winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, tsuki said:

No thought-story about the truth is it, but these stories can be of lesser or higher quality simply by the fact that they lay down less obstacles.

No.

It's a completely relative matter. We can't know what will click for anyone at all. Even the most obscure pointer could lead to enlightenment.

2 hours ago, tsuki said:

Hmmm?

God uses power all the time. In fact, God is Power; It's so much powerful that It doesn't even need to make an effort at all.

2 hours ago, tsuki said:

Egos are inferior to one another.

Again. Completely relative matter.

2 hours ago, tsuki said:

You are conflating development of the ego with enlightenment.
There are power-hungry, ruthless egos that want to trample on others' dignity for the sake of feeling superior.
There are also loving egos that want to share everything and spread love to the point where they are blind to themselves.
There is an infinite difference between the two, but it has little to do with enlightenment.
The only link is that the more loving egos have more incentive to seek it.

You're constantly creating separation. How is that closer to truth than what Mandy is saying?

Edited by Truth Addict

58 minutes ago, tsuki said:

Say what you have to say clearly.

And what does Mandy think?

I can't integrate the duality between the aloneness and togetherness of reality and was hoping you could help me. And in the asking of that I feel very vulnerable because maybe I am wrong, maybe I'm attached. It's easy for others to get stuck on a technique that helped them to see their nature and have a breakthrough, how are you to cope on your own if that wasn't a technique but a person?

Yesterday I was watching the river and there were these flies sort of bouncing along the surface as the river flowed beneath them and then my kid splashed them and I watched the drops of water merge and the flies scattered and just magically reappeared. Then we walked home and there across from the road the sun was straight ahead and it lit up all these flies that were dancing magically in the road as dragonflies ate them, and I saw that life itself is just a dance or movement and tricks of light. And it's as if to see the dance you have to stop moving and stay still and be the stillness that allows the dance to occur, but yet the stillness is incomplete, it is illusory separate from the dance, and you have to reenter the dance of survival and love.

Leo and Winterknight are both mostly correct in their perspectives and need to be integrated within oneness. People don't understand that therapy is not therapy, psychedelics are not psychedelics. Nothingness is not nothing and love is not love. 

36 minutes ago, Jed Vassallo said:

Has this horse been beaten enough?

It's Schrodinger's horse, as we ARE the horse and we are sadomasochists.

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

9 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

It's a completely relative matter. We can't know what will click for anyone at all. Even the most obscure pointer could lead to enlightenment.

No. By talking to someone I can tell his blind spots, so can you. If that weren't the case, development wouldn't be possible.
For example, your blind spot is that you are a solipsist.

Enlightenment is not random, but people/egos don't cause it. Going through it feels like the whole world was precisely engineered for this very moment when you realize it. You feel like the chosen one, but you have given up everything that is special about you already. That is why it is called grace, but it is grace that is given to you from yourself because you can't distinguish yourself from the world.

16 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

God uses power all the time. In fact, God is Power; It's so much powerful that It doesn't even need to make an effort at all.

No. God does not use power to control what is already present.
God has used his omnipotence to create the world out of love and this very love is the law that it obeys.
It took its own power away in the act of creation. 

God's authority is freedom. It is up to you seek it and to recognize it.
Seeing it is so difficult precisely because it is so fundamental that it is unthinkable for the truth to not be.

19 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

You're constantly creating separation. How is that closer to truth than what Mandy is saying?

Nonduality is not a philosophy of connection between beings. It is not a moral imperative to be a good person.
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the two of you, you are some of the best people that I know of. Keep being that person, we need more of you.
That isn't, however, enlightenment. Recognizing that fact lets you seek somewhere else, without losing what you already are.

That is the most profound thing about God. God is more you that you are yourself. Seeking it only enhances you.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

32 minutes ago, tsuki said:

Nonduality is not a philosophy of connection between beings. It is not a moral imperative to be a good person.
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the two of you, you are some of the best people that I know of. Keep being that person, we need more of you.
That isn't, however, enlightenment. Recognizing that fact lets you seek somewhere else, without losing what you already are.

That is the most profound thing about God. God is more you that you are yourself. Seeking it only enhances you.

If I had to choose between love or enlightenment, I'd choose love. Luckily, that's a not a choice I will have to make. of course you can deny that there are two paths and only choose to complete one. 

You either bare your fangs or your throat. There are some who cannot/will not bare their throats. The integration of Love and Enlightenment is knowing that the two roles are one act. You can't know that until you experience each role. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

No. By talking to someone I can tell his blind spots, so can you. If that weren't the case, development wouldn't be possible.

Development is a completely relative matter.

For example, your blind spot is that you are a solipsist.

???

Oh my God! What makes you think so?

Enlightenment is not random, but people/egos don't cause it.

Another separation. Everyone is already enlightened.

No. God does not use power to control what is already present.

God has used his omnipotence to create the world out of love and this very love is the law that it obeys.
It took its own power away in the act of creation. 

God's authority is freedom. It is up to you seek it and to recognize it.
Seeing it is so difficult precisely because it is so fundamental that it is unthinkable for the truth to not be.

Power is Love. Freedom is Love. All is God. And God is Love.

If it isn't God's power, then whose power is it?

Notice that in trying to understand God, you're constantly creating dualities.

I never said otherwise. I totally agree with this ?

We love you too. The difference is that we do that regardless of your rank, at least that's the case for me, I can't speak for Mandy. Ranking people is simply the most common way for creating separation. And no, we don't need anyone or anything other than what is and what will be.

I don't quite understand what you mean by this.

But I will say something though: The things that you said here are not wrong by any means. To me, they're just pointers that I have no interest in using anymore. They might be helpful to someone who is still stuck at some points on their paths.

My point is, if you think your pointers are true (i.e. You think that's what the truth is), then you're deluding yourself and still stuck in the 'seeking enlightenment' paradigm (one last obstacle on the path towards liberation). On the other hand, if you're using them as pointers while at the same time acknowledging that they're just pointers, not the truth, then ignore everything I said earlier.

After liberation, there's no more clinging to a certain worldview.

Edited by Truth Addict

33 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

I can't integrate the duality between the aloneness and togetherness of reality and was hoping you could help me. And in the asking of that I feel very vulnerable because maybe I am wrong, maybe I'm attached. It's easy for others to get stuck on a technique that helped them to see their nature and have a breakthrough, how are you to cope on your own if that wasn't a technique but a person?

I'm sorry. It was very irresponsible of me. I'm blaming myself because I should have foreseen the consequences even if I didn't know any better.

51 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

And it's as if to see the dance you have to stop moving and stay still and be the stillness that allows the dance to occur, but yet the stillness is incomplete, it is illusory separate from the dance, and you have to reenter the dance of survival and love.

You, as the ego, do not stop in stillness for the sake of being still.
You do so because you are enchanted with what you see.

The contact with the Divine is like that. Even if Ego dies, it returns revitalized.

15 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

If I had to choose between love or enlightenment, I'd choose love. Luckily, that's a not a choice I will have to make. of course you can deny that there are two paths and only choose to complete one. 

You're defending your love from an imaginary adversary. Take your love and go for God, but God ain't it despite how amazing love is.

16 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

You either bare your fangs or your throat. There are some who cannot/will not bare their throats. The integration of Love and Enlightenment is knowing that the two roles are one act. You can't know that until you experience each role. 

There are cutthroat egos and there are loving egos, but enlightenment isn't that.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

16 minutes ago, tsuki said:

I'm sorry. It was very irresponsible of me. I'm blaming myself because I should have foreseen the consequences even if I didn't know any better.

Sorry? Responsible? Blaming yourself? What sort of delusion of grandeur have you fallen into? 

11 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Maybe the Truth puts you into a infinite paradox loop between polarities/opposites/duality, and the only way out of the loop is to choose Love.

That's my experience..

You don't choose Love, Love is the very existential creative nature of reality. Your nose is Love, the cell phone is Love, the dump after you eat is Love... well, you get the whiff :D If it exists, it's Love whether you consent to it or not. Love is Being.

1 minute ago, Mikael89 said:

I disagree.

What is Love according to your understanding?

20 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

Development is a completely relative matter.

Another separation. Everyone is already enlightened.

Notice that in trying to understand God, you're constantly creating dualities.

You are very preoccupied with the fact that I'm 'creating dualities'.
My suspicion is that you're trying to show to me that egos do that and therefore I am an ego. Bingo. You are an ego too and it is not an insult.
Nondual truth cannot be communicated by creating dualities, but dualities can show you something you don't understand.
It's like dropping a stone into a well and hearing no splash. Did you hear the splash of my post?

27 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

The difference is that we do that regardless of your rank, at least that's the case for me

That is not a difference. The idea that one can love people only if there are no ranks or hierarchies is mistaken.
The one that is above serves the one that is below, the one that is below obeys the one that is above.

29 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

Ranking people is simply the most common way for creating separation. And no, we don't need anyone or anything other than what is and what will be.

You only think that because you think that all hierarchies are established through power and dominance. They are not.
The absolute relativism you're swimming in leads to passivity. You can do things for the benefit of others despite their protests.

31 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

On the other hand, if you're using them as pointers while at the same time acknowledging that they're just pointers, not the truth, then ignore everything I said earlier.

I will ?.

33 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

After liberation, there's no more clinging to a certain worldview.

This comes right back to your passivity in absolute relativism. The end of the path is not a negation.
Once you've negated all worldviews and doubted everything - you are exactly the right person to notice something undoubtable.

14 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

What sort of delusion of grandeur have you fallen into? 

I was just baring my throat.

@tsuki I got it. Too late to catch it.

ARRRGHHH!!!! 

You know though, if you just pretend to bare you throat to draw someone in, that's not actual surrender, it's a trick. 

8 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

You know though, if you just pretend to bare you throat to draw someone in, that's not actual surrender, it's a trick. 

Why are you afraid of me?

Edited by tsuki

29 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Relative truth (a experience).

Yes, that's love with the small 'l'.

Love in the Absolute sense is another word for Enlightenment, God, Liberation, etc. I personally wouldn't use that word, because it creates so much confusion among seekers.

26 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

All those are seen objects (relative truth). Who is the Seer?

You people keep making the same basic mistake over and over again.

I know what you mean and you'd have to go full circle to realize it for yourself.

@tsuki You're stronger, faster, smarter and we both know it, isn't fear a natural outcome? 

9 hours ago, Nivsch said:

What i miss in this process?

I head first real experience of awakening because of tough emotional period + the daniel m ingram book. After i read the equinimity paragraphe he read than i realized and the dots get connected and this is so special feeling!

But - the anxiety keep going and even got stronger and i dont know why. It has very dissapointed me. I start to think that equinimity and awakening is not enough to feel good. What I miss in order to feel better?

Because i HAD awakening experience this week it was so special. I understood all feeling are same and all moments also. Its feels like total equinimity exactly how its written in his book "the core teaching of the budha". So great thing i reached. But the anxiety just get stronger yesterday and ocd was 200 km/hr inside my jead. Like the awakening didnt really help!

It sounds to me like you missed the human aspect. Using sprituality to deal with your emotional issues is just spiritual bypassing.

I am myself, heaven and hell.

41 minutes ago, Natasha said:

You don't choose Love, Love is the very existential creative nature of reality. Your nose is Love, the cell phone is Love, the dump after you eat is Love... well, you get the whiff :D If it exists, it's Love whether you consent to it or not. Love is Being.

@Natasha I find it really hard to buy into the idea that everything is love. What about wars, intolerance, etc. In my direct experience they are more related to fear and anger than love. 

If you’re pointing to the Absolute, why put a label like love and not just call it “it” or “that what is, independent from any judgement or evaluation”.

40 minutes ago, tsuki said:

You are very preoccupied with the fact that I'm 'creating dualities'.
My suspicion is that you're trying to show to me that egos do that and therefore I am an ego. Bingo. You are an ego too and it is not an insult.

?

What makes you think so? I'm just trying to show you where you are being stuck in based on what you write, not based on my 'preoccupations'. I don't know anything about you, and I don't have anything against you. I'm literally just offering you the meta perspective.

I'm an ego, perhaps a very big one. Not only that I'm not ashamed of it. I actually take pride in being so. I have no shadow to hide (not literally though, cuz I still have some shadow issues).

Nondual truth cannot be communicated by creating dualities, but dualities can show you something you don't understand.

Yes. But I don't think you're doing very well communicating it. That's why I'm interfering.

The idea that one can love people only if there are no ranks or hierarchies is mistaken.

The one that is above serves the one that is below, the one that is below obeys the one that is above.

I agree ?

It seems we're on the same page here.

You only think that because you think that all hierarchies are established through power and dominance. They are not.

I don't think that. That's what it is. It takes different forms and works in different ways. Perhaps you haven't been observing carefully enough.

Could you provide one example for your claim?

The absolute relativism you're swimming in leads to passivity.

Assuming that that's true, what's wrong with passivity?

Your judgement of passivity strongly suggests that there's something deeper that you haven't covered yet.

You can do things for the benefit of others despite their protests.

I agree ?

This comes right back to your passivity in absolute relativism. The end of the path is not a negation.

Once you've negated all worldviews and doubted everything - you are exactly the right person to notice something undoubtable.

I agree ?

In fact, that's where I am right now. I've gone through the 'negation' phase and been done with it.

Edited by Truth Addict

1 minute ago, mandyjw said:

You're stronger, faster, smarter and we both know it, isn't fear a natural outcome? 

Thank you. Did realizing that open up the possibility for trust instead?
Vulnerability and surrender are important, but sometimes you need to do the right thing.
Pretending like everybody is absolutely equal denies that possibility, or at least creates a lot of inner conflict.