winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, SunnyNewDay said:

I just had a bit of a scary experience while listening to one of @Leo videos on what reality is.

I felt completely alone and for a moment I started to experience what I think was "source." It is a sort of empty feeling where I felt absolutely  alone and like nothing else existed except what I was directly then, mind was almost silent, there was no time, only felt this way before on psychadelics. Lasted about 3 seconds. Pulled myself out of it cause I don't think I'm ready to push, intensify and explore these experiences too hard. 

Any ideas or thoughts on such an experience?

Sounds like it was a glimpse of the truth. Doesn't change the need to follow the path by learning, purifying the emotions by getting therapy, etc. & doing self-inquiry.

17 minutes ago, Aeris said:

How can you be so sure that you're enlightened ?

If all ideas are delusion does it makes your idea of enlightment real ?

Is the non aware enlightened aswell to the master ? 

What kind of power enlightment has given you ?

Could I say that enlightenment is a perpetual process. Or that is corruption of the meaning ?

Did you take any form of egoic pleasure from this kind of work ?

What is the point for you to speak to the non-enlightened ? 

Am I enlightened ? If not what should I do ?

I don't speak about my own experience because it's always misleading. Enlightenment doesn't give powers or anything like that.

It sounds like you need some of the basics of enlightenment -- like why you would believe in it, and what it even is. I'd recommend reading my book as a start. If you read it and have questions, let me know.

13 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

What is God? 

How is creation possible? 

What is the reason behind creation?

Description of The Void? 

What is Consciousness? 

What is perception? 

Same advice to you. Get the basics of an intellectual framework. Read my book and then some other books on my recommended reading list. Giving you one-sentence answers to these kinds of massive philosophical questions here is not going to help you much.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

Can you give answer atleast on this question? 

What God is?

It is quite simple answer if you are enlightened. There is no need for "intellectual" and philosophical answer. 

4 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Can you give answer atleast on this question? 

What God is?

It is quite simple answer if you are enlightened. There is no need for "intellectual" and philosophical answer. 

God is what is when you stop thinking.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

during a day asking who i am is same effective as sitting in meditation pose and doing self inquiry?

12 minutes ago, sidaz10 said:

during a day asking who i am is same effective as sitting in meditation pose and doing self inquiry?

self inquiry should be done at all waking moments, not just in sitting meditation. Sitting meditation is only useful at the very beginning, just for a little practice.

And 'asking who am I' is not really anything -- self-inquiry is tracing the I feeling. Read my guide very carefully and follow it.

Edited by winterknight

No mind state achieved.. Ok empty perception with no cognition. 

But somehow it Just feels it is not IT

What are sensations? 

18 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Who am I ask you this questions? 

you aren’t who you think you are

you aren’t who I think you are 

you are who you think i think you are 

9_9

Edited by DrewNows

@winterknight

Hello hope you are doing well. 

I kinda touched on this a bit before but I'd be grateful if you could elaborate more on this topic.

The topic is the concept of 'life' and 'consciousness'.

Upon doing self inquiry, I inevitably reach a point where the concept of 'life' literally vanishes. 'Life' turns out to be an utter illusion. Thoughts, emotions, sensations, sights, sounds etc none has absolutely no life in them. This illusion of life only seems to persist in inadvertance. But when probbed and inquired, it is gone.

My question is, is this what is meant by Maya or primal illusion/ignorance?

Like exactly in a dream at night, all the people and surroundings seems to be so alive and interacting among them. But really they were, are or will never be 'alive'. Same case in waking state, the illusion of movement and change create this illusion of 'life'. But when inquired, 'life' is never found. This verily undermines our natural outlook of treating everything as alive. Maya caught us by the throat.

Same deal with 'consciousness'. Upon inquiry, it is found that the ONLY aware element is 'I'. It is nowhere to be found, there is only a sense of existence and upon deep inquiry even that fades away as well.

So dovetailing with the 'life' question, being a 'conscious' agent is another trick of Maya. Ultimately non-existence and yet dominating all throughout our lives.

Now having all that said, I usually ignore all these perceptual discoveries and instead try to lock on the 'I' who notices these shifts in self-inquiry, as it should be done. 

So I'd like to hear your take on the concept of 'life' and 'consciousness' that you came across through your own discovery. Thanks.

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

20 hours ago, Preetom said:

@winterknight

Hello hope you are doing well. 

I kinda touched on this a bit before but I'd be grateful if you could elaborate more on this topic.

The topic is the concept of 'life' and 'consciousness'.

Upon doing self inquiry, I inevitably reach a point where the concept of 'life' literally vanishes. 'Life' turns out to be an utter illusion. Thoughts, emotions, sensations, sights, sounds etc none has absolutely no life in them. This illusion of life only seems to persist in inadvertance. But when probbed and inquired, it is gone.

My question is, is this what is meant by Maya or primal illusion/ignorance?

Like exactly in a dream at night, all the people and surroundings seems to be so alive and interacting among them. But really they were, are or will never be 'alive'. Same case in waking state, the illusion of movement and change create this illusion of 'life'. But when inquired, 'life' is never found. This verily undermines our natural outlook of treating everything as alive. Maya caught us by the throat.

Same deal with 'consciousness'. Upon inquiry, it is found that the ONLY aware element is 'I'. It is nowhere to be found, there is only a sense of existence and upon deep inquiry even that fades away as well.

So dovetailing with the 'life' question, being a 'conscious' agent is another trick of Maya. Ultimately non-existence and yet dominating all throughout our lives.

Now having all that said, I usually ignore all these perceptual discoveries and instead try to lock on the 'I' who notices these shifts in self-inquiry, as it should be done. 

So I'd like to hear your take on the concept of 'life' and 'consciousness' that you came across through your own discovery. Thanks.

Like anything else, really, life and consciousness are concepts — that is, they are language constructs built upon the illusion of a division between “I” and “other.”

When the mind is in recognized silence and that separation is revealed to be wrong, the meaning of the concepts, too, must go.

Maya in this context, it might be said, is the tendency to try to understand these concepts — even as illusions. Even to call them illusions or maya is in a sense to give them too much credit.

When the mind is immersed in its own constant nameless silence, these questions about when the certain things are illusory or not themselves do not make sense. It isn’t that things “appear” lifeless, but that the entire concept of seeming alive or dead is wrong. 

2 hours ago, winterknight said:

Like anything else, really, life and consciousness are concepts — that is, they are language constructs built upon the illusion of a division between “I” and “other.”

When the mind is in recognized silence and that separation is revealed to be wrong, the meaning of the concepts, too, must go.

Maya in this context, it might be said, is the tendency to try to understand these concepts — even as illusions. Even to call them illusions or maya is in a sense to give them too much credit.

When the mind is immersed in its own constant nameless silence, these questions about when the certain things are illusory or not themselves do not make sense. It isn’t that things “appear” lifeless, but that the entire concept of seeming alive or dead is wrong. 

Thanks for replying!

This outlook is really disturbing, especially in the beginning. 

Stephen Wolinsky often says language is abstract representation of things that don't really exist.

So the question is, is there really an actual human behind the word 'human'? Is there an actual thing called life behind the word 'life'? So on and so forth.

It seems like a gigantic house of cards about to collapse from a single poke. 

"All pointers point to that which is not"

Scary stuff 9_9

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

How has the relationship to other people changed?

Why does the cookie crumble?

B R E A T H E

Hey @winterknight could you further explain this paragraph from your blog post: 

The “I am” thought, which is, after all, just a thought, is painful and binding because of another invisible thought — it’s the ‘veiling’ thought. That is, the fact that the “I am” thought is itself merely a filter for the original pure light, is hidden. There is an invisible thought that ‘covers up’ the fact of the space within which thoughts occur. It hides that space. It hides the reflectivity of thought and perception — the fact that these are all things that occur to us.

What do you mean by invisible thought? Is this supposed to mean an unconscious quality? Would it be correct to assume that you are referring to the "I am" thought hogging all of awareness?  

@FoxFoxFox No , he is talking about the invisible thought. Which is present when there is an absent of thought. 

In other words, stop using thought and quite the mind. 

Then what ever remains

THAT is the invisible thought which is not it. 

You must keep going until there is   "[      ]"      that which no symbol or words can point to

Edited by Aakash

On 7/28/2019 at 0:35 PM, Preetom said:

“All pointers point to that which is not"

Scary stuff 9_9

:D

11 hours ago, lennart said:

How has the relationship to other people changed?

I don’t really answer questions about “my” experience, since the answers are always misleading...

9 hours ago, pluto said:

Why does the cookie crumble?

Who says it crumbles?

31 minutes ago, FoxFoxFox said:

Hey @winterknight could you further explain this paragraph from your blog post: 

The “I am” thought, which is, after all, just a thought, is painful and binding because of another invisible thought — it’s the ‘veiling’ thought. That is, the fact that the “I am” thought is itself merely a filter for the original pure light, is hidden. There is an invisible thought that ‘covers up’ the fact of the space within which thoughts occur. It hides that space. It hides the reflectivity of thought and perception — the fact that these are all things that occur to us.

What do you mean by invisible thought? Is this supposed to mean an unconscious quality? Would it be correct to assume that you are referring to the "I am" thought hogging all of awareness?  

The so-called “invisible thought” is what is known in the eastern religions as “ignorance,” “forgetfulness,” “avarana,” “avidya,” or “maya.” It is what seems to prevent us from noticing that the “I am” occurs against a boundless backdrop.

It’s just a theoretical construct, really. Search for ignorance and of course it will then be recognized that it was never the case.

@winterknight man that was a top notch answer. I was going to write what ever “answer” wintersolider gives you is not it . So I guess the best words were what ever stop you from seeing true self ahah thanks I’ll take a lesson from that 

I don’t know if this has been asked yet but, how has your relationship with your family changed?