winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

@winterknight My apoligies, My only desire for You is That You finally complete your path. Drop pride Drop ego and do it. Why would I hate You or harm You. I am literally You, have no interest in doing so. 

@Leo GuraYes

Purified mind and heart leads to full awakening. So in a sense perceived Spiritual growth/path is needed. 

Your heart will lead You to it anyways it doesn't have to be Spiritual path it May come in different way. 

So trust your heart, it is really worthy. My greatest desire is for all of You to finally remember What You are really fundamentally. 

8 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

@Leo Gura Why do you think Catholic churches have their members make confessions? 

To relieve the devil of his guilt so he can go back the next day to being a devil? ;) 

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

14 minutes ago, Arhattobe said:

@Leo Gura One’s level of defilements correlates to one’s level of self involvement. When conscious self involvement is shed the result is non duality. When subconscious and instinctual defilements are shed the result is full and total enlightenment/embodiment : ) 

I like it.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

To relieve the devil of his guilt so he can go back the next day to being a devil? ;) 

The mafia would really like that

It's Love.

@RendHeaven

Evolution step #1: Mushrooms

Evolution step #2: Catholic Confessional

Evolution step #3: Psychotherapy

Evolution step #4: Mushrooms

31 minutes ago, Arhattobe said:

@Leo Gura One’s level of defilements correlates to one’s level of self involvement. When conscious self involvement is shed the result is non duality. When subconscious and instinctual defilements are shed the result is full and total enlightenment/embodiment : ) 

How would you describe the actual process of shedding subconscious and instinctual defilements?

What causes that to happen vs not?

18 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Sigh... 9_9 "Was I talking in my sleep?" "Snoring." 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

51 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

An innocent devil is no longer a devil.

@winterknight  Why shouldn't an ordinary life be pleasurable? My life is lovely when my mind isn't caught up in trying to figure out what is real. I can go for a walk in the sun and spend hours just sitting watching  dogs jump in and out of a lake. Seems to that striving for anything greater will just lead to delusions of granduer. The spiritual ego, perhaps. What's wrong with being a humble human, worts n'all? It seems to that 'the path' is just a construct to try and avoid realities of life. Why do humans feel the need to feel like they are the ones with answers to everything and the universe is all about us.

See our guru, Leo, doesn't care about people. I was led to believe that spirituality was always about learning to be more compassionate. To be able to swallow your own silliness and pride and care for others. Not to become aloof to everything and simply not care.

Edited by Paul92

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

When you recommend psycho-analysis to supplement this work, that's exactly why I recommend psychedelics. Just like psycho-analysis the psychedelic's function is not primary to enlighten you but to clear out lesser blockages, shadow issues, and to show you what is getting in way of awakening.

Lol leo, I literally said that in my last trip report and highlighted the fact that you don't distinguish the two stages of triping!

Stage 1 - Shadow integration

Stage 2 - Existential triping ;) 

This topic needs to be covered extensively in a "suffering" or shadow" video since it is so fundemental.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

The benefit of psychedelics is that it's faster, cheaper, more direct than months of talk therapy, and gives awakenings as well. But of course for those who cannot access psychedelics, I can see the value of psycho-analysis.

I've not done formal psycho-analysis but I'd guess 3-12 months of psycho-analysis = 1-3 psychedelic trips. The cost savings would also be very significant.

I've noticed that most people who take psychedelics don't have very deep awakenings on them because first the psychedelic must clear out psychological baggage (AKA, psychoanalysis). The existential insights require a purified mind and heart. The deep existential insights tend to come in later trips, after the mind has been purified a bit of its human baggage.

I’d say that in the early stages it would actually be beneficial for someone to have a psychedelic trip with the guidance of a professional. Of course this is impractical because psychedelics are obviously frowned upon in society and the therapists are probably not trained to deal with patients who are going through a bad trip. 

It’s funny you mention psychedelics for the purpose of removing psychological blockages because a few days ago I had the idea of seeing my psychotherapist while under the influence of marijuana (it’s legal here). I have experimented with different strains, and I’ve discovered the ones that give me a deep “no-mind” experience. 

When I have these deep awakening experiences on marijuana I freak out and have no guidance during the trip. I easily cave in during the peak, when I’m supposed to be letting go. Even though I feel great and alive again for the next few days after the trip is over, I slowly go back to my old egoic ways because I had no one to guide me on integrating what I experienced. 

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@winterknight I just had a mini-epiphany.

When you recommend psycho-analysis to supplement this work, that's exactly why I recommend psychedelics. Just like psycho-analysis the psychedelic's function is not primary to enlighten you but to clear out lesser blockages, shadow issues, and to show you what is getting in way of awakening.

The benefit of psychedelics is that it's faster, cheaper, more direct than months of talk therapy, and gives awakenings as well. But of course for those who cannot access psychedelics, I can see the value of psycho-analysis.

I've not done formal psycho-analysis but I'd guess 3-12 months of psycho-analysis = 1-3 psychedelic trips. The cost savings would also be very significant.

I've noticed that most people who take psychedelics don't have very deep awakenings on them because first the psychedelic must clear out psychological baggage (AKA, psychoanalysis). The existential insights require a purified mind and heart. The deep existential insights tend to come in later trips, after the mind has been purified a bit of its human baggage.

Just a useful insight I thought I'd share with you guys.

The oversight I made in the past is that I tended to think of the psychedelic purely as a gateway to nondual states. But that's only half of their function. The other half is the psycho-analytic resolution of psychological baggage.

It's a nice thought, but psychedelics -- while valuable in certain ways for some people -- are in no way capable of replacing the long-term benefits of psychoanalysis. They might perhaps work together in the right person, but they are no substitute. Psychoanalysis is not fundamentally some kind of set of "ah ha" insights and shifts of consciousness. It is not some set of realizations about what your childhood was like.

It is fundamentally a relational discovery and restructuring of your self. It requires two people. It exercises and brings into juxtaposition old and new ways of relating, and requires the use of the slow, intentional mind to gradually build a substantially new set of capacities. There's no way of shortcutting this process with psychedelics any more than psychedelics could suddenly make you a world-class golfer when you've never picked up a club before. That's not how the relevant knowledge works. 

I know people  who are long-time users of psychedelics (and have benefitted), but some of them continue to be in long-time therapy as well, because for them the effects are complementary. And I know people who are long-time users of psychedelics (and have benefitted) and clearly would benefit from analysis as well. And I have read articles about psychedelics have been helpful to people who then discuss and integrate these insights into therapy.

But psychedelics are not a substitute for analysis.

1 hour ago, Paul92 said:

@winterknight  Why shouldn't an ordinary life be pleasurable? My life is lovely when my mind isn't caught up in trying to figure out what is real. I can go for a walk in the sun and spend hours just sitting watching  dogs jump in and out of a lake. Seems to that striving for anything greater will just lead to delusions of granduer. The spiritual ego, perhaps. What's wrong with being a humble human, worts n'all? It seems to that 'the path' is just a construct to try and avoid realities of life. Why do humans feel the need to feel like they are the ones with answers to everything and the universe is all about us.

See our guru, Leo, doesn't care about people. I was led to believe that spirituality was always about learning to be more compassionate. To be able to swallow your own silliness and pride and care for others. Not to become aloof to everything and simply not care.

These are excuses the mind uses to rationalize not seeking the truth. What's wrong with being a human is that it is, compared to the truth, self-torture. But look, feel free to keep doing that... people have to play the games they have to play until they're tired of playing them.

1 hour ago, Yog said:

@winterknight Why is everything pulled towards lowering its entropy.

Like any "why" question, the only spiritual answer to this is to examine the one who is asking. Spirituality doesn't provide verbal philosophical answers to these kinds of questions.

1 hour ago, AlldayLoop said:

I’d say that in the early stages it would actually be beneficial for someone to have a psychedelic trip with the guidance of a professional. Of course this is impractical because psychedelics are obviously frowned upon in society and the therapists are probably not trained to deal with patients who are going through a bad trip. 

It’s funny you mention psychedelics for the purpose of removing psychological blockages because a few days ago I had the idea of seeing my psychotherapist while under the influence of marijuana (it’s legal here). I have experimented with different strains, and I’ve discovered the ones that give me a deep “no-mind” experience. 

When I have these deep awakening experiences on marijuana I freak out and have no guidance during the trip. I easily cave in during the peak, when I’m supposed to be letting go. Even though I feel great and alive again for the next few days after the trip is over, I slowly go back to my old egoic ways because I had no one to guide me on integrating what I experienced. 

You should discuss these feelings and this experience with your therapist.

Edited by winterknight

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

1 hour ago, winterknight said:

Like any "why" question, the only spiritual answer to this is to examine the one who is asking. Spirituality doesn't provide verbal philosophical answers to these kinds of questions.

? Namaste

@winterknight Nobody is born with a natural instinct to find the 'truth'. The 'truth' is a human construct. The path is supposed to reduce inner conflict. Look at this forum. It's ludicrous. Thousands upon thousands of posts. Thousands upon thousands of questions. Thousands upon thousands of different answers. People here are tied up inner conflict.

What also annoys me is how people manipulate a few words of Jesus to fit their own narrative. You might be able to use a few passages of the bible to fit with nondualism, but what about the rest of it that doesn't teach that at all.  

Edited by Paul92

@Leo Gura When you enter non duality and let’s say the conscious defilements are removed. There remains many, many parts of you that refuse to buy into your seeing. That are self involved. Many control mechanisms, tendencies and vasanas remain. 

This causes a high degree of cognitive dissonance in the newly awakened person. Which can be solved by clinging onto one’s seeing and refusing to acknowledge one’s cognitive dissonance. Merely dismissing it as mind and “remaining as you are”. Which stunts further growth and does not allow for further development or you acknowledge the cognitive dissonance and the underlying issues that cause it.

By doing so the first step towards embodiment begins. 

To simplify what I said. A being who is main aim is survival. Once he sees the dimension of nothingness and that dimension becomes a part of his experience can alleviate his survival issues merely through that seeing. By claiming I am everything. I am eternal. In a rather dishonest fashion or

Going against his cravings and the easy way out he can acknowledge that which is hard to look at. That the seeing is one component. A very muddied one due to layers and layers of tension fighting it for lack of a better term.

43 minutes ago, winterknight said:

These are excuses the mind uses to rationalize not seeking the truth. What's wrong with being a human is that it is, compared to the truth, self-torture. But look, feel free to keep doing that... people have to play the games they have to play until they're tired of playing them.

Moses once saw a shepherd and heard him praying to God. The shepherd was addressing God as a human, he was saying that he would always feed God and take care of him.

Moses flipped at him and told him that that's not how you address God (basically kicked him out of heaven), and taught him how to pray to God properly.

But then later on, God told Moses that he did wrong by wronging the shepherd, and that God had always been accepting of his prayers.

What do you think?

13 hours ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Meditation is the way.Finally set intention to realize TRUTH once and for all. You Can only do it by yourself. Strong intention and Strong desire for TRUTH. 

All others are YOU so do not delude them. 

TRUTH IS ALL GOOD, LOVE SEFLESSNESS, GOODNESS, FREEDOM, COMAPSSION etc

Nothing to go beyond. LOVE IS ALL THAT IS. 

Love is a uniting force. Being is a uniting force. 

Being is itself it’s own meaning. What does being mean? 

It’s circular reasoning from here. 

It’s being all possibilities In unity. 

Love is a banner of unity :) 

Allowing for all possibilities :) 

truth is being 

Edited by Aakash

13 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

Moses once saw a shepherd and heard him praying to God. The shepherd was addressing God as a human, he was saying that he would always feed God and take care of him.

Moses flipped at him and told him that that's not how you address God (basically kicked him out of heaven), and taught him how to pray to God properly.

But then later on, God told Moses that he did wrong by wronging the shepherd, and that God had always been accepting of his prayers.

What do you think?

From the mystical standpoint that sounds reasonable

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

@winterknight I have chosen a side and I chose love and consciousness. 

So I’m sure you know what you want friend and are happy/ not suffering with your choice. Meaning everything is actually fine  

Edited by Aakash