" will help people see where you are coming from here, assuming they can understand it. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

12 minutes ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

@Leo Gura

I think a follow up video to "What is truth" where you equate truth to love and explain the distinction between the absolute "Love" you are referring to and "love", the human emotion would clear up a lot of confusion. An in depth breakdown would be really helpful, going over objections like "how could torture be love?" will help people see where you are coming from here, assuming they can understand it. 

Leo covers that in the below video. I think Leo has gone to deeper, broader levels since then. The video below covers the Absolute and relative distinction and I think a lot of people would find it helpful in this area.

1 hour ago, Farnaby said:

This is precisely incorrect.

You guys need to appreciate that I am pointing to something deeper which you are as yet missing.

I would not make such a big deal out of this if it wasn't really fucking important.

Not all spiritual paths lead to the same place. Some paths and teachings lead deeper than others.

If I am emphasizing something to this degree, it's not a mere word game, it's something massive you're missing.

I can lead a donkey to water, but I cannot make you drink.

The word Love is used precisely because that's what it is. No other word is correct for this aspect of consciousness. To use other words just to appeal to egos would be a corruption of the highest truth.

This corruption comes from lack of understanding. The truth is just too radical for people to accept. Even so called enlightened people. They can still deny love.

How can God reveal itself to you when you are so adamant in denying it?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I can lead a donkey to water, but I cannot make you drink.

Come on. Having a pet donkey is cute and easy. It's more like trying to invent a cute robot in which you will later want to marry. How likely is this--very unlikely.

@Leo Gura Is the love / Love understanding analogous to perfect / Perfect? That is, Now = Everything = Perfect. Many people will disagree with this as the ego wants to put relative conditions on what is Perfect. "How can a car with flat tires be Perfect??!!". Yet this hijacks True Perfection for conditional perfection. In doing so, one cannot realize True Perfection. It seems like something similar is going on with True Love and conditional love - yet this may be even harder to realize since humans seem to be much more attached/identified to conditional love.

And yes, there will be many videos about loving coming soon.

It takes time to explain all these things methodically.

3 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

@Leo Gura Is the love / Love understanding analogous to perfect / Perfect? That is, Now = Everything = Perfect. Many people will disagree with this as the ego wants to put relative conditions on what is Perfect. "How can a car with flat tires be Perfect??!!". Yet this hijacks True Perfection for conditional perfection. In doing so, one cannot realize True Perfection. It seems like something similar is going on with True Love and conditional love - yet this may be even harder to realize since humans seem to be much more attached/identified to conditional love.

Yes. Perfection, Paradise, Heaven, etc.

But Love is yet distinct from Perfection.

You cannot reduce Love down to anything else, even though Love is identical to Truth / Being / Consciousness / Nothingness

There are aspects of the Absolute even though it is ONE.