winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

56 minutes ago, Arhattobe said:

This causes a high degree of cognitive dissonance in the newly awakened person. Which can be solved by clinging onto one’s seeing and refusing to acknowledge one’s cognitive dissonance. Merely dismissing it as mind and “remaining as you are”. Which stunts further growth and does not allow for further development. 

Oh boy, this is what's happening to me... 

Edited by Gili Trawangan

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

On 8/13/2019 at 0:14 AM, winterknight said:

Only the one who chooses has to decide on what basis to choose. But are you the chooser? If you are not the chooser, these questions will not arise. The question of a value reference arises only when there is a chooser.

It is not possible for people to look at things with utter equanimity. Equanimity means there is no looking, no choosing. 

Thanks. Yeah I get that this is like trying to explain colour to the blind, but I'm still curious. So there's no chooser nor the chosen, so who or what is reading this or replying to this as opposed to doing something else? Is it as natural as a heart beating without any conscious input? Or is it that you automatically focus on what is in front of you? If there are 10 physical objects in front of you, where does your focus go first? Or is it all in focus at the same time?

I'm wondering if this is similar to my personal experience in terms of food. After some 3-4 years of jounalling, reading, exercising, etc. I started feeling really good about myself and I found that I've lost most of my cravings. I 'feel nothing' when sugary foods I craved earlier are lain in front of me. Also I just stopped feeling hungry in the evenings. It's not really my 'decision' to resist hunger or sugar, but it just happens. I also started eating certain foods I despised earlier. I also noticed that I don't really have a 'like' or 'dislike' when it comes to food anymore. They keep varying everyday depending on the weather. However, this for me, is limited to food. 

Also, thank you for this thread and sharing your time. 

@Paul92 The fact is you speak about stuff you don't consciously understand, judging from theory land and hearsay and that's how it is supposed to be.

-Yo dude LA is lit, have you ever been there?

(you)- LA is a human construct, blablabla...

Do you see the absardity of that statement?

Now replace LA with Truth and ta-da!

Your cup is just not empty and thats how the mind works to mask our inherent not-knowing.

You can either go or not go but it IS and it Will always BE ;) 

17 minutes ago, rNOW said:

Thanks. Yeah I get that this is like trying to explain colour to the blind, but I'm still curious. So there's no chooser nor the chosen, so who or what is reading this or replying to this as opposed to doing something else? Is it as natural as a heart beating without any conscious input? Or is it that you automatically focus on what is in front of you? If there are 10 physical objects in front of you, where does your focus go first? Or is it all in focus at the same time?

Also, thank you for this thread and sharing your time. 

The closest analogy — though it’s far from perfect — is when you’re doing something, say, driving, and then you look up and you’re suddenly at your destination. You don’t quite remember having gotten there. You zoned out.

So apply all your above questions to that situation. Who was driving? Where was your focus then?

And you’re welcome. 

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

@winterknight Ramesh Balsekar taught that realizing you're not the doer is all that's needed to become enlightened.  I'm guessing you would disagree?

3 hours ago, winterknight said:

You should discuss these feelings and this experience with your therapist.

One of my main fears with in-person therapy (or talking in-person in general) stems from how I communicate differently online (like on here or in a chat room) vs. talking in person. I definitely feel more comfortable online as this has been the way I’ve communicated the majority of my life. I am also on the autism spectrum, so I feel that I’m always expressing and analyzing from my head instead of being in the moment and expressing my genuine feelings. In person there’s no time for me to analyze something compared to how I could type it out like this. I get lost in thoughts and ideas socializing in person which prevents me from actually relating to them and I hold back expressing how I actually feel. 

My psychotherapist told me explicitly to not write notes or journal during the session. He told me that I have to be in the moment with expressing myself during the session. 

How can I let go of these fear and excuses? I know it will be more of a challenge for me, and because I’m afraid of these challenges I always set myself up with an idea that I will fail because of my limitation. Also, is practicing socializing more in person a useful strategy? 

3 hours ago, Paul92 said:

Nobody is born with a natural instinct to find the 'truth'.

With all due respect, this is silly.  I can assure you that I didn't end up a Philosophy major because I thought it would lead to riches.

45 minutes ago, AlldayLoop said:

One of my main fears with in-person therapy (or talking in-person in general) stems from how I communicate differently online (like on here or in a chat room) vs. talking in person. I definitely feel more comfortable online as this has been the way I’ve communicated the majority of my life. I am also on the autism spectrum, so I feel that I’m always expressing and analyzing from my head instead of being in the moment and expressing my genuine feelings. In person there’s no time for me to analyze something compared to how I could type it out like this. I get lost in thoughts and ideas socializing in person which prevents me from actually relating to them and I hold back expressing how I actually feel. 

My psychotherapist told me explicitly to not write notes or journal during the session. He told me that I have to be in the moment with expressing myself during the session. 

How can I let go of these fear and excuses? I know it will be more of a challenge for me, and because I’m afraid of these challenges I always set myself up with an idea that I will fail because of my limitation. Also, is practicing socializing more in person a useful strategy? 

Show your therapist what you’ve written here. Have this conversation with your therapist...

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

@winterknight  Could you elaborate more on the significance of identifying your "emotional truth" and pursuing it, particularly as it relates to the emotional truth of seeking enlightenment?

9 minutes ago, robdl said:

@winterknight  Could you elaborate more on the significance of identifying your "emotional truth" and pursuing it, particularly as it relates to the emotional truth of seeking enlightenment?

It comes down to trying to become increasingly honest about what you feel and want and pursue what you want, as opposed to what you think you should feel or want.  Of course, you could genuinely be in conflict, having multiple conflicting desires, and it’s fine to acknowledge that too.

Anyway, as you do this  and pay attention to how the desires change as you pursue them, you will find that is over time going to move you in a spiritual direction.

Also, @Shanmugam has made the point that self-inquiry (as explained by Maharshi), choiceless awareness (as explained by J. Krishnamurti), and witnessing meditation (as explained by Osho) are in essence the same (he can correct me if I'm misunderstanding him on that).  What are your thoughts on that, @winterknight ?  Is there a commonality between all of these forms which language and terminology cloaks? They all appear to aim to de-objectify awareness and inwardly invert attention to pure-subject

Edited by robdl

1 hour ago, winterknight said:

The closest analogy — though it’s far from perfect — is when you’re doing something, say, driving, and then you look up and you’re suddenly at your destination. You don’t quite remember having gotten there. You zoned out.

Nicee same happens when i use your self inquiry in that pure space its always now peace life flowing 

@Arhattobe the subconscious mind is the metaphysics that one picks up from not knowing true self. On enlightenment one needs to delete all memory of pre existing metaphysics And start new, to understand god using god consciousness correctly. Therefore creating a new god subconsciousnesss, allowing for further conscious action. 

This is the reason I say there is a difference between enlightened wings who are beings of self - love and who are love and the self-loving being has done is remove their entire subconscious metaphysics and recreated it using being. 

Basically, you can’t escape the fact that you created your own metaphysics. It wasn’t created for you. The unconditionality of being itself. Caused you to participate in self -deception. 

In other words the point I keep making is that, you are a mini version of god. It’s not that things are determined. It’s that there is absolute free will. You are not absolute infinity, absolute infinity is you. Until people really get this, there is no room for understanding the truth of the matter. Imo. It’s so much feee will, that you can even confuse your own metaphysics that it’s not free will. Crazy stuff. 

Edit: basically it makes sense in my head, but I can’t articulate it. 

The logic here is simple from my point of view, if you were absolute infinity ,You WOULD be absolute infinity. The truth is you are absolute infinity and that turns out to be a mini replica of it. Because it is you As itself, So it must be itself! By logic 

Edited by Aakash

14 minutes ago, robdl said:

Also, @Shanmugam has made the point that self-inquiry (as explained by Maharshi), choiceless awareness (as explained by J. Krishnamurti), and witnessing meditation (as explained by Osho) are in essence the same (he can correct me if I'm misunderstanding him on that).  What are your thoughts on that, @winterknight ?  Is there a commonality between all of these forms which language and terminology cloaks? They all appear to aim to de-objectify awareness and inwardly invert attention to pure-subject

Well they’re certainly related if not exactly the same. I’m not an expert on either K or O’s writings, but K’s method seems like surrender rather than self-inquiry (surrender is linked but different). O’s method is a useful first step but is not enough. Self-inquiry has to hunt the I and not be content with being the witness. 

@winterknight You underestimate psychedelics.

No therapy session will come close to the healing power of one solid trip. Not even in the same ballpark.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

7 hours ago, Arhattobe said:

@Leo Gura When you enter non duality and let’s say the conscious defilements are removed. There remains many, many parts of you that refuse to buy into your seeing. That are self involved. Many control mechanisms, tendencies and vasanas remain. 

This causes a high degree of cognitive dissonance in the newly awakened person. Which can be solved by clinging onto one’s seeing and refusing to acknowledge one’s cognitive dissonance. Merely dismissing it as mind and “remaining as you are”. Which stunts further growth and does not allow for further development or you acknowledge the cognitive dissonance and the underlying issues that cause it.

By doing so the first step towards embodiment begins. 

To simplify what I said. A being who is main aim is survival. Once he sees the dimension of nothingness and that dimension becomes a part of his experience can alleviate his survival issues merely through that seeing. By claiming I am everything. I am eternal. In a rather dishonest fashion or

Going against his cravings and the easy way out he can acknowledge that which is hard to look at. That the seeing is one component. A very muddied one due to layers and layers of tension fighting it for lack of a better term.

You wrote something important here, but I find your writing is a bit ambiguous and confusing.

It would be nice if you started a separate thread where you explain this more clearly and in greater detail. I think it would be very valuable for our members.

Write a guide on how to clear vasanas.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@winterknight You underestimate psychedelics.

No therapy session will come close to the healing power of one solid trip. Not even in the same ballpark.

Well, for the reasons I laid out in my previous post, this makes zero sense.

You’re commenting without actually understanding how or why therapy works. When a psychedelic enables someone to play the violin without ever having picked one up before, or learn German without studying, you can make these sorts of claims. 

And I’ve had trips and have talked to people who have had many, many trips.

3 minutes ago, winterknight said:

Well, for the reasons I laid out in my previous post, this makes zero sense.

You’re commenting without actually understanding how or why therapy works. When a psychedelic enables someone to play the violin without ever having picked one up before, or learn German without studying, you can make these sorts of claims. 

And I’ve had trips and have talked to people who have had many, many trips.

Have you done any 5-MEO? I doubt that you have done 5-MEO even once. I agree with LEO 100%, no therapy comes even close to a 1 solid trip. 

Just now, whoareyou said:

Have you done any 5-MEO? I doubt that you have done 5-MEO even once. I agree with LEO 100%, no therapy comes even close to a 1 solid trip. 

Yes, I have. Just shows a profound ignorance of the mind to make statements like you’re making. 

8 hours ago, winterknight said:

But psychedelics are not a substitute for analysis.

Psychedelic-therapy in clinical settings has shown off-the-chart results.  On a whole mother level from other advancements in psychological therapy or medications have shown. Psychedelics will become mainstream in psych-therapy and psycho-analysis and take it to the next level. Psychologists that have utilized psychedelics are fighting for the ability to utilize them legally and putting their reputations (and at times careers) on the line. And once laboratory research is opened up, we will learn psychedelic mechanisms and improve their effectiveness. In two generations, today’s forms of psycho-therapy and analysis will crude and rudimentary.