winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, Jkris said:

@winterknight @winterknight Nirvikalpa samadhi is where body,mind,sense of me vanishes completely and awareness of awareness or self is realised.

Contrary to leos claim form and formless are not seperate - the formless alone is realized.If they are not seperate then the formless can never be realised.

Technically self enquiry is supposed to take one to Nirvikalpa Samadhi.isnt it ? Or in other words the ignorance of super imposition of body mind sense of me is removed  in Nirvikalpa samadhi.

Awareness of awareness happens only in Nirvikalpa samadhi.

Or self enquiry doesnt lead to Nirvikalpa samadhi ????

Pls clarify

???

Well technically nirvikalpa samadhi, if we define it as a separate state of consciousness, is, as you say, simply the formless.

It is not, however, the removal of ignorance. It’s simply a state. 

Nirvikalpa samadhi, as Ramana Maharshi said, is simply samadhi with eyes closed, and savikalpa with eyes open. And Maharshi (and the Buddha, and no doubt others), cautioned against viewing samadhi states as the final goal. They are not. Samadhis quiet the mind but they do not, in themselves, remove ignorance. 

What removes ignorance is technically discernment — namely, the discernment away of all temporary states, including all samadhis, to see that which is constant. 

Samadhis can facilitate this because a quiet mind is more discerning. But they do not in themselves cause it. 

Ultimarely of course one can call — as Maharshi did — the final knowledge “Sahaja nirvikalpa samadhi” — ie natural habitual formlessness, but in the end this is pointing to something that is not a samadhi state at all technically. 

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

2 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

@winterknight How do YOU remove ignorance? Is there such a thing right NOW? 

That’s a good question. Inquire into the I and you will find the truth. But you have to start from the position of humility, that you don’t know and are looking to find out. Intellectual conceptions of “there is no ignorance” will not help you.

Edited by winterknight

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

Just now, winterknight said:

That’s a good question. Inquire into the Self and you will find the truth.

What exactly is the Self? What are YOU? 

51 minutes ago, winterknight said:

That’s a good question. Inquire into the I and you will find the truth. But you have to start from the position of humility, that you don’t know and are looking to find out. Intellectual conceptions of “there is no ignorance” will not help you.

I or self might be Just self referential tought patterns on repeat. With no truth in them. Masking what? 

Is there any ignorance in THIS? 

Is there any ignorance in ME. 

Can I be aware of anything else but MYSELF?

light-bulb-300x281.jpg

c3f9276b8e87fcf6e5b1bf59a17125b9.gif

Edited by zeroISinfinity

Unbreakable. 

Why I am playing this game with MYSELF?

Enlightenment is full knowing of MYSELF as What? 

What is THIS? 

OK this perceived other Will help ME . 

ONE Word That describes it ALL. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

9 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Unbreakable. 

Why I am playing this game with MYSELF?

Enlightenment is full knowing of MYSELF as What? 

What is THIS? 

OK this perceived other Will help ME . 

ONE Word That describes it ALL. 

Yes, this is called being caught in concepts. To whom do all these questions occur?

This is called waking up enlightened master which is ego identity. Is it? ❤️

Truth is not a Concept.❤️

Enlightened master would know What TRUTH OF BEING IS?❤️

To whom all these Concepts occur?

Look.

Where this appears? 

1 minute ago, zeroISinfinity said:

This is called waking up enlightened master which is ego identity. Is it? ❤️

Truth is not a Concept.❤️

Enlightened master would know What TRUTH OF BEING IS?❤️

To whom all these Concepts occur?

Look.

Where this appears? 

Yes, that's what you should investigate if you're wondering.

Forget about "me". Forget That You are enlightened master helping other. 

Right NOW where is this all located? 

9 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Forget about "me". Forget That You are enlightened master helping other. 

Right NOW where is this all located? 

If you want to know the answer to that question, you have to engage in self-inquiry.

Self-inquiry is effective with a quiet mind if I’m not mistaken. 

Say a serious seeker has OCD or other severe mental disorders that causes the mind to think non-stop, how is it possible for them do self-inquiry sufficiently? 

Luckily I am on medication that does help reduce that mental noise, but I’m sure there are those that are less fortunate. Do you still recommend self-inquiry to them or would they benefit from other methods? Or is this path a hopeless cause for them?

1 minute ago, AlldayLoop said:

Self-inquiry is effective with a quiet mind if I’m not mistaken. 

Say a serious seeker has OCD or other severe mental disorders that causes the mind to think non-stop, how is it possible for them do self-inquiry sufficiently? 

Luckily I am on medication that does help reduce that mental noise, but I’m sure there are those that are less fortunate. Do you still recommend self-inquiry to them or would they benefit from other methods? Or is this path a hopeless cause for them?

Well, I recommend that they try to quiet their mind as best they can -- thus the recommendations of psychoanalysis, artistic expression, and an intellectual framework. Beyond that, the mind can never be fully quiet anyway, so if someone has the intense desire for the truth, that is the main qualification for self-inquiry. With that desire, it doesn't matter what else is going on -- it can be overcome.

Edited by winterknight

@winterknight Who holds position? 

Who tells other to do self inquiry? 

Is That ego self? 

Maybe I am playing a really sneaky game to protect my self?

@winterknight Who holds position? 

Who tells other to do self inquiry? 

Is That ego self? 

Maybe I am playing a really sneaky game to protect my self?

Who asks those questions? Could asking those questions be a way of avoiding looking within?

@winterknight the irony here is that he’s saying his facet sets are better than your facet sets and then calling you ego for it. When none of you are. You just both have different facet sets and depthness. 

The facet competition here is 

extreme absolute love vs extreme absolute emptiness

Edited by Aakash

You think there is me asking You questions.

Why MYSELF  is avoiding to look within? 

Maybe I am playing game MYSELF all this time. 

Maybe I am really tricking MYSELF constantly. 

What is ME really afraid of? 

You think there is me asking You questions.

Why MYSELF  is avoiding to look within? 

Maybe I am playing game MYSELF all this time. 

Maybe I am really tricking MYSELF constantly. 

What is ME really afraid of? 

Ok, this conversation has long passed its expiration date. Good luck.