winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

I agree with winterknight's techniques. I think his self inquiry guides is similar to going to the roots of contemplation. Then he talks about surrender. The only thing I disagree with is that you need someone else to analyse you instead of you doing it yourself. 

Leo, is a hypocrite. Your latest video is a bit dissapointing. I thought you're really into truth. Turns out it's just a play. Scaffolding. Without an objective wants for Truth. 

Anyway, what I notice is, psychedelic doesn't make a person understand truth. It's not truth. You can take Leo for what he read & research. But not the drug's insights. It is unreliable. I trust his intellect more. Some of his content last year was much better.

Psychedelic is tricky. It can make you deluded. I think it depends on the person's 'foundation'. But nevertheless, it's creating a barrier between you and God. 

While winterknight's approach, will actually make you learn things the hard way. Step by step. Without skipping the process. 

33 minutes ago, tsuki said:

@Leo Gura @winterknight

This is outrageous. I am thoroughly disappointed with the two of you.
If awakening has many degrees, then using the word 'delusion' towards a person that is halfway awake is a profanity.
We need more people that are 'deluded' like Leo or winterkinght, not less. Stop being territorial for God's sake!

Let me add to this:

It is admirable that the two of you have the courage to stand by what you know to be true, but it is outrageous that once given the opportunity to discuss your differences you resolve it this way. @winterknight is sincere when he calls psychedelics a distraction and is true to himself. Given the fact that he is at the very least an advanced seeker and a teacher, wouldn't it be appropriate @Leo Gura to dedicate some effort for a proper discussion? We could all benefit from this. You have undoubtedly earned a lot of trust here Leo and asking winterknight to leave undermines a lot of it.

Conversely, it is admirable @winterknight that you are speaking your heart despite the possibility of being outcasted, but to accept it just like that contradicts your sincerity.

Please, talk this through.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@d0ornokey I have. I am not and have never been against psychedelics as a part of the path, on the contrary.
What I am against is wounded egos deciding to resolve their conflicts this way.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

6 hours ago, How to be wise said:

I would suggest you ignore Leo and continue this thread. 

Yes.

Leo will not cut his nose off to spite his face, that's my prediction. 

This will all blow over. 

Awakening to enlightenment isn't easy to teach. There will be disagreements once you say it. I kind of knew this would happen. I like how it's told in the Ten Ox Herding Pics. It's all metaphoric. You will understand it only if you had an awakening. When it comes to life purpose, just tell it as a cunning story, the way it happened step-by-step according to you. I plan to do this. It will reflect your life in a profound way. It does correlate with your life. It will "bless" you with answers.

"non duality wars not allowed here"

Both Leo and winter Knight should be banned. ?

8 hours ago, winterknight said:

I'm talking about something which destroys the notion of all 'degrees' or 'facets' or 'awakening to' things. This is the only freedom. The rest is dream garbage.

This attitude is overly-simplistic, overly-reductionistic, & misses a giant swath of the spiritual terrain.

To teach spirituality and not teach the metaphysical nature of Love is incorrect not only from the standpoint of doing your students a disservice, but also from the standpoint of Truth itself.

By shutting off your mind through self-inquiry, you've disconnected yourself from the very source and purpose of existence and awakening: LOVE. Love is not an emotion or feeling. Love is identical to Truth.

This is the danger of Neo-Advaita and Neo-Buddhism as commonly taught in the West today. The nuances and depth of awakening is lost, reduced to a binary flatland.

I have interacted with many enlightened masters. I was once told of the following case: A modern day Buddhist came to an enlightenment self-inquiry intensive, inquirying into the question of What am I? After a few days of intense inquiry he had an awakening to Absolute Love. But he immediately rejected the awakening as inauthentic because his Buddhist dogma led them to believe that Love is not a real thing. He was trapped in looking for Nothingness. This is a mistake. The Love is right there, yet you deny it.

We are not really in disagreement here. There are just aspects of the Absolute you have not yet become conscious of because you've over-reduced it.

I understand that some of you guys will disagree with me. But I can only lead you as best as I know how. Whether you want to follow is up to you. Nothing said here should be taken as dogma. Discover the many facets of the Absolute for yourself. Directly! Through no human source.

P.S. I have no problem with you guys doing psychoanalysis. My only point was that psychedelics will take you deeper than any talk-therapy will. But of course you're welcome to use them both. I support the use of multiple tools.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Actually, I have decided to unlock this thread so those of you who wish to vent can do so here. I imagine many will want to do so.

If you have objections to the truth of God and Love, air your doubts and grievances with me now because going forward, God and Love will be the teaching. This is not something we can just sweep under the rug.

Speak now or forever hold your peace.

@Leo Gura I have been asking lately what is love? . Because all I know about love is this energetic fulfilling alien refreshing feeling. But if all these things are dualities , what is love then? . Are these feeling made by God to  make me go this way until I really discover what love is . So that they are not really want love is .

18 minutes ago, ahmad ibdah said:

@Leo Gura I have been asking lately what is love? . Because all I know about love is this energetic fulfilling alien refreshing feeling. But if all these things are dualities , what is love then? . Are these feeling made by God to  make me go this way until I really discover what love is . So that they are not really want love is .

Love is everything that has ever "physically" occurred, that you have ever known, seen, or felt. Love is every "physical" object.

Love is Nothing.

26 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Actually, I have decided to unlock this thread so those of you who wish to vent can do so here. I imagine many will want to do so.

If you have objections to the truth of God and Love, air your doubts and grievances with me now because going forward, God and Love will be the teaching. This is not something we can just sweep under the rug.

Took you long enough :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

14 hours ago, tsuki said:

I don't want to disagree with you for the sake of disagreement, but I think that is what I call a highly evolved Ego.
As the ego climbs the Maslow's hierarchy of needs, it reaches the apex where the pyramid inverts and transcendence begins. The ego does not need anything from the world and understands that progress is only attained by extinguishing itself. Late stages of this state that are furthered by practice seem like what is describing.

?

I think we're talking about the same thing. After all, all of those terms (authentic self, ego, highly evolved ego) refer to God, only in various disguises.

What I want to say is that God is not personal. It is a self only in a metaphoric sense. 

It is the self of all selves. The self of the ego, but also the self of the world.
The same God lies at the bottom of the individual and at the top of the 'objective reality'.

I think you're saying that God is also personal. In that case, I agree. Because it's not possible to separate the personal from the impersonal.

We must understand suffering in a different way then. Suffering is the divergence from the present moment.

It is a simultaneous occurrence of two realities that create a rip, tension, contraction, in your being.
By willful, active, imagination you are extending, stretching your 'soul' (consciousness, light) and losing the grip of what you are.
It has nothing to do with pleasure or pain, with poverty or abundance. You cannot desire what is already here..

That sounds more like evolution/growth/giving birth than suffering ;)

Mature egos (in the sense of the previous paragraphs) desire to not desire.

It is also a form of suffering, but it's superior in the sense that it is stable. It guides you to freedom.

And what comes next after freedom?

I suspect that there's a subtle form of resistance to desire in the previous paragraph. I suppose it's the same form of resistance to embracing being an ego.

Without resistance, all that remains is freedom. Even resistance, if any, becomes freedom. That's liberation 

I love you man :x. You are one of my favorite people.

I really abhor the fact that it is so easy to overlook just how different juvenile egos are from the mature ones.
Even if non-dualists that are not fully enlightened are in fact egoic, the difference between them and 'ordinary people' is immense.
The best testimony to this difference is the fact that 'spiritual egos' can actually be shamed and hurt by being called 'egos', while the non-spiritual ones can't.

Cheers.

I love you too ❤️? (I hope it doesn't sound awkward lol ?)

Egos are beautiful! Aren't they? Whether mature or juvenile. They're your creation. They're perfect!

@Leo Gura You made me rewrite this post. Thanks a lot ?

But yeah, I think your maps are way better than other maps, as long as they're combined together ?

@Leo Gura what about what I am experiencing and referring to it as love? What is this ?? Is this just the basic level of understanding love? 

1 minute ago, ahmad ibdah said:

@Leo Gura what about what I am experiencing and referring to it as love? What is this ?? Is this just the basic level of understanding love? 

Love is being. Whatever is, is love.

19 minutes ago, ahmad ibdah said:

Conventional human love, like romantic love, or love for your family, is like the tip of an infinite iceberg. You are conscious enough to realize love for only certain objects which serve your ego's survival. But once the ego is fully dissolved you realize that conventional human love was merely the tip of the iceberg. Then you realize that EVERYTHING is love.

The deepest love you have for your family is the love God has for all of its creation. You as a limited human feel a tiny portion of that universal unconditional love. Most of the time you are disconnected from it because you are disconnected from yourself as God.

If you were fully conscious that you are God, your love would be infinite and totally unconditional. You would not even be able to think of anything other than love.

Love is an Absolute and has no opposite. Feeling love is not necessary for Love to be at work. Love is at work even if you are torturing a puppy.

There is nothing you can do to shake God's love. You can be the most evil, egotistical, deluded person of all time, and God will still love you.

44 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

My judgement is very specific. As in ,

Psychedelic vs psychoanalysis   as a tool ~~

But because i'm a muslim, both will create a barrier between me and God.