winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, AlldayLoop said:

“With great power comes great responsibility”. 

Great point. And, the "power" doesn't come the way we expected.

@kieranperez Thank you for your well thought out statement. I could really relate to what you said. Maybe Actualized could extend its reach to those with traumas/mental disorders so that they don’t feel left out (perhaps a teacher hired by Leo to work closely with the current Actualized content and have its own channel). 

As I’ve said before there are many of us who do want the help and are willing to do the work, but we aren’t being guided properly.

48 minutes ago, AlldayLoop said:

@kieranperez Thank you for your well thought out statement. I could really relate to what you said. Maybe Actualized could extend its reach to those with traumas/mental disorders so that they don’t feel left out (perhaps a teacher hired by Leo to work closely with the current Actualized content and have its own channel). 

As I’ve said before there are many of us who do want the help and are willing to do the work, but we aren’t being guided properly.

Leo can’t just all of a sudden do that. That’s not how it works. The real problem in people’s epistemic openness is really a unconscious prejudice that needs to be dealt with regarding shadows (or the unconscious mind or whatever else you wanna call it). That requires actual training in helping people and facilitation. You don’t just love your prejudices away and often that can’t just make your shadow (or split/sub personality) that much more dominant.

This is where @winterknight is right. You have to actually learn that specific discipline or add/invent new ways through new distinctions on top of the old. There are people like that.

Also I want to add this... EVERYBODY has trauma. EVERYBODY has a shadow. You do. I do. Leo does. Everybody does. You don’t ever not have a shadow. Hell, you can even see here all the time (as much as I would love to name key names I won’t). Everybody points out each other’s projections and blind spots and nothing gets done. Why? Because they’re blind to them! You can’t fix what you can’t see.  Much less don’t want to see. People will say silly things like “be mindful of your projections” lol as though thats what gets it done. Glimpses of Truth and just higher meditative states are shown to actually make unconscious repressions suppressions worse. Not better. Not more integrate. This is not even talking about the trauma we all have which is what makes the discipline of inquiry and meditation and yoga so damn hard. 

On 11/9/2018 at 0:20 PM, Leo Gura said:

Why is there something rather than nothing?

That really is the most profound question anyone can ask.  The problem is nothingness is a man-made concept, because nothingness has never existed. 

12 hours ago, Truth Addict said:

No. I actually think that the authentic self is more of an animalistic natural kind of self. A self that is incapable of creating and identifying with thoughts. Therefore, a self that is unable of creation. Creation requires the ego (I mean practical creations, science and anything that aims at survival in general).

I don't want to disagree with you for the sake of disagreement, but I think that is what I call a highly evolved Ego.
As the ego climbs the Maslow's hierarchy of needs, it reaches the apex where the pyramid inverts and transcendence begins. The ego does not need anything from the world and understands that progress is only attained by extinguishing itself. Late stages of this state that are furthered by practice seem like what is describing.

What I want to say is that God is not personal. It is a self only in a metaphoric sense. 
It is the self of all selves. The self of the ego, but also the self of the world.
The same God lies at the bottom of the individual and at the top of the 'objective reality'.

Yes and no.

Desire is limitation, but it's not necessarily suffering. To realise that, it requires further integration. Suffering is optional. Desire is not. With even further integration, it's realised that limitation = freedom.

So, desire = freedom.

We must understand suffering in a different way then. Suffering is the divergence from the present moment.
It is a simultaneous occurrence of two realities that create a rip, tension, contraction, in your being.
By willful, active, imagination you are extending, stretching your 'soul' (consciousness, light) and losing the grip of what you are.
It has nothing to do with pleasure or pain, with poverty or abundance. You cannot desire what is already here.

Mature egos (in the sense of the previous paragraphs) desire to not desire.
It is also a form of suffering, but it's superior in the sense that it is stable. It guides you to freedom.

I really love this conversation

I love you man :x. You are one of my favorite people.
I really abhor the fact that it is so easy to overlook just how different juvenile egos are from the mature ones.
Even if non-dualists that are not fully enlightened are in fact egoic, the difference between them and 'ordinary people' is immense.
The best testimony to this difference is the fact that 'spiritual egos' can actually be shamed and hurt by being called 'egos', while the non-spiritual ones can't.

Cheers.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

14 hours ago, Truth Addict said:

Desire is limitation, but it's not necessarily suffering. To realise that, it requires further integration. Suffering is optional. Desire is not. With even further integration, it's realised that limitation = freedom.

So, desire = freedom.

And if you take the concept of limitation out of desire, it becomes freedom which gives birth to art or creation, and the joke is it happens... within limitation. There's a difference between daydreaming desire and thirst desire. One implies creation and one implies lack. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

On 8/18/2019 at 6:28 PM, winterknight said:

If you don’t understand why it is that there is no God, no Love, and indeed no such thing as realization or enlightenment, you have much farther to go.

You are wrong.

You have simply not awoken to what God or Love are.

Emptiness is, ironically, just one facet of a much deeper thing which you have yet to access. You have not accessed it because self-inquiry is not a very effective tool to get there. And these various Buddhist and Neo-advaitan approaches which are popular today are fundamentally dogmatic and shallow. The realization of Emptiness and No-self is just the beginning of this work, which you have mistaken for the end.

If you are not conscious that you are God and that you are imagining all of physical reality, your awakening is skin deep. And if you are not conscious that Truth and Love are identical, again, your awakening is skin deep.

Everything I say here on this matter I have personally verified and become directly conscious of. And so have others before me.

I have told you guys many times, you don't understand how deep this goes.

If you do not want to follow my teachings to God and Love, then this is not the right place for you. This is not something I will compromise on. There is enough ignorance around here as it is to have to deal with supposedly awake people who deny God and Love. You can fool yourself, but you ain't foolin me.

God's eye is watching you.

You are being guided here to something far deeper than you yet understand. If you doubt that, by all means, do your own thing or follow some other teacher.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@winterknight

Thousands of saints and masters who have meditated and practiced way longer than you did have experienced God and Love as the ultimate truth. Thousands!!. And yet you are ready to ignore all of that. 

Experiencing a fact of the truth is something but to say Love or God doesn't exist, this requires a direct experience of its nonexistance. And I am sure you didn't experience that.

43 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If you do not want to follow my teachings to God and Love, then this is not the right place for you. This is not something I will compromise on.

I hope you're not suggesting that he leave this community simply because he doesn't agree with you.

19 minutes ago, Beginner Mind said:

I hope you're not suggesting that he leave this community simply because he doesn't agree with you.

Unfortunately this is no minor disagreement. This goes against the core of my highest teaching.

My highest teaching is:

1) You are God

2) Truth = Love

This is what I am guiding you guys to realize.

I don't want this teaching corrupted or made shallow with neo-Advaita or Buddhism or some Jed McKenna silliness.

What I teach is distinct from all that.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

You are wrong.

You have simply not awoken to what God or Love are.

Emptiness is, ironically, just one facet of a much deeper thing which you have yet to access. You have not accessed it because self-inquiry is not a very effective tool to get there. And these various Buddhist and Neo-advaitan approaches which are popular today are fundamentally dogmatic and shallow. The realization of Emptiness and No-self is just the beginning of this work, which you have mistaken for the end.

If you are not conscious that you are God and that you are imagining all of physical reality, your awakening is skin deep. And if you are not conscious that Truth and Love are identical, again, your awakening is skin deep.

Everything I say here on this matter I have personally verified and become directly conscious of. And so have others before me.

I have told you guys many times, you don't understand how deep this goes.

If you do not want to follow my teachings to God and Love, then this is not the right place for you. This is not something I will compromise on. There is enough ignorance around here as it is to have to deal with supposedly awake people who deny God and Love. You can fool yourself, but you ain't foolin me.

God's eye is watching you.

You are being guided here to something far deeper than you yet understand. If you doubt that, by all means, do your own thing or follow some other teacher.

I appreciate what you've done in allowing me to reach out to people here. For that, I thank you.

That said, buddy, you are profoundly deluded. You have no idea what you are talking about. I'm not talking about emptiness and no-self. I'm talking about something which destroys the notion of all 'degrees' or 'facets' or 'awakening to' things. This is the only freedom. The rest is dream garbage.

This is the sole and only realization. It is not even that. It is not merely intellectual neo-advaita stuff. It is the direct truth. 

You are in the grips of massive narcissistic, egotistical self-deception fueled by delusions of grandeur from psychedelics and from being worshipped unconditionally on this community. It's actually quite a problem. It is going to lead you years or perhaps lifetimes off the true path if you don't take care of it.

If you ever want to talk about it, reach out and I will help you without judgment or a grudge.

I'm going to take this cue to leave this community and thread, which I'd been contemplating for a while anyway.

If anyone wants to reach me -- come to my website. Adios.

Edited by winterknight

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

my 2 cents

both @Leo Gura & @winterknight do not ultimately disagree on what the TRUTH is...

it is just the talk about how to utilize this realization.

with Leo, he talks about the knowledge of your real self as out of this world (like a dreamer to his dream) and in that knowing, working towards actualizing yourself - all of which is really still an illusion, but it's the betterment and GOOD with a capital G as Leo says it, for YOUR world.

with WKnight, he talks about things as they are. as they really ultimately are. no do-er. no here, no there, no God. because what is God... isn't God = to what Leo talked about in his latest video... saying there is a God is like 1+1 = 3

yes, KNOWING what God is pointing to is key. that is a pointer to the TRUTH. 

and that, i think is the dance which is happening here.

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

@Leo Gura @winterknight

This is outrageous. I am thoroughly disappointed with the two of you.
If awakening has many degrees, then using the word 'delusion' towards a person that is halfway awake is a profanity.
We need more people that are 'deluded' like Leo or winterkinght, not less. Stop being territorial for God's sake!

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@winterknight I’m going to side with you on this one. I know what you’re talking about. Leo has been tripped up by spiritual concepts, the most dangerous concepts there are. God, Love and Truth are just more thoughts. Once they are fully dissolved, what remains is just Reality itself, with no qualities. 

With that being said, aren’t you overreacting a little bit by storming off this forum. Just because Leo disagrees with you, doesn’t mean you can’t carry on preaching. I would suggest you ignore Leo and continue this thread. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie