winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Nemo28 said:

@winterknight I read the website you linked, it's very good and the info resonate with me. Okay, I see that 'I am" is just a thought and there is dimension deeper than that, I can I fact rest in that peace, where nothing is lacking, but yes, the mind comes in and starts to ask questions, gets dissatisfied, cause it has desires. It asks for supernatural things, it desires unexplainable, yet to mind everything seems logical, reasonable and can be explained by thinking, connecting dots. I want to fly like superman in this reality, make fire from my bare hands, fly dragon across sky etc.. But I can't fulfill those desires simply because they are impossible to do. I know it's just my mind creating all these phantasies, yet how can I rest in the Self if the mind still feels dissatisfied and asks for these miracles? Do you think that even if those miracles would be fulfilled I still wouldn't be satisfied, is it really hamster wheel?

So relentlessly inquire into who the "I" is that wants these things using the link above. Every time a thought comes up, curiously, relentlessly investigate who the "I" is that wants it. Some people can simply surrender. If you're not satisfied with that, then look into the I. It is not enough that you can rest in the I since you're not satisfied with that. So inquire. That means a concentrated hunt for the source of the I feeling.

And/or pursue the other parts of the path that I mention in the link I gave above (read the whole thing very carefully) on there: get an intellectual framework (read my book, read the scriptures) & delve into your emotional baggage (go get psychoanalysis, a particular kind of therapy).

Be curious about that. Yes, even if the miracles are fuflilled you wouldn’t be satisfied.

I imagine enlightenment is ability to detach from my body - mind and enter another body, like yours for e. g. But if that could be possible I would be you. In a way I guess it is happening, just not in my experience, cause the nature of mind is to radiate from first person (one point) view. So if I wanted to become you, I would have to dissaper.. Is it true? 

Enlightenment is not this. And yes, you would have to disappear, but that's not really the point. Find the answers to your questions by following the path as I have given it above. Get your intellectual framework, deal with your emotional baggage, engage in relentless self-inquiry.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

@winterknight okay as I'm intensely focusing on the question who is the awareness feeling all these things and to whom these desires occur I can slowly feel these thoughts of desiring supernatural loose its power, it feels kinda silly, thoughts seem to have very dream like feel, if I continue on this I can see any thought occurring will have no weight at all, kinda like when doing psyhadelics :D

@winterknight when concentrating on the awareness in which thoughts occur I feel kind of freedom, there is no problem, there's just awareness and it feels good. Should I stay in that awareness? 

23 minutes ago, Nemo28 said:

@winterknight when concentrating on the awareness in which thoughts occur I feel kind of freedom, there is no problem, there's just awareness and it feels good. Should I stay in that awareness? 

If you can maintain this freedom which feels good while you are doing other things and living life, not just sitting down, yes, you can simply be there. And if a doubt/desire/dissatisfaction comes up, inquire and return to that peace.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

5 minutes ago, FoxFoxFox said:

@winterknight Not a question, but a probe: tell us something about love, if you please.

There’s nothing in the abstract to be said about it that’s very useful. The word is used in so many ways. It has cultural meanings, literary meanings, psychological meanings, social meanings, philosophical meanings, spiritual meanings. I could give you a kind of Hallmark quote, something like the ultimate love is just the Self, or something like that, but I’m not sure it’s particularly useful just in the abstract...

I guess I could say that from the spiritual point of view, love is still relational, and the truth goes beyond relation. The truth goes beyond love, hate, and indifference. At the same time, love is kind of reflection of the truth of non-duality.

But still, not very useful.

26 minutes ago, winterknight said:

If you can maintain this freedom which feels good while you are doing other things and living life, not just sitting down, yes, you can simply be there. And if a doubt/desire/dissatisfaction comes up, inquire and return to that peace.

Is That what's enlightenment is about? 

23 minutes ago, Nemo28 said:

Is That what's enlightenment is about? 

It's much closer to what it's about. Enlightenment is really realizing that there is nothing but that, there's never been anything but that. But practicing that leads to that realization.

Just now, Keyhole said:

Is there a method for remembering to return to this place?

I'm extremely forgetful and prone to daydreaming.

I have little notes around the house to remind me but I forget that they are there.

Sounds like unconscious emotional conflicts that you need to work through. Go get psychoanalysis (a particular form of therapy).

@winterknight just being aware on awareness certainly eliminates all the thoughts, and you enter thoughtless state which feels very nice, very interesting. Before I kinda felt like I needed to close my eyes to absorb myself into The Self, but now I can remain as just That, feels great! Thank you winterknight ♥️

8 hours ago, Nemo28 said:

@winterknight just being aware on awareness certainly eliminates all the thoughts, and you enter thoughtless state which feels very nice, very interesting. Before I kinda felt like I needed to close my eyes to absorb myself into The Self, but now I can remain as just That, feels great! Thank you winterknight ♥️

You're very welcome

6 hours ago, Keyhole said:

@winterknight Would ordinary talk therapy be just as useful?

I'm on medicare, so my options are more limited.  

Psychoanalysis is a specific form of talk therapy, and no, other forms generally aren't as useful. Follow these instructions to find an institute (and/or let me know your location and I'll help you find one), contact them, and ask them for a referral. They'll find you someone who will work with your financial situation.

@winterknight  no that i know i know experience is an illusion, 

I seem to have "awareness" seems be merging with the formless. Meaning "awareness" is now an illusion, its like all there seems to be 

The best way i can describe this is, 

if you everything in reality or lets say a fire, and you zoomed into it for infinity, you would eventually see the fire is not what is actually there

its empty what i mean is a "no -thing particle" with no height, width, depth, center or outside, inside. but now take out the zooming effect and its just still 

What can you tell me about my self-inquiry position and where it is at? 

1 minute ago, Aakash said:

@winterknight  What can you tell me about my self-inquiry position and where it is at? 

Your position is that you're addicted to words, ideas, and images. True self-inquiry is about ignoring all of these. If you simply dropped all the words and ideas, all the thoughts, all the cool descriptions... 

@winterknight  I see what you mean, the simple fact i am asking you or trying to confirm it with someone is getting me re-attached to the body and mind, its like i can't ask anybody because that puts me back where i came from. So what do you suggest, just to trust myself? 

edit: yeah man it makes sense, the very act of trying to name or describe it, is the problem

Edited by Aakash

9 minutes ago, Aakash said:

@winterknight  I see what you mean, the simple fact i am asking you or trying to confirm it with someone is getting me re-attached to the body and mind, its like i can't ask anybody because that puts me back where i came from. So what do you suggest, just to trust myself? 

edit: yeah man it makes sense, the very act of trying to name or describe it, is the problem

I suggest trying to relentlessly turn the mind away from thoughts to the "I" who is aware of them.

The very thought "How do I confirm it?" is a thought based on ignorance. The thought "What do you suggest?" is a thought based on ignorance. The question "should I just trust myself?" is a thought based on ignorance. "Am I there yet?" "What is my position?" etc. etc. etc. -- the same.

Stop looking for answers. Stop trying to understand. Ignore all thoughts.

Take a break from this forum for 30 days -- can you do that? (you've said it many times before but have never been successful) -- and in that time relentlessly focus on the I, ignoring all thoughts, all words, all questions. No matter what comes to mind, ignore it and turn back to the I.

Edited by winterknight

@winterknight Yeah i'm planning on not answering questions or giving insights in the rest of the forum, just asking questions on this thread if i need to. It feels like my when i stop aka stop thinking. I automatically go deeper without my intention too. So i come back, it's probably because of the reason you've suggested above. 

Alright yeah, i guess it's become pointless to ask you as well. its me being attached to my thoughts as we've said and then attaching meaning. 

thanks, i will do that. Just going to sit in silence, my mind even though its processing, is still detached to my "awareness" so i guess this will only grow stronger in silence

thank you :) 

Edited by Aakash

How can I know how to act when it seems like I never had a choice in who I was going to be?

3 minutes ago, Matys said:

How can I know how to act when it seems like I never had a choice in who I was going to be?

If you ask this question, then the next question you should be asking is: who is the one wondering this? Are you the one who has to know how to act?

Engage in self-inquiry; it's the only way to get an answer.

2 minutes ago, winterknight said:

If you ask this question, then the next question you should be asking is: who is the one wondering this? Are you the one who has to know how to act?

Engage in self-inquiry; it's the only way to get an answer.

I fear the instability this line of inquiry will bring me, but I see what you mean and I will try. Thank you kindly.