winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

On 8/6/2019 at 9:14 PM, AlldayLoop said:

What’s your take on Leo’s comment about you? 

Thought it’d be fair that you knew about this, if you didn’t already ^_^

He made a video explaining his awakening to this. It’s 48 minutes long, but I think it’s worth your time watching since this is making a lot of people confused on here (I say confused because the Absolute Love topic has 200+ posts in less than a week). 

Leo’s claim is that becoming awakened to your true nature is just one out of many facets of this work to become conscious of, and that you’re not fully awake until you are. Do you care to explore about this “Absolute Love”? Does it matter to you that you’re supposedly “not fully awake”?

On 8/6/2019 at 9:23 PM, winterknight said:

In my opinion 'awakening to different facets' of things (including love, as if it's something separate) is a big confusion. There's a single truth (and not even that), which goes beyond concepts, people, facets, angles, degrees, etc.

Though other people are free to believe what they want. 

@winterknight  ??

To that which has awakened, it awakens to the always and already, inherent divine love of  it'Self. It's this always and already inherent divine love, that allows everything to be "as it is". It's why "everything, as it is" or  "This"(the only 'this" that is), as it is, is perfect 'as it is". The "I am that I am",the "everything and nothing" the indescribable whole, is already perfect. Love shines in, and as, this wholeness. No one , has a personal claim to it as something "I'  have known, "I"  have awakened to or achieved, over another. It's what is and has always been so. And is readily available to all.
See "what is not",and" what is" shines , as always having been the case.

And who's the one to say or presume as to who,or who hasn't, awakened to what "I" have. It is pure assumption based on a duality of "me" and 'them" of which there is no such thing.

Edited by Guru Fat Bastard

On 8/6/2019 at 5:23 PM, winterknight said:

In my opinion 'awakening to different facets' of things (including love, as if it's something separate) is a big confusion. There's a single truth (and not even that), which goes beyond concepts, people, facets, angles, degrees, etc.

Though other people are free to believe what they want. 

Damn near absolute cleverness. Well done sir. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@winterknight I'm interested in hearing your perspective on choice. 

I cannot choose to feel attracted to an obese woman, no matter how hard I try.  I cannot choose to respect someone that I do not respect, no matter how hard I try.  I can go on and on with these examples.  But the bottom line is, it has become obvious to me that I do not really have any choice in this life.  Can you comment on this?

choice implies a chooser entity -- but what is the chooser other than accumulated thought-memory-experience-knowledge content?  What is the thinker other than thought content?  So choice arises out of thought/the past.

Thought sneakily chooses but doesn't realize it has done so --- thought projects a thinker which falsely assumes it has chosen.  But the thinker and thought are one and the same unitary process.

Edited by robdl

@winterknight I just can't find That, whatever it is or is not.. All I'm left is this boring reality, or maybe I'm just depressed. The mind is very still and silent but it can not penetrate the so called "mysteries" of awareness. 

1 hour ago, Nemo28 said:

@winterknight I just can't find That, whatever it is or is not.. All I'm left is this boring reality, or maybe I'm just depressed. The mind is very still and silent but it can not penetrate the so called "mysteries" of awareness. 

The very thought that it’s boring or that it can’t find it — who thinks that? That’s not silent. Those thoughts are what are keeping the truth away. 

Stay in the true silence, turning all thoughts there, indefinitely, with a curious intensity as to who is thinking those thoughts  

Don’t expect anything, of any kind, at any time, ever.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

2 hours ago, Beginner Mind said:

@winterknight I'm interested in hearing your perspective on choice. 

I cannot choose to feel attracted to an obese woman, no matter how hard I try.  I cannot choose to respect someone that I do not respect, no matter how hard I try.  I can go on and on with these examples.  But the bottom line is, it has become obvious to me that I do not really have any choice in this life.  Can you comment on this?

It is one way of thinking about things, but like any thought it is not absolute truth.

But look, if you do not have any choice, then recognize that and utterly surrender — totally relax, not moving a single mental muscle voluntarily. Let anything happen, any situation, any emotion, any thought, but recognizing that you are not the chooser — simply stay absolutely calm. That thing which IS absolutely calm no matter what choice is chosen, simply be that. 

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

9 hours ago, Nahm said:

Damn near absolute cleverness. Well done sir. 

Damn, that took me a while to get. You “higher stage folks” are geniuses ;)

On ‎2019‎-‎08‎-‎08 at 5:59 PM, winterknight said:

It is one way of thinking about things, but like any thought it is not absolute truth.

But look, if you do not have any choice, then recognize that and utterly surrender — totally relax, not moving a single mental muscle voluntarily. Let anything happen, any situation, any emotion, any thought, but recognizing that you are not the chooser — simply stay absolutely calm. That thing which IS absolutely calm no matter what choice is chosen, simply be that. 

I know intellectually that I am not the chooser, but there is still the illusion of choosing.  I feel responsible.  Even as the heart beats by itself, finger nails and hair grows by itself, and even thoughts appear by themselves, somehow I feel responsible for my life.  Scanning from head to toe, it's obvious that I'm not responsible for the functioning of this body-mind.  And yet, somehow I feel responsible.  Should I just surrender to that?  Is accepting responsibility necessary in order for this body-mind's existence to unfold?

54 minutes ago, Beginner Mind said:

I know intellectually that I am not the chooser, but there is still the illusion of choosing.  I feel responsible.  Even as the heart beats by itself, finger nails and hair grows by itself, and even thoughts appear by themselves, somehow I feel responsible for my life.  Scanning from head to toe, it's obvious that I'm not responsible for the functioning of this body-mind.  And yet, somehow I feel responsible.  Should I just surrender to that?  Is accepting responsibility necessary in order for this body-mind's existence to unfold?

No, don't surrender "to" that or "to" anything else. Relax the mind. That means don't voluntarily think, except involuntarily. There's no need to "accept" responsibility or "reject" responsibility.

Let the illusion be as it is, or not as it is, or whatever it wants to be. Maintain only that intention not to deliberately think.

Edited by winterknight

@winterknight Hello kindred spirit :)

So, is it true that in order to find That which I seek, I need to discard my waking state mind(all my sense impressions) , and be open to possibility that non of this is real, and focus my attention to that which I can not know, that which I feel is totally out of this reality? Or should I focus on the awareness and my who is experiencing all this? 

Bless you ^^

3 hours ago, Nemo28 said:

@winterknight Hello kindred spirit :)

So, is it true that in order to find That which I seek, I need to discard my waking state mind(all my sense impressions) , and be open to possibility that non of this is real, and focus my attention to that which I can not know, that which I feel is totally out of this reality? Or should I focus on the awareness and my who is experiencing all this? 

You can't focus your attention on what you cannot know. That's just a concept. So choose the second -- focus on the I. Follow my guide.

21 hours ago, winterknight said:

No, don't surrender "to" that or "to" anything else. Relax the mind. That means don't voluntarily think, except involuntarily. There's no need to "accept" responsibility or "reject" responsibility.

Let the illusion be as it is, or not as it is, or whatever it wants to be. Maintain only that intention not to deliberately think.

A relaxed/quiet mind is impossible for me.  But thanks for trying to help me.

1 hour ago, Beginner Mind said:

A relaxed/quiet mind is impossible for me.  But thanks for trying to help me.

You don't need to relax the entire mind. Just your voluntary, deliberate effort. Let whatever thoughts, tension, anger, fear, confusion, etc. arise. You stay in the center, let it all happen. Even "not letting it happen" -- let that happen too.

Another way of putting it is this: if you aren't the chooser, realize that you aren't the chooser. So what else is there to do then? Realize that and be free!

do you do pranayama? what do you think of it? Some people who study the ancient Ayurveda and other Vedic texts say that it is basically mandatory if you wanna make spiritual progress. But i'm not sure if they are talking more about reaching full human potential, or cutting all the crap and having the 'Big' realization (enlightenment, end of rebirth). 

Have you read any of the Bihar yoga books on meditation and tantra etc?

After realising the self, does entering Nirvana/Mahasamadhi/full liberation require further purifying of the mind or dissolution of karma? 

In other words, according to spiritual scriptures, will you be reborn again even if you realized the self, until you dissolve all of your karma? 

^^ I very much want to know about that as well. That was sort of what I was trying to ask with my question on pranayama (since pranayama is apparently a big part of purifying the karmas)

coz I've read some people say bla bla its all you, its all an illusion (which would also mean the vast database of the Vedas is an illusion), but then I read people say bla bla its only the beginning of the road (and that the Vedic texts are so utterly advanced, and that it contains literally everything anyone could ever need)

Edited by passerby

31 minutes ago, Chi_ said:

After realising the self, does entering Nirvana/Mahasamadhi/full liberation require further purifying of the mind or dissolution of karma? 

In other words, according to spiritual scriptures, will you be reborn again even if you realized the self, until you dissolve all of your karma? 

Now that's a good question :) . But he will probably say. "Self cannot die" or something like that. 

9 hours ago, passerby said:

do you do pranayama? what do you think of it? Some people who study the ancient Ayurveda and other Vedic texts say that it is basically mandatory if you wanna make spiritual progress. But i'm not sure if they are talking more about reaching full human potential, or cutting all the crap and having the 'Big' realization (enlightenment, end of rebirth). 

Have you read any of the Bihar yoga books on meditation and tantra etc?

Pranayama can be helpful to quiet the mind but it's not necessary to enlightenment. What's necessary is to get an intellectual big picture, do the emotional work to become honest about what you want and pursue it, and do self-inquiry and/or surrender.

Have not read Bihar books.

7 hours ago, Chi_ said:

No. Realization of the Self equals immediate annihilation of all karma. Or actually, karma was never there to begin with.

6 hours ago, Salvijus said:

Now that's a good question :) . But he will probably say. "Self cannot die" or something like that. 

Self never lived in the first place.