winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

What do you think of Sadhguru? Do you think it's good to get initiated by him? Or can I do Kriya Yoga by myself and become enlightened without initiation? 

Another question: How do you think we should live our lives when it comes to career? Right now I'm working in a stable job that I hate, but it gives me security financially. I'm a university drop-out, but I would love to become a spiritual teacher somehow, but if I give up everything I have now, I'm afraid I will fail and die of starvation or similar. I realize it's my ego talking. But generally, should we follow our passions in life even if there is no money in it, or choose a stable career? 

Last question: Have you read Yogananda's "autobiography of a yogi" and do you think the miracles happening in that book are real and have you experienced any for yourself?

I have this experience when I meditate and I start to dissolve and I start to feel things becoming mystical, all this dark stuff will pop up as sort of feeling or some other sense, not rally any of the typical 5 senses, and it's like a silent voice or "ideas" almost like insights but it's hard for me to tell because I don't have a ton of reference points. I'm not entirely familiar with this phenomena. I will have these waves of stuff like "my worst fears will come true. Or if i continue doing this meditation it's to prepare me for the worst" or other stuff and it feels "real" but it feels bad and scares me and sort of pulls me back down. Is this part of purifying? Goal should be not to be distracted by this stuff and continue to be the observer of the sensation in a calm and un reactive way? I have a feeling I just answered my own question.

Edited by SunnyNewDay

1 hour ago, swedishmystic said:

What do you think of Sadhguru? Do you think it's good to get initiated by him? Or can I do Kriya Yoga by myself and become enlightened without initiation? 

I'm not a fan of Sadhguru. Don't know much about kriya yoga. I recommend self-inquiry and/or surrender in the context of having an intellectual big picture and doing the emotional work on yourself, via therapy and creative expression, to have a quiet mind.

Another question: How do you think we should live our lives when it comes to career? Right now I'm working in a stable job that I hate, but it gives me security financially. I'm a university drop-out, but I would love to become a spiritual teacher somehow, but if I give up everything I have now, I'm afraid I will fail and die of starvation or similar. I realize it's my ego talking. But generally, should we follow our passions in life even if there is no money in it, or choose a stable career? 

You should first aim to realize the Truth yourself before you become a spiritual teacher. Devote yourself to self-inquiry, reading scripture, and so on -- you can do all this while working in your stable job. Generally speaking you should listen to what you emotionally want. I often recommend entering psychoanalysis to all serious seekers for this purpose.

Last question: Have you read Yogananda's "autobiography of a yogi" and do you think the miracles happening in that book are real and have you experienced any for yourself?

Haven't read it. I suspect seeming miracles can happen, and have seen some of the "telepathic" type I think. But miracles have nothing to do with enlightenment.

1 hour ago, SunnyNewDay said:

I have this experience when I meditate and I start to dissolve and I start to feel things becoming mystical, all this dark stuff will pop up as sort of feeling or some other sense, not rally any of the typical 5 senses, and it's like a silent voice or "ideas" almost like insights but it's hard for me to tell because I don't have a ton of reference points. I'm not entirely familiar with this phenomena. I will have these waves of stuff like "my worst fears will come true. Or if i continue doing this meditation it's to prepare me for the worst" or other stuff and it feels "real" but it feels bad and scares me and sort of pulls me back down. Is this part of purifying? Goal should be not to be distracted by this stuff and continue to be the observer of the sensation in a calm and un reactive way? I have a feeling I just answered my own question.

Yup. If you want you can write about it too -- and in fact you just did that too. And you can see how writing about it helps clarify it. You just experienced it.

Edited by winterknight

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

1 hour ago, winterknight said:

I'm not a fan of Sadhguru. Don't know much about kriya yoga. I recommend self-inquiry and/or surrender in the context of having an intellectual big picture and doing the emotional work on yourself, via therapy and creative expression, to have a quiet mind.

You should first aim to realize the Truth yourself before you become a spiritual teacher. Devote yourself to self-inquiry, reading scripture, and so on -- you can do all this while working in your stable job. Generally speaking you should listen to what you emotionally want. I often recommend entering psychoanalysis to all serious seekers for this purpose.\

Haven't read it. I suspect seeming miracles can happen, and have seen some of the "telepathic" type I think. But miracles have nothing to do with enlightenment.

Yup. If you want you can write about it too -- and in fact you just did that too. And you can see how writing about it helps clarify it. You just experienced it.

I understand, I've tried self-inquiry before but for me I prefer Hatha yoga combined with Kriya. Although I'm not initiated so I don't know how powerful it is, but I can certainly experience Kundalini energy this way, when I do self-inquiry I can't feel I'm making any progress at all, can't feel or experience anything beyond the physical. That's why I like Sadhguru more because he wants us to experience something beyond the physical to prove to ourselves that there is something more to this world. I'm probably going to get initiated when the time is right. And I know miracles is not the goal of spirituality, but it's nice to experience or see that just to confirm there is something beyond the normal.

Also I suspect different methods work best for different kinds of people. I like using the prana energy to achieve this, even though I have a long way to go. Doing this I've already proved to myself there is more to this life than the physical, something that self inquiry never gave me unfortunately.

6 minutes ago, swedishmystic said:

I understand, I've tried self-inquiry before but for me I prefer Hatha yoga combined with Kriya. Although I'm not initiated so I don't know how powerful it is, but I can certainly experience Kundalini energy this way, when I do self-inquiry I can't feel I'm making any progress at all, can't feel or experience anything beyond the physical. That's why I like Sadhguru more because he wants us to experience something beyond the physical to prove to ourselves that there is something more to this world. I'm probably going to get initiated when the time is right. And I know miracles is not the goal of spirituality, but it's nice to experience or see that just to confirm there is something beyond the normal.

Also I suspect different methods work best for different kinds of people. I like using the prana energy to achieve this, even though I have a long way to go. Doing this I've already proved to myself there is more to this life than the physical, something that self inquiry never gave me unfortunately.

Right, because self-inquiry is not about energies or magic, it's about something very simple and immune to change.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

Right, because self-inquiry is not about energies or magic, it's about something very simple and immune to change.

Yeah, I understand it's possible to get enlightened from this method but you won't be able to control your kundalini energy in your body by doing this. For example, many skilled Kriya yogis can control their immune system and stop their heart beat, there have been studies that show this. For me, this feels like a superior method, not just because of miracles etc, but because you can control your body better and thus your health and destiny.

Do you find it difficult to judge things now, given that your experience is that of no separation between anything? How do you decide on a 'value' of something for practical purposes? How do you make choices - based on what reference? Do you consider 'future' in some decisions? If yes, how?

And turning the question around:

Is it possible for us 'unenlightened' persons to look at things with utter equanimity given that we have no direct experience of it?

On 8/8/2019 at 1:07 PM, robdl said:

choice implies a chooser entity -- but what is the chooser other than accumulated thought-memory-experience-knowledge content?  What is the thinker other than thought content?  So choice arises out of thought/the past.

Thought sneakily chooses but doesn't realize it has done so --- thought projects a thinker which falsely assumes it has chosen.  But the thinker and thought are one and the same unitary process.

Cool! 

What a great way to bring awareness to the inevitability of our selfishness?

This stuff relates to Leo’s last video as well. Definitely an efficient way to catch those sneaky self bias as they occur?

1 hour ago, rNOW said:

Do you find it difficult to judge things now, given that your experience is that of no separation between anything? How do you decide on a 'value' of something for practical purposes? How do you make choices - based on what reference? Do you consider 'future' in some decisions? If yes, how?

And turning the question around:

Is it possible for us 'unenlightened' persons to look at things with utter equanimity given that we have no direct experience of it?

Only the one who chooses has to decide on what basis to choose. But are you the chooser? If you are not the chooser, these questions will not arise. The question of a value reference arises only when there is a chooser.

It is not possible for people to look at things with utter equanimity. Equanimity means there is no looking, no choosing. 

Only the one who chooses has to decide on what basis to choose. But are you the chooser? If you are not the chooser, these questions will not arise. The question of a value reference arises only when there is a chooser.

It is not possible for people to look at things with utter equanimity. Equanimity means there is no looking, no choosing. 

?I see what you mean for sure..yet impossible is also a projection of an apparent chooser. Impossible is as imaginative as the chooser. As the chooser(self-identity and its conclusion of possible/impossible—cumulative content) are not distinct in their underlying nature. Simply a hallucination within a hallucination. A movement of time. Your own personal play?

Edited by Jack River

52 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

@Jack River Repent devil do not destroy YOUR beloved enlightened master. 

❤️

I would, could not, if I tried. 

Like dropping a rock into a bottomless pit. No response..no limit. 

The unbreakable ONE?

You can’t criticise, period. 

Unless you’ve been chosen to. 

Like Leo. 

“Beings who engaged in politics” 

Its true it may be a higher embodiment of truth, but is it actually different

No. It has the appearance of it. 

But it is the same for the person viewing the higher embodied being. It’s uncritisable 

What is the personality of god, it’s objectivity. 

Whos objectivity is it, god’s. 

What is correct objectivity ?

there is none. Even there is none is itself objective. There is no subjective opinion. It is all objective, not chosen by yourself. 

Not functioning, not doing something or doing something are all objective. 

Truth is not objective, truth is true regardless. But objectivity still happens. 

Edited by Aakash

@zeroISinfinity yes, I understand. Enlightenment is therefore just truth nothing else. 

Highest truth is still objective. But there’s no garuntee that enlightenment will change my objectivity. Ironically. It may or may not. 

Fear/resistance. That movement away from what is towards that tasty thirst quenching abstraction?

mmmm...the protection of self-bais?

@Jack River this statement was objective. 

But since there’s no one identifying with it. It’s actually an objective that’s object less. Said for the sake of being. 

Abject of all self - bias... 

as one way to phrase a “self “ bias

Edited by Aakash

20 hours ago, Aakash said:

@Jack River this statement was objective. 

But since there’s no one identifying with it. It’s actually an objective that’s object less. Said for the sake of being. 

Abject of all self - bias... 

as one way to phrase a “self “ bias

Seems logical ??