winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

Who is this thinker who thinks himself separate from silence? Ask within, now, and see.

2 hours ago, Beginner Mind said:

@winterknight How helpful can it be to simply sit in silence?  Not inquiring, not doing anything...?

Helpful. And if you can then stay in that silence even when you get up and move around and interact — even better.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

@winterknight Is it possible for someone to fully awaken to their true nature (enlightenement), but still have suicidal thoughts — or even to commit/die by suicide?

I pondered upon this question several times because I assume that serious mental health conditions are similar to that of diseases like cancer or diabetes, in that one cannot simply get rid of that human condition simply by just knowing their true nature.

Or is it still plausible to say that once one is awakened, the thought or action of suicide becomes completely irrelevant to them and it would be impossible to happen?

2 hours ago, Beginner Mind said:

@winterknight How does one stay in the silence?  By not thinking?

Right. If you can do that, do that. No voluntary thought. If it comes up involuntarily that’s fine, but you relax and don’t put any effort into thought. 

2 hours ago, AlldayLoop said:

@winterknight Is it possible for someone to fully awaken to their true nature (enlightenement), but still have suicidal thoughts — or even to commit/die by suicide?

I pondered upon this question several times because I assume that serious mental health conditions are similar to that of diseases like cancer or diabetes, in that one cannot simply get rid of that human condition simply by just knowing their true nature.

Or is it still plausible to say that once one is awakened, the thought or action of suicide becomes completely irrelevant to them and it would be impossible to happen?

It can happen. Rare but possible. 

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

Can dreams analysis or lucid dreaming help reach enlightenment ?

8 hours ago, Beginner Mind said:

@winterknight How helpful can it be to simply sit in silence?  Not inquiring, not doing anything...?

Silence (deep inner silence), and object-less awareness are one and the same. So, sitting in inner silence is synonymous with sitting, or being in your own true nature of pure awareness.

Set your body aside.
Sit in your own awareness.
You will at once be happy,
Forever still,
Forever free.
Ashtavakra Gita (1.4)

Not a question, just a recommendation. 

Can you remove that orange carpet or what ever it is from your room when your doing videos. 

Its a real strain on my eyes and attention. My eyes are absorbing the colour complexity and the presence your emitting and it’s seen as “light” the carpet is dark orange and it opposes the contrast of the whole picture :) 

it also doesn’t let your beautiful skin complexity shine through ahah! 

Edited by Aakash

1 hour ago, Aakash said:

Not a question, just a recommendation. 

Can you remove that orange carpet or what ever it is from your room when your doing videos. 

Its a real strain on my eyes and attention. My eyes are absorbing the colour complexity and the presence your emitting and it’s seen as “light” the carpet is dark orange and it opposes the contrast of the whole picture :) 

it also doesn’t let your beautiful skin complexity shine through ahah! 

Do you mean the orange thing in the corner? It's not a carpet, it's a tube of wrapping paper. Sure, I'll remove it. Thanks.

Apologies if you’ve answered this question frequently already. 

How important would you say nutrition and exercise is on the enlightenment journey? 

@Keyhole ? thank god it wasn’t only me, I was wondering if I was being too picky ahah! 

1 hour ago, AlldayLoop said:

Apologies if you’ve answered this question frequently already. 

How important would you say nutrition and exercise is on the enlightenment journey? 

It’s important inasmuch as it helps keep a quiet mind. Harder to do that if your habits are wildly out of control. But no need for obsession or anything. The key is to examine yourself and see what helps you keep a calm mind. 

What’s your view on reincarnation? Is it possible that I will be born as a zebra or another animal after I leave my physical body?

16 minutes ago, AlldayLoop said:

What’s your view on reincarnation? Is it possible that I will be born as a zebra or another animal after I leave my physical body?

If you assume that you were born and that you will die, then yes, there is reincarnation. If you engage in self-inquiry, you might not find that you were ever born in the first place.