winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

I’m sorry, but I can’t help but giggle a bit that this was @winterknight’s AMA, and now Leo is answering seekers’ questions xD

59 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Love is at work even if you are torturing a puppy.

You know what, you always use these kind of examples for the awakening. In another thread, you said something like "selling your own mom into slavery." Let me tell you something; the one who suffers or who will suffer tremendously in life will be the one who will experience a real awakening. And, it will correlate with his/her life. It's like experiencing the saying of Jesus at the end of your life, "Jesus, when you show me this map of my life, I see that you were always walking beside me. I see your footprints walking right next to mine. So, why is it that during the darkest hour of my life, I was walking alone?" And, Jesus replied, "You were not walking alone; that's when I carried you. Those footprints are not yours; they're mine." The "being carried by Jesus part" represents Riding the Ox Backwards. Initially, your ego will think that a huge force is taking you back to yourself with love. And, this takes place during the hardest, most adverse time in your life. When you reflect back to this moment in your life, you will probably get a profound solution to your problem. It's up to you to pursue it, and when you do, things in your life may fall into place. It makes the saying, "Aim for the moon. If you miss, you'll be among the stars," very profound and beautiful to the ego.

The only barrier between you and YOU is you?

The barrier is essentially made of IS’ness itself so go figure?

Edited by Jack River

Oddly I am able to validate what Leo has shared via the reality video, Truth video, without accumulating any concepts at all. No books, no techniques other than dodging bullets out on the water in the form of waves(Risk of death). No real psychedelic trips other than a few shroom trips years ago. I say this to simply point out that what is said to the extent of his reference to reality as a endless amount of differences, imagination, truth, the ego-reality connection, capital T-truth as ISNESS, is all infact a direct experience realization. I don’t consider myself advanced at all either. This stuff is right front of YOUR nose and is directly experienced, whether you’re able to discern between direct experienced and the conceptual veil is the determining factor in SEEING with the ? as opposed to located i. 

Edited by Jack River

Anyway...isn’t the notion of God, Truth, Love mentioned in advaita? 

1 hour ago, Key Elements said:

You know what, you always use these kind of examples for the awakening.

Because if I don't explicitly use such examples people will not understand that torture is Love. The ego will make exceptions to unconditional love, treating "evil" things as evidence that Love isn't unconditional. The fact is, anything which seems like it's not love is a lack of holistic consciousness and a judgment of the ego-mind.

When something happens to you in life which you hate, and you want to say, "But that's not love, that's evil." Be aware that in that moment, your vision is clouded by self-bias. You hate that thing because it conflicts with your survival agenda, not because it isn't Love.

In another thread, you said something like "selling your own mom into slavery."

That was said ironically, in jest.

48 minutes ago, Jack River said:

Anyway...isn’t the notion of God, Truth, Love mentioned in advaita? 

There are many ways to corrupt even the highest of spiritual teachings.

Be careful to distinguish Advaita from Neo-Advaita. Neo-Advaita is a watered-down Western version which is popular nowadays on Youtube and elsewhere online because it is so simple and easy, but which grossly oversimplifies what enlightenment is. Neo-Advaita is dangerous.

Remember, all spiritual teachings get corrupted on a regular basis and very few people truly understand the full depth of the highest teachings. They stop far short because the methods they use are not very effective and they have no other way of knowing what they are missing. This is precisely where psychedelics become indispensable. Psychedelics can show you new aspects of awakening which you would have probably missed.

If you think you've reached the end, chances are you're fooling yourself. So just be careful. Don't hesitate to dig deeper.

The irony here is that there's not real contradiction. It's just a matter of depth and comprehensiveness of understanding.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If you think you've reached the end, chances are you're fooling yourself. So just be careful. Don't hesitate to dig deeper.

Surely, then, you don't think you've reached the end?

It's Love.

3 minutes ago, RendHeaven said:

Surely, then, you don't think you've reached the end?

I'm quite sure I have not reached the end.

But at the same time, there are things I have realized which cannot be forgotten or denied. God & Love are two such things.

@Leo Gura Ah indeed. 

32 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

There are many ways to corrupt even the highest of spiritual teachings.

Be careful to distinguish Advaita from Neo-Advaita. Neo-Advaita is a watered-down Western version which is popular nowadays on Youtube and elsewhere online because it is so simply and easy, but which grossly oversimplifies what enlightenment is. Neo-Advaita is dangerous.

Remember, all spiritual teachings get corrupted on a regular basis and very few people truly understand the full depth of the highest teachings. They stop far short because the methods they use are not very effective and they have no other way of knowing what they are missing. This is precisely where psychedelics become indispensable. Psychedelics can show you new aspects of awakening which you would have probably missed.

The irony here is that there's not real contradiction. It's just a matter of depth and comprehensiveness of understanding.

Thanks for the advaita response..understood and I agree. 

To me there being an end just seems silly and another reward of ego. I’m not really into that. I enjoy connecting the dots of understanding of that which is directly experienced. Through direct experience allows me to be naturally OPEN. Unconditionally available to embrace all means/experiences as a means to further explore MYSELF.

Im meeting you my friend..Appreciate your response as well??

Edited by Jack River

6 minutes ago, Jack River said:

To me there being an end just seems silly and another reward of ego.

But also be open to the possibility of there being an end.

The truth is you just don't know if there is an end or not -- until you do.

I am open to it being endless. I am open to it having an end. Either way is fine with me. My aim is just to explore it and see how deep it goes.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

But also be open to the possibility of there being an end.

The truth is you just don't know if there is an end or not -- until you do.

Indeed..ah yes..I see that trap as well. As that could be another subtle trap. ? 

Edited by Jack River

The conclusion of I’ve arrived or not would be second order anyhow so yeah...

But yeah...not over till it’s over?

Edited by Jack River

@winterknight

I would like to say that I appreciate the help you gave people here in explaining self-inquiry.

And you are welcome back on this forum once you rediscover that you are God and you are Love.

Sjbdiajthjxknsns k cmnskekdmbfbsnsmdm d jekeidnmemdnfnennr t deme djaktiidifienrnnrksllskfidoodke 

@Leo Gura

Have you considered that all this talk about love and fireworks is result of taking psychodelics and don't have much to do with enlightement which is simply what is ? 

14 minutes ago, wavydude said:

@Leo Gura

Have you considered that all this talk about love and fireworks is result of taking psychodelics and don't have much to do with enlightement which is simply what is ? 

Love is simply what is.

If you are a serious student of spiritual texts and teachings, you know that the best of them talk about love. It has nothing to do with fireworks or psychedelics. Psychedelics simply show you your deepest nature -- if you have the courage to look at yourself in your rawest form.

The reason some of guys have a hard time buying this whole love business it because you're still thinking of reality from the materialist paradigm. This paradigm can extremely subtle, such that even people who have an awakening or two -- such as Sam Harris -- still have not transcended it. According to materialism, the universe must be neutral, impersonal, and devoid of any sentimentality. This is a hyper-logical, hyper-masculine, reductionistic way of understanding reality. And it is untrue.

Consciousness is Love. It is not dumb matter or energy or even "simply what is". What is, is LOVE! And why it is, is LOVE!

Be careful not to underestimate God's goodness. That is the key mistake here. God is not neutral as you might assume.

27 minutes ago, wavydude said:

@Leo Gura

God is love does not mean God cannot murder or torture. The word "love" is very misleading here, but nevertheless, true.

Focus more on what is, the rest will unfold for you naturally.