winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

How about other humans that don’t become enlightened? Does it really matter in the end if they discover their true nature or not? If it doesn’t, then why help others become conscious of this Truth? Why do awakened masters or even yourself feel a need to help others awaken as well? 

By the way, I’m not saying that as an insult to what you are doing. I’m actually really thankful that you’re here. 

10 hours ago, AlldayLoop said:

How about other humans that don’t become enlightened? Does it really matter in the end if they discover their true nature or not? If it doesn’t, then why help others become conscious of this Truth? Why do awakened masters or even yourself feel a need to help others awaken as well? 

By the way, I’m not saying that as an insult to what you are doing. I’m actually really thankful that you’re here. 

Are there other humans? Am I here helping others awaken? If you look into yourself, all these questions will find a new perspective.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

9 minutes ago, winterknight said:

Are there other humans? Am I here helping others awaken? If you look into yourself, all these questions will find a new perspective.

That’s epic to say the least. 

Okay so you are just playing a role as a human. After your physical body goes, that obviously means that human experiences stops. So what happens next?!?

Edited by AlldayLoop

7 minutes ago, AlldayLoop said:

That’s epic to say the least. 

Okay so you are just playing a role as a human. After your physical body goes, that obviously means that human experiences stops. So what happens next?!?

Well, I didn't say I was just playing a role as a human... what I'm saying is that the truth is ultimately inconceivable in your current frame of reference.

Perhaps there is no human experience right now, let alone "after the physical body goes." "What next" assumes a "before," but perhaps both are wrong.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

Thank you for clarifying. 

How come it is the case that majority of us are only conscious of our human experiences? Why can’t we remember or become conscious of other experiences other than our own limited human identity?

8 minutes ago, AlldayLoop said:

Thank you for clarifying. 

How come it is the case that majority of us are only conscious of our human experiences? Why can’t we remember or become conscious of other experiences other than our own limited human identity?

All these questions arise from the same set of wrong assumptions. I mean, I can tell you: it's God's will. Would you be ok with that answer?

You'll only find the truth when you follow my guide to self-inquiry.

@winterknight Thank you. I will contemplate and do self-inquiry.

One final question for now... so we are basically “born” into this “world”, and all beliefs we have about it are all wrong assumptions? It seems that everyone we communicate with on our daily life, based on your vantage point, is all talking fairy tales and believing all of it. 

23 minutes ago, AlldayLoop said:

@winterknight Thank you. I will contemplate and do self-inquiry.

One final question for now... so we are basically “born” into this “world”, and all beliefs we have about it are all wrong assumptions? It seems that everyone we communicate with on our daily life, based on your vantage point, is all talking fairy tales and believing all of it. 

That is true from the spiritual point of view... the spiritual perspective is very radical.

There were many negative events during the day and in the evening and I couldn't concentrate on meditating or doing self inquiry. I was too incapable of concentrating and ask myself "who feels that". How to handle this situation ?

48 minutes ago, sidaz10 said:

There were many negative events during the day and in the evening and I couldn't concentrate on meditating or doing self inquiry. I was too incapable of concentrating and ask myself "who feels that". How to handle this situation ?

This is why it is said that seekers need to quiet the mind and emotions... for that purpose, I recommend going into psychoanalysis

-Is doing self-inquiry sessions lying down being lazy? Or does it not really matter if one is sitting or lying down? 

-The definition of dissociative disorders and psychosis seems to have some similarities with awakening and enlightenment. Can you please explain how they seemingly seem alike, but one seems like hell and the other heaven?

Edited by AlldayLoop

5 hours ago, sidaz10 said:

I realize, reading back, that you know about analysis and may even be in it. If you are doing it and it isn't enough, it's time to play very close attention to precisely what the negative events are and why they are negative. What sorts of emotions are they bringing up in you? Use metaphorization. Check on things like your diet and your sleep patterns. See if there are elements of your life that you can simplify. You will have to figure out the areas of your life that are causing you mental conflict... discuss them with your analyst and work on it together.

25 minutes ago, AlldayLoop said:

-Is doing self-inquiry sessions lying down being lazy? Or does it not really matter if one is sitting or lying down? 

It doesn't matter where you start... but ultimately self-inquiry has to be done at every waking moment... while you are doing everything else in your life.

The definition of dissociative disorders and psychosis seems to have some similarities with awakening and enlightenment. Can you please explain how they seemingly seem alike, but one seems like hell and the other heaven?

Well, psychosis is a severe disorganization of thought. Enlightenment organizes thought.

Dissociative disorders have a vague kind of relation, but they are involuntary, uncontrolled, embedded in a set of mistaken beliefs and a wrong story, and ultimately still egoic.

The basic difference is that spiritual awakening is pursued in a conscious, disciplined manner with an intellectual big picture and work done on one's emotions, and that awakening is the result of a quiet, concentrated mind and these other two are the result of disordered, darkened minds.

8 minutes ago, winterknight said:

It doesn't matter where you start... but ultimately self-inquiry has to be done at every waking moment... while you are doing everything else in your life.

Does this apply to an awakened being as well (even though they found what they were searching for)? Is self-inquiry meaningless to them at that stage?

Edited by AlldayLoop

Just now, AlldayLoop said:

Does this apply to an awakened being as well (even though they attained what they were searching for)? Is self-inquiry meaningless to them at that stage?

It is is meaningless at that stage.

@winterknight Out of curiosity, do you do any meditation or self-inquiry practices anymore? If not, when was the last time you’ve done so?

Also, how could it be that someone like Eckhart Tolle could have have a spontaneous awakening... by self-inquiring about himself, all without having any serious intellectual framework of spirituality to begin with? Why do others seemingly spend an enormous amount of time building up this intellectual foundation, listen to masters for hundreds of hours, and do all sorts of non-conventional techniques to even get a taste of the true self? 

I didn’t mean to sound like I’m whining and making excuses as to why I can’t discover who I am, but is there a logical explanation for this?

4 minutes ago, AlldayLoop said:

@winterknight Out of curiosity, do you do any meditation or self-inquiry practices anymore? If not, when was the last time you’ve done so?

I chant a mantra for about 5 minutes in the morning. You don't need to do self-inquiry any more when you know who you are. Do you need to keep asking yourself your own name?

Also, how could it be that someone like Eckhart Tolle could have have a spontaneous awakening... by self-inquiring about himself, all without having any serious intellectual framework of spirituality to begin with? Why do others seemingly spend an enormous amount of time building up this intellectual foundation, listen to masters for hundreds of hours, and do all sorts of non-conventional techniques to even get a taste of the true self? 

I didn’t mean to sound like I’m whining and making excuses as to why I can’t discover who I am, but is there a logical explanation for this?

The conventional explanation is that someone like him -- if he is awakened -- would have done all that in previous lives. 

4 minutes ago, winterknight said:

You don't need to do self-inquiry any more when you know who you are. Do you need to keep asking yourself your own name?

Not to sound funny, but what if an awakening being got diagnosed with Alzheimer’s? Would they forget who they are then?

1 minute ago, AlldayLoop said:

Not to sound funny, but what if an awakening being got diagnosed with Alzheimer’s? Would they forget who they are then?

The question comes from a misconception of what awakening is (same wrong assumptions as your prior questions). Awakening is the realization that you are not the mind, not the person at all. There is no "you." Alzheimer's cannot affect that.

Actually there are no awakened beings, in fact. There is only awakening.