winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, Einsteinonacid said:

I don’t know if this has been asked yet but, how has your relationship with your family changed?

I don't really answer questions about 'my' experience because the answers are inevitably misleading... 

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

@winterknight Hey, just now I had sudden feeling that I am whatever I look at. So for e.g. If I see old lady pass by me, I feel like I am that lady, and when she looks at me she is me, how well this fits into enlightenment paradigm? 

22 hours ago, winterknight said:

I don't really answer questions about 'my' experience because the answers are inevitably misleading... 

Do you see teachers who openly talk about this as misleading? Rupert is a good example. He is understanding of the ‘my’ ‘experience’ situation, fully understands the sorting of this is for the seeker to discover, and thus talks about his wife, son, Malfred, etc, openly. How is he misleading people in doing this? Thanks! ??

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@winterknight  What makes you not want to ride the ox backwards, in the end, it doesn't make you any less enlightened because this is an impossibility. However, like is it pointless to yourself. 

Or are you using ad-vita teachings, instead of creating your own teachings based on practically your own direct experiences. There is no contradictions ... you could even create a neo-neo advita teaching. 

I understand there not being a reason to, but i mean wouldn't it be cool for your little self ahaha 

Edited by Aakash

2 hours ago, Nemo28 said:

@winterknight Hey, just now I had sudden feeling that I am whatever I look at. So for e.g. If I see old lady pass by me, I feel like I am that lady, and when she looks at me she is me, how well this fits into enlightenment paradigm? 

It’s a small glimpse of the truth. It’s a good thing, but enlightenment ultimately goes beyond “she” and “me” though. 

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

Do you see teachers who openly talk about this as misleading? Rupert is a good example. He is understanding of the ‘my’ ‘experience’ situation, fully understands the sorting of this is for the seeker to discover, and thus talks about his wife, son, Malfred, etc, openly. How is he misleading people in doing this? Thanks! ??

Well, I don’t say that other teachers can't have different approaches, and anyway in some sense every word spoken about spirituality is a lie... that said, when the enlightened mind thinks the “I” behind the “my,” if it is honest the mind stops. It can talk as if it doesn’t, but that’s just a conventional language borrowed from habit. 

15 minutes ago, Aakash said:

@winterknight  What makes you not want to ride the ox backwards, in the end, it doesn't make you any less enlightened because this is an impossibility. However, like is it pointless to yourself. 

Or are you using ad-vita teachings, instead of creating your own teachings based on practically your own direct experiences. There is no contradictions ... you could even create a neo-neo advita teaching. 

I understand there not being a reason to, but i mean wouldn't it be cool for your little self ahaha 

The only meaning of riding the ox back is to get rid of any notion of any ox or anyone there to ride it. 

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

2 minutes ago, winterknight said:

Well, I don’t say that other teachers can't have different approaches, and anyway in some sense every word spoken about spirituality is a lie... that said, when the enlightened mind thinks the “I” behind the “my,” if it is honest the mind stops. It can talk as if it doesn’t, but that’s just a conventional language borrowed from habit. 

interesting, this could be a possibility. I remember rupert saying something about him having the possibility of him losing it. So this would verify what you've said. 

5 minutes ago, winterknight said:

The only meaning of riding the ox back is to get rid of any notion of any ox or anyone there to ride it. 

Ohh i see, but this doesn't explain why some enlightened beings are at higher levels of relative consciousness than others. Did they not make the choice to do so or is it still the play - playing out. They are even detached from it 

I feel like this is the only question i can ask now, everything is put into context except this question. 

So could i have a really good answer thanks! 

34 minutes ago, Aakash said:

enlightened beings

There are no enlightened beings.

^^^ This will help you understand why there are different levels of relative consciousness.

There are simply different people with different qualities, knowledge and traits.

You may as well be asking, why are some enlightened beings males and other females. Or why do some have long hair and others are bald.

These why are some enlightened beings ____________ questions stem from your incomplete understanding.

@Aakash

Edited by SoonHei

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

15 minutes ago, Aakash said:

Ohh i see, but this doesn't explain why some enlightened beings are at higher levels of relative consciousness than others. Did they not make the choice to do so or is it still the play - playing out. They are even detached from it 

I feel like this is the only question i can ask now, everything is put into context except this question. 

So could i have a really good answer thanks! 

What Soonhei said above is true. There really are no enlightened beings. Your mind is running around in circles with concepts... you will never understand this way.

@SoonHei @winterknight  

Yeah my whole life makes sense now thanks 

so basically the only thing enlightenment offers is truth of true self and peace? is this an accurate statement

2 minutes ago, Aakash said:

@SoonHei @winterknight  

Yeah my whole life makes sense now thanks 

so basically the only thing enlightenment offers is truth of true self and peace? is this an accurate statement

Strictly speaking there are no accurate statements that may be made about enlightenment

@winterknight yeah i've had a 20 minute experience of it just 30 minutes ago. It made me understand the limitations of all teachings and words. 

it doesn't offer truth because it is mysterious itself, nothing can be said about it with 100% accuracy. 

@Aakash you cannot say enlightenment offers this/that or only truth + peace or just truth or just peace. 

it may also offer a vision. or laughter or nothing.

point is. you know this statement to be true: you cannot capture enlightenment in a concept. and as WinterSoilder said: 

16 minutes ago, winterknight said:

Strictly speaking there are no accurate statements that may be made about enlightenment

why then are you Aakash trying so hard to understand it with a concept?

each time you see yourself doing this, remind yourself this: I am trying to taste something I have not eaten by reading about it. reading will not make me taste it.

in other words, it is not possible. you must eat it to taste it. or smell it to know it's fragrances. words can only do so much.

also this:

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

@SoonHei @winterknight yeah i've had a 20 minute experience of it just 30 minutes ago. It made me understand the limitations of all teachings and words. 

it doesn't offer truth because it is mysterious itself, nothing can be said about it with 100% accuracy. 

Thanks all my existential questions have been answered. 

It's a passion a hobby :)  I love modelling absolute infinity. It will probably continue 

However, i won't be here to see it xD

Edited by Aakash

1 hour ago, Aakash said:

@SoonHei @winterknight . 

Thanks all my existential questions have been answered. 

Until...the next imaginary SD stage rainbow or white or whatever becomes the new buzz among the mental masturbator community:ph34r:

?

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@winterknight

Interested in your take on this verse from drik drishshya viveka.

"When identification with the body disappears

And the supreme Self is known,

Wherever the mind goes

There is the experience of samadhi(perfection)"

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@winterknight Hello! Question :

I know it's mental mastrubation but bear with me.. 

So why is it that I feel consciousness is radiating from particular body - "mind point, which is my point of view, why this particular body-mind? Why is it that my experiences are not your experiences? Even if you are enlightened, you still exist in your own bubble, you can not enter my bubble, by bubble I mean life experience (can be thought as story too I guess). I can I fact understand this misconception of thinking you're just this mind body, but my I can't understand why the consciousness appears to radiate from this particular (my) body mind, is it perhaps mystery? 

19 hours ago, Preetom said:

@winterknight

Interested in your take on this verse from drik drishshya viveka.

"When identification with the body disappears

And the supreme Self is known,

Wherever the mind goes

There is the experience of samadhi(perfection)"

Well it's just yet another way of saying the same unsayable thing, namely, that when the veil of ignorance constructed by body identification is pierced, the mind is then 'seen' consistently in the context of its Background. That background is Peace, "brahma rasa," (the taste of the ultimate/aesthetic bliss), the 'experience of pure being,' etc. It's what Ramana Maharshi calls sahaja samadhi; it's equivalent to what he says when he says he sees only the Self.

Or is there some other aspect of this that you're wondering about?

4 hours ago, Nemo28 said:

@winterknight Hello! Question :

I know it's mental mastrubation but bear with me.. 

So why is it that I feel consciousness is radiating from particular body - "mind point, which is my point of view, why this particular body-mind? Why is it that my experiences are not your experiences? Even if you are enlightened, you still exist in your own bubble, you can not enter my bubble, by bubble I mean life experience (can be thought as story too I guess). I can I fact understand this misconception of thinking you're just this mind body, but my I can't understand why the consciousness appears to radiate from this particular (my) body mind, is it perhaps mystery? 

Right. So you can view this particular mystery two ways. Either you can say: it's something that simply cannot be understood by the human mind, but that God alone can understand. That's one way of putting it.

Another way is, if you pursue self-inquiry to its 'end,' then you will dissolve the ground on which this question stands. The question itself will turn out to be unaskable or in some sense incoherent.

1 hour ago, winterknight said:

Well it's just yet another way of saying the same unsayable thing, namely, that when the veil of ignorance constructed by body identification is pierced, the mind is then 'seen' consistently in the context of its Background. That background is Peace, "brahma rasa," (the taste of the ultimate/aesthetic bliss), the 'experience of pure being,' etc. It's what Ramana Maharshi calls sahaja samadhi; it's equivalent to what he says when he says he sees only the Self.

Or is there some other aspect of this that you're wondering about?

Nah makes sense. Thank you :D

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@winterknight I read the website you linked, it's very good and the info resonate with me. Okay, I see that 'I am" is just a thought and there is dimension deeper than that, I can I fact rest in that peace, where nothing is lacking, but yes, the mind comes in and starts to ask questions, gets dissatisfied, cause it has desires. It asks for supernatural things, it desires unexplainable, yet to mind everything seems logical, reasonable and can be explained by thinking, connecting dots. I want to fly like superman in this reality, make fire from my bare hands, fly dragon across sky etc.. But I can't fulfill those desires simply because they are impossible to do. I know it's just my mind creating all these phantasies, yet how can I rest in the Self if the mind still feels dissatisfied and asks for these miracles? Do you think that even if those miracles would be fulfilled I still wouldn't be satisfied, is it really hamster wheel? I imagine enlightenment is ability to detach from my body - mind and enter another body, like yours for e. g. But if that could be possible I would be you. In a way I guess it is happening, just not in my experience, cause the nature of mind is to radiate from first person (one point) view. So if I wanted to become you, I would have to dissaper.. Is it true?