winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, passerby said:

@winterknight Do you think that one of psychedelics main usefulness is in complete beginners? because myself and my 'spiritual sidekick' (best friend) when we both decided to start meditating, we didn't really benefit from it at all for like 6 months, then one day, we both took some shrooms, and boom its like it all just clicked and now we are so much farther then where we were before. (its like we received out Personalized meditation guidance downloaded directly into our brains. better than listening to all the teachers in the world)

Like some people say, psychedelics can give you the first glimpse of the direction you need to go, then you can go there yourself, and maybe take more glimpses when you need them?

Yes I think this is often the case. 

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

18 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

No therapy session will come close to the healing power of one solid trip. Not even in the same ballpark.

Very true for me, 2 trips helped me far more than 1 year of psychotherapy

If you don't mind to answer metaphysical questions from your perspective?

1. Is consciousness and being two same thing, two sides of the same coin, or are they different.

2. What is God? Is God = Being?

3. What is devil? Does it exist in reality?

4. What is faith and how to get it? You mentioned faith in one of your youtube videos

5. What is will or will-power? And how to get it? in other words, how to be in total control of yourself, of own behaviour.

Thanks

Edited by Monkey-man

1 hour ago, Monkey-man said:

If you don't mind to answer metaphysical questions from your perspective?

1. Is consciousness and being two same thing, two sides of the same coin, or are they different.

2. What is God? Is God = Being?

3. What is devil? Does it exist in reality?

4. What is faith and how to get it? You mentioned faith in one of your youtube videos

5. What is will or will-power? And how to get it? in other words, how to be in total control of yourself, of own behaviour.

Thanks

1 - that depends on your definitions and context. Ultimately truth is beyond all words and concepts

2 - again a matter of definitions. Traditionally in Vedanta God is the creator,  but Self is beyond even that manifest creator.

3 - if a creator God exists, then yes the devil could be said to exist too. But in fact both are ultimately illusions. Or we could say the devil exists as ignorance. But ignorance itself doesn’t ultimately exist, even though as a seeker you must act as if it does

4 - spiritual reading and the company of the wise. Becoming more emotionally honest about what you want and feel

5 - this is not a good or possible goal. Be honest about what you want, not to control yourself

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

@winterknight Do you think that a real, embodied realization of non-doership is sufficient for enlightenment?  There was a spiritual teacher named Ramesh Balsekar who made this claim.  For him, enlightenment is simply the end of suffering, and the end of suffering is the realization that you are not the doer.

13 hours ago, winterknight said:

And therapy is a relational-symbolic activity, that teaches how to be in the world, a skill that, like playing the violin, cannot be had through a drug, no matter how much one may wish it were so.

You are missing a lot of depth and breadth of psychedelics. It hasn’t been revealed to you, yet that doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. You are unaware that you are unaware of facets of psychedelics. 

Imagine being every master violinist that has ever lived and is currently living. How could any individual violinist be a better teacher than this universal master violinist of all teachers? This universal master violinist would be by far the best teacher to teach itself how to play the violin. And this is a limited version that a human mind may be able to imagine. It gets even more radical . . .  Just because you can’t imagine this, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. It means it hasn’t been revealed to you through direct experience. As such, a mind may have a contracted state in which it is unaware of what it is unaware of. Yet a few of us are aware of what I am pointing to. And more will become aware as time goes on. This is much more radical than you realize.

20 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

You are missing a lot of depth and breadth of psychedelics. It hasn’t been revealed to you, yet that doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. You are unaware that you are unaware of facets of psychedelics. 

Imagine being every master violinist that has ever lived and is currently living. How could any individual violinist be a better teacher than this universal master violinist of all teachers? This universal master violinist would be by far the best teacher to teach itself how to play the violin. And this is a limited version that a human mind may be able to imagine. It gets even more radical . . .  Just because you can’t imagine this, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. It means it hasn’t been revealed to you through direct experience. As such, a mind may have a contracted state in which it is unaware of what it is unaware of. Yet a few of us are aware of what I am pointing to. And more will become aware as time goes on. This is much more radical than you realize.

Great, so use a psychedelic and learn a language instantly that you didn’t know before using this universal teacher. There’s a whole lot of intense self-deception about psychedelics here, that’s what I see.

Edited by winterknight

42 minutes ago, Beginner Mind said:

@winterknight Do you think that a real, embodied realization of non-doership is sufficient for enlightenment?  There was a spiritual teacher named Ramesh Balsekar who made this claim.  For him, enlightenment is simply the end of suffering, and the end of suffering is the realization that you are not the doer.

I think you asked and I answered this above, but in a nutshell if the realization is merely verbal it’s not enough. If the realization is more than merely verbal, then sure, but by the same token such a realization goes beyond all concepts, including non-doership.

@winterknight So your knowing of God is conceptual. You Just teach vedantic Concepts of God. 

Many of these Concepts are quite damaging for psychology of students If accepted on blind faith. 

Actual realization of God is Actual realization of God. Has nothing to do with Concepts and philosophies. 

You Can become it actually in full glory and You Will realize That in many ways You mislead honest seekers. 

God is all on positive side. But Who am I to tell. 

5 minutes ago, Ero said:

How do you verify that something is a self-deception or that it is not? 

Well, there’s never a perfect way, but one measure is, like I said, objectively observable results. The claims that people are making here are not just of internal states but of grand changes that ought to be externally observable.

Psychedelics can no doubt be beneficial and powerful... but the sort of unbridled adoration of them, the belief that they’re a replacement for all other emotional and spiritual work, makes no theoretical sense and has no evidence for it.

@winterknight See again. "Theoretical sense" all small egoic mind. 

Can You realize how all these teachings and your knowladge are binding You into a self created maze You Can not escape. Even your refusal to answer me is sign of big ego. 

Drop all of this. 

Finish your Spiritual path. You haven't done it so and You refuse to surrender your ego. 

Do YOU really have anything to lose? 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

28 minutes ago, winterknight said:

Great, so use a psychedelic and learn a language instantly that you didn’t know before using this universal teacher. There’s a whole lot of intense self-deception about psychedelics here, that’s what I see.

Of course that’s what it would look like. Pre/Trans fallacy.

Grounding oneself to a literal, rational, objectivist framework will limit themself to that framework. One will ask for proof at the level of this framework. That is like a scientist asking for proof of the immaterial through material scientific evidence. One must transcend that level.

Psycho-therapy and analysis has a lot of practical value in the year 2019. Some of us are exploring many years ahead of our time. Traditional therapeutic modalities currently have a lot of value, yet they will get transcended in time. 

7 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Of course that’s what it would look like. Pre/Trans fallacy.

Grounding oneself to a literal, rational, objectivist framework will limit themself to that framework. One will ask for proof at the level of this framework. That is like a scientist asking for proof of the immaterial through material scientific evidence. One must transcend that level.

You can be as proof-less as you want as long as you’re talking about pure subjectivity. As soon as you start talking about how some things change other things, you’re making claims about the material, one way or the other. And if those claims cannot be demonstrated in any way, that’s self-deception.

39 minutes ago, winterknight said:

I think you asked and I answered this above, but in a nutshell if the realization is merely verbal it’s not enough. If the realization is more than merely verbal, then sure, but by the same token such a realization goes beyond all concepts, including non-doership.

My bad, I must've missed that post.  Thanks for your answer.

self deception is thinking That Reality is objective and Can be quantified. 

What reality is, is Pure Limitless Love and Perfection as God is. 

But You are enlightened master, and That is exactly the thing That prevents You to go deeper  with this work. But You do not want to see this because it will break your mind completely. 

No mind comes naturally shouldn't be forced in any way. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

4 minutes ago, winterknight said:

And if those claims cannot be demonstrated in any way, that’s self-deception.

The problem here is with “any way”. You mean in a way that satisfies you. 

There are things you are unaware of regarding psychedelics. You will not be satisfied with what I say. That is your prerogative. You are your own authority. 

Cmon Source bring me mushrooms never tried them. 

That's the attitude! ❤️?‍♂️

Open mind and himility and Yes some fun along the way. ? Unicorns and stuff like that. 

God is aaaaaaall Good. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity