winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, winterknight said:

Yup

Do you feel good when enlightened? Do you feel anything?

1 minute ago, SunnyNewDay said:

Do you feel good when enlightened? Do you feel anything?

That depends on what you mean by "I" and "feel" and "good" and "anything." 

The truth is that the truth about the experience of enlightenment can never be expressed in words, which is why I try not to answer questions about this point. 

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

When one surrenders, what exactly are they surrendering to?  God's Will?

1 hour ago, Beginner Mind said:

When one surrenders, what exactly are they surrendering to?  God's Will?

You can think of it that way if you want, but the reality is that it doesn't matter what you're surrendering to. Surrender means letting the mind go absolutely relaxed, not worrying about changing anything, going anywhere, intending anything, thinking anything. Not even worrying about watching. Resisting neither action nor inaction.

Just -- going utterly slack mentally.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

2 hours ago, winterknight said:

That depends on what you mean by "I" and "feel" and "good" and "anything." 

The truth is that the truth about the experience of enlightenment can never be expressed in words, which is why I try not to answer questions about this point. 

but surely there is something "good" to becoming enlightened then and it feels good and free? Because I've read about Jesus, Buddha, lots spiritual teachers and it seems like they talk about reaching this point because it's a worthwhile journey. I just don't want to be mislead and find myself feeling nothing because I always felt like I couldn't get anything done or lose all my motivation to do anything if I am released from all my emotions and desires. Do you still feel motivated to do things when enlightened? 

5 minutes ago, SunnyNewDay said:

but surely there is something "good" to becoming enlightened then and it feels good and free? Because I've read about Jesus, Buddha, lots spiritual teachers and it seems like they talk about reaching this point because it's a worthwhile journey. I just don't want to be mislead and find myself feeling nothing because I always felt like I couldn't get anything done or lose all my motivation to do anything if I am released from all my emotions and desires. Do you still feel motivated to do things when enlightened? 

Yes, there is something good about being enlightened. It's freedom from suffering, freedom from ignorance. It is perfection.

After enlightenment you don't identify yourself with the mind so there is no question of motivation or no-motivation. But if you want guarantees in advance that it's going to lead you to be more productive or whatever, that's not what enlightenment is about.

5 minutes ago, winterknight said:

Yes, there is something good about being enlightened. It's freedom from suffering, freedom from ignorance. It is perfection.

After enlightenment you don't identify yourself with the mind so there is no question of motivation or no-motivation. But if you want guarantees in advance that it's going to lead you to be more productive or whatever, that's not what enlightenment is about.

so I'm curious what makes you get up and eat, go about your day, etc? do you still do all the things regular people do? watch tv, meet friends, etc?

41 minutes ago, SunnyNewDay said:

so I'm curious what makes you get up and eat, go about your day, etc? do you still do all the things regular people do? watch tv, meet friends, etc?

Yes, I could say. No, I could say. Depends on your point of view, I could say.

Worrying about what enlightenment is like is a complete waste of time for seekers and 100% misleading. I don't really answer questions about 'my state' for this reason.

Do you think it is possible for an individual with ocd, bipolar disorder and addiction attain enlightenment?

I mean addiction and lower neurotic behaviour run in their genes. 

1 hour ago, Good-boy said:

Do you think it is possible for an individual with ocd, bipolar disorder and addiction attain enlightenment?

I mean addiction and lower neurotic behaviour run in their genes. 

Yes, if there is a strong desire for it.

@winterknight  Hello winterknight, I have 2 questions. 

I read that you once said something in the lines of „psychedelics users often just chase mystical states“. Could you elaborate on that point? For example what is the main difference between meditation/yoga and psychedelic approaches.

When I am trying to overcome negative emotions, I am trying to dissect the sensation in the body and the thought about it and then it kind of redirects my awareness to a more peaceful state. But also, there is this part of understanding emotions and psychoanalysis, how does it really help?

3 hours ago, bejapuskas said:

@winterknight  Hello winterknight, I have 2 questions. 

I read that you once said something in the lines of „psychedelics users often just chase mystical states“. Could you elaborate on that point? For example what is the main difference between meditation/yoga and psychedelic approaches.

Well, someone else actually said that, and I said that might happen sometimes. Psychedelics give you mystical experiences, but enlightenment is not a mystical experience. Mystical experiences start and stop. They end. Enlightenment is about something that never ends, and in fact that is already the case right now.

When I am trying to overcome negative emotions, I am trying to dissect the sensation in the body and the thought about it and then it kind of redirects my awareness to a more peaceful state. But also, there is this part of understanding emotions and psychoanalysis, how does it really help?

Psychoanalysis is a specific kind of therapy that helps people deal with their unconscious baggage. It quiets the mind so that you can engage in self-inquiry with more continuous focus and intensity. Understanding emotions - same deal. Otherwise your unconscious issues will keep coming up and bothering you and prevent you from inquiring.

6 hours ago, Mu_ said:

nvm

what made you change your mind?

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

What are your thoughts on nature?  People often ascribe some sort of spiritual significance to nature.  How do you see it?

4 hours ago, Beginner Mind said:

What are your thoughts on nature?  People often ascribe some sort of spiritual significance to nature.  How do you see it?

It's spiritually significant only inasmuch as it can, for some people, quiet their minds temporarily... and maybe give them a glimpse of their underlying nature. Other than that, there's nothing extra special about 'nature' as compared to anything else. Or really, everything is nature, including culture. Humans create culture as naturally as spiders build webs.

3 hours ago, Aeris said:

What do all gods lack of ?

I don't understand. Can you rephrase this question?

I just had a bit of a scary experience while listening to one of @Leo videos on what reality is.

I felt completely alone and for a moment I started to experience what I think was "source." It is a sort of empty feeling where I felt absolutely  alone and like nothing else existed except what I was directly then, mind was almost silent, there was no time, only felt this way before on psychadelics. Lasted about 3 seconds. Pulled myself out of it cause I don't think I'm ready to push, intensify and explore these experiences too hard. 

Any ideas or thoughts on such an experience?

4 hours ago, winterknight said:

How can you be so sure that you're enlightened ?

If all ideas are delusion does it makes your idea of enlightment real ?

Is the non aware enlightened aswell to the master ? 

What kind of power enlightment has given you ?

Could I say that enlightenment is a perpetual process. Or that is corruption of the meaning ?

Did you take any form of egoic pleasure from this kind of work ?

What is the point for you to speak to the non-enlightened ? 

Am I enlightened ? If not what should I do ?

Edited by Aeris

What is God? 

How is creation possible? 

What is the reason behind creation?

Description of The Void? 

What is Consciousness? 

What is perception? 

What is time? 

What is space? 

Origin of Consciousness? 

What is limitation? 

Edited by zeroISinfinity