winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, winterknight said:

If you look deeply into enough into the I, it will become clear that ignorance is not the case and has never been the case.

Not to harp on this, but, I can assure you I have no direct experience of being anything other than a human being.  Can you elaborate on how ignorance isn't the case?

Edited by Beginner Mind

1 hour ago, Salvijus said:

What's the difference between atma-vichara, self-inquiry form like Ramana Maharshi or Mooji is teaching and neti neti? 

I sometimes feel like there're many ways to do self-inquiry. But they all seem to produce somewhat different results. Like they have a differerent taste when you do them. Yet it also feels like the basis is the same. 

Sometimes I observe the effort, sometimes I observe the movement of my mind, sometimes I observe my identity or self-image, sometimes I question who sees the self-image, sometimes I do neti neti, not this, not this while also observing the identity, person. So many ways to do it. Is it all the same or It's actually different? 

Neti neti is just a concept. Self-inquiry properly done is a focus on something which seems to be literally in your experience every second -- the sense that "I am."

No method is effective unless it gets you to look closely at this "I am"... all the other rivers just lead to that in the end.

1 hour ago, Beginner Mind said:

Not to harp on this, but, I can assure you I have no direct experience of being anything other than a human being.  Can you elaborate on how ignorance isn't the case?

It's not really comprehensible until your ignorance (which doesn't exist) is gone. Basically ignorance is a concept... all concepts are false. That's what enlightenment reveals.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

You yourself are a concept in the Mind of God.  You are both real and illusion simultaneously.   So to say concept is false is only half true - or true based on perspective.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

When you become enlightened or whatever does that mean you stay this way if you are reincarnated? What does it mean to be enlightened and then die in this reality? Do you go some place better if you were unconscious?

@Salvijus

@winterknight Dear winterknight my understanding so for is Self Enquiry is getting rid of sense of I am.Focussing on I am till it vanishes.

Self Enquiry is getting rid of the identity.

Neti Neti is the basic fundamental principle that the what ever perceived cannot be the perceiver.

Self enquiry technique is based on this principle of Neti Neti or the perceived cannot be the perceiver.

So what is this i am feeling ? Thats self enquiry -

Now why self enquiry need to be done and why the I am sense must be annihilated ? (The body mind i thought  i am) all are appearing in conciousness.

So why it is important to get rid of I am feeling ?

Or the yogis or meditators made it so complex ???? Like vedantins say there is no need of meditation no need of samadhi ? ???

-------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Jkris

18 minutes ago, SunnyNewDay said:

When you become enlightened or whatever does that mean you stay this way if you are reincarnated? What does it mean to be enlightened and then die in this reality? Do you go some place better if you were unconscious?

Enlightenment means that you realize that there is no "you." There's no one to be reincarnated. There was no one who was incarnated in the first place.

2 minutes ago, Jkris said:

@Salvijus

@winterknight Dear winterknight my understanding so for is Self Enquiry is getting rid of sense of I am.Focussing on I am till it vanishes.

Self Enquiry is getting rid of the identity.

Neti Neti is the basic fundamental principle that the what ever perceived cannot be the perceiver.

Self enquiry technique is based on this principle of Neti Neti or the perceived cannot be the perceiver.

So what is this i am feeling ? Thats self enquiry -

Now why self enquiry need to be done and why the I am sense must be annihilated ? (The body mind i thought or i am) all are appearing in conciousness.

So why it is important to get rid of I am feeling ?

Or the yogis or meditators made it so complex ???? Like vedantins say there is no need of meditation no need of samadhi ? ???

It's only important for one who believes themselves to be a seeker, who wants the truth. For them self-inquiry is recommended; and the end of self-inquiry will be to know that one was already That, even without self-inquiry.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

@winterknight

3 minutes ago, winterknight said:

end of self-inquiry will be to know that one was already That, even without self-inquiry.

I see you i would agree 

so why do you call it an illusion, when you know it is not an illusion? 

do you just do this because of the teachings you learned from 

@Aakash you must discover it is an illusion before you can discover that it's not :x

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

5 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Aakash you must discover it is an illusion before you can discover that it's not :x

@Inliytened1 Nice.  It is neither real nor unreal.   

14 minutes ago, Aakash said:

@winterknight

I see you i would agree 

so why do you call it an illusion, when you know it is not an illusion? 

do you just do this because of the teachings you learned from 

The idea that there is separation or ignorance isn't true, yet it certainly seems true to seekers. The fact that it seems that way but isn't is the illusion.

Wait, didn't you decide you were not going to be posting on the forum for two months?

@winterknight Shit happens bro, my whole devilish side got destroyed by consciousness xD

my whole mind got destroyed aswell , it can not locate consciousness xD

plus, yeah man. I never expected to become enlightened basically in the last 2 hours LOL 

i recontextualised my understanding of things and realised what you said was right 

but i was confused about your understanding 

until you said to the seeker it is an illusion. 

Which means you understand that there is no such thing as illusion or real, You are in the mid point of duality. 

The collapse of all duality. 

it is neither. 

but i apologise, i never knew the extent to a complete enlightened state, i also couldn't scale the difference between other beings claimed to be enlightened, the way they talked and why they were so different to the way you talked. 

Also your presence was very different. so yeah, its my bad for not being able to scale you into my model. 

@Inliytened1 i come in peace, there will be no more war for now LOL. i promise

Edited by Aakash

@cetus56 @Inliytened1 @winterknight

wait give me 10 minutes, i'm not expressing myself correctly, i would like to do it accurately with love. 

So wait! i need to find a picture to express what i really mean. 

Sorry i had to type it up from one of leo's videos 

This is what is in my direct experience and has lead me to no mind. The collapse of all qualities by seeing every "thing" is anakantavada

Anakantavada

All the following seven predicates must be accepted as true for a cooking pot

1)      From a certain point of view, the pot exists

2)      From a certain point of view, the pot does not exist

3)      From a certain point of view, the pot exists and does not exist

4)      From a certain point of view, the pot is inexpressible

5)      From a certain point of view, the pot both exists and is inexpressible

6)      From a certain point of view, the pot both does not exist and is inexpressible

7)      From a certain point of view, the pot exists, does not exist and is also inexpressible

So overall you get no-thing-ness by not being able to distinguish anything with the mind, (no mind) 

We are all in agreeance yes? 

Edited by Aakash

@Aakash indeed as i have said many times in past conversations that reality is absolutely relative.  And the Absolute is both the Absolute and the relative and the Absolute.

Oneness makes it indistinguishable.

But let's not derail this thread

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

52 minutes ago, Vignesh Pagadala said:

@winterknight  Thank you for sharing your wisdom. I recently viewed some of your videos, and tried to follow the self-inquiry technique. But it all feels so vague, and I have this feeling of being perpetually lost, with nothing to hold on to. I don't even know if I'm any closer to Truth than I was before, or if I'm just deluding myself.

In the initial self-inquiry stages, I'm sort of able to latch on to the "I" feeling --> realize that's not me --> dig deeper. But once I try to go deeper than the mind, I seem to stall, it's so difficult to get past the mind. Is there any method to circumvent this? Am I doing something wrong? There appears to be nothing past the mind, or am I not looking intensely enough?

Who is it that is noticing that there is a stalling? At every point when you find yourself stuck or unable to go further or dig deeper, or whatever -- aren't you aware of this fact? You are. 

So try to point your attention to this "I" that is aware of it. You have to try and try and try.

And do it in the context of the larger path -- read up and get an intellectual framework and also grow more honest about what you want.  Without that, self-inquiry will be far more difficult than it needs to be.

If suffering is a misconception, is the same also true about peace, joy and other pleasureable sensations? 

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”